Snocross 2022

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that was the first thing I noticed riding @Not greg b's RR compared to my old tin cans

expecting --- waaaaaaaaaaahhhh-BANG!!! 

reality --- mmmmmm-PROCEED

Yeah.  It’s got a little more “bang” than my RR for sure but, it doesn’t jump off the ground at 5500 like my SX.  I’m gonna pull this new team primary apart this week to see what it’s about.  

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that was the first thing I noticed riding @Not greg b's RR compared to my old tin cans

expecting --- waaaaaaaaaaahhhh-BANG!!! 

reality --- mmmmmm-PROCEED

It needs to be bumped up 4K so it doesn’t bog and run like shit on the low end 

28 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It needs to be bumped up 4K so it doesn’t bog and run like shit on the low end 

I set mine up my 800RR close to SX specs with gearing and clutching. Jesus.  Fun for about 20 minutes then, it’s just an exhausting wrestling match trying to control it while feathering the throttle out of corners.  Still, it was a hoot.

22 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, got a bit lucky here.

Yes, they are making it again but, not sure it’s available to the public again.  Only available to race teams and some dealers?  :dunno: I’d like to know the reason why but I’d I had to guess, it’s the same reason why some complained about the RR type models, “It rides like shit”.  Morons wanting the look but, really need a more compliant model.

I hope I like it.  I’m optimistic but it doesn’t have the feel of my last two. Weird low clutch engagement scared me at first.  :lol:

Electronics shortages. I applied to try to get my hands on one but no word yet. money is getting hot in my pocket so I maybe needing to go up the road. 

33 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

whats the list ? 

CA XT Skis

Larger lug Track

Studs

Gearing

Clutching

Riser

soft seat fix?

Maybe I will like these 3 choice adjustable shocks but…..I’m skeptical.

But hey, at least I don’t have to mix gas and get it remapped…plus, reverse! :wall:

Meh…we’ll see.  Maybe I should just do the track and skis and see what it can do.  But, how can it compare?  Prolly more reliable too so…that’s something.

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

CA XT Skis

Larger lug Track

Studs

Gearing

Clutching

Riser

soft seat fix?

But hey, at least I don’t have to mix gas and get it remapped…plus, reverse! :wall:

Meh…we’ll see.  Maybe I should just do the track and skis and see what it can do.  But, how can it compare?  Prolly more reliable too so…that’s something.

Yeah, sounds like you shouldn't have bought a SX sled :lol2:

XT's Popeye?  Greg's has RZ's which seemed pretty good.

Are you leaving the windshield off as well?  Do you trail ride on a SX track?  Culvers I can see but I can't recall needing a 1.75 track to trail ride... ever.

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

CA XT Skis

Larger lug Track

Studs

Gearing

Clutching

Riser

soft seat fix?

reverse? are you getting old ? 

It won't be as snappy as your sx is , its fuel/ignition map is much more mild mannered and the clutching will be more roll on roll off than youre used to..

You'll have to find another excuse at culvers now.. 

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

CA XT Skis

Larger lug Track

Studs

Gearing

Clutching

Riser

soft seat fix?

Are you mostly ditch banging ? Or are you trail riding? ...I cant imagine trail riding a SX sled every weekend, if so thats hardcore 😆

Id be all about the Sled you got now instead personally best of both worlds  

18 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yeah, sounds like you shouldn't have bought a SX sled :lol2:

XT's Popeye?  Greg's has RZ's which seemed pretty good.

Are you leaving the windshield off as well?  Do you trail ride on a SX track?  Culvers I can see but I can't recall needing a 1.75 track to trail ride... ever.

I went to XT’s from Razors on my XRS in 2013 and never looked back.  I want zero question as to where my sled will be going when I yank on the bars and hang.

17 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

reverse? are you getting old ? 

It won't be as snappy as your sx is , its fuel/ignition map is much more mild mannered and the clutching will be more roll on roll off than youre used to..

You'll have to find another excuse at culvers now.. 

I think I’ll try dropping some tougher clutch springs in it to start.  

15 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Are you mostly ditch banging ? Or are you trail riding? ...I cant imagine trail riding a SX sled every weekend, if so thats hardcore 😆

Id be all about the Sled you got now instead personally best of both worlds  

Ditch but mostly trail.  I just revolve the rear SX shocks to XC specs and add dampeners.  30-60 up and down all day long over chop and trash.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I went to XT’s from Razors on my XRS in 2013 and never looked back.  I want zero question as to where my sled will be going when I yank on the bars and hang.

Ditch but mostly trail.  I just revolve the rear SX shocks to XC specs and add dampeners.  30-60 up and down all day long over chop and trash.  

I get it.  I'm a bit OCD about steering as most of the trails I enjoy are like well groomed slalom skiing between trees but haven't felt the need to get a keel that aggressive.  Have contemplated adding the wings to the RZ'S on loose or fresh snow days on occasion.  Run Woody's executives for ice and hard pack which seem to work really well on the SP's

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

If you have instagram, follow my buddy (nickscathouse) he has some nice cat mod sleds that he collects.

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

I see @Zambroski no where did you mention a 20" riser... better add that to the list . 

This came with the 5.5.  I’m ordering the SX 2.5.  BTW, I don’t give two shits about reverse.

33 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

He did, in another thread. 

How about an ISOC Approved snow flap Zamboni?  😆 

naw.  I’ll just keep this one I guess.  It looks funny though.  :lmao:

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Have you ever crashed a sled while driving in reverse?

I smell a new opportunity for you here...

It’s been done!  It may actually come in handy this year since I’ll be going to the trailhead since I can’t ride from home right now.

……assuming I keep it.  50/50 right now.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

It’s been done!  It may actually come in handy this year since I’ll be going to the trailhead since I can’t ride from home right now.

……assuming I keep it.  50/50 right now.

I'll trade you a SP500 + $2k cash for it RIGHT NOW!!!

Pm me...

:lol2: