Snocross 2022

3 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I was thinking the same thing, @Not greg b

Still NOTHING special for their 60th. No wrap, no special anniversary sled, BUT PLENTY of battleship gray. I still can't believe that Cat delivered so little at Hay Days..... A wet fart would be more satisfying. 

Guess that's why I jumped ship this year....well maybe.....if Polaris can deliver.....

After I saw those. Well they missed the boat. Those should have not have been an option. They should have been a choice when ordered this year. They made for a fucking blast. My god 

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I find it odd they make a sweet vintage  zr wrap for a kid’s blast but not for the old man zr trail sled. Especially when most zr buyers had those sleds the wraps are based off of. 

8 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I was thinking the same thing, @Not greg b

Still NOTHING special for their 60th. No wrap, no special anniversary sled, BUT PLENTY of battleship gray. I still can't believe that Cat delivered so little at Hay Days..... A wet fart would be more satisfying. 

Guess that's why I jumped ship this year....well maybe.....if Polaris can deliver.....

Were the wraps from Textron?  Sounded like Kale and Arctic Insider were selling them.

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Ahh I thought it was something Textron did. Hopefully Thomas makes them for the big sleds

According to the post on Arctic insider they are opening a web store and the wraps are for B Last zr200 and 120

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

sweet... a white snowmobile for racing... smh... 

Cat shit the bed plain and simple. still haven't heard if I am getting an xc or if I am going to go pickup a lynx in a few weeks. 

Orange rule the shit out of them.

Go for the Lynx, as you'll be able to get parts/service two years from now.  

On 9/12/2021 at 10:13 PM, Not greg b said:

I find it odd they make a sweet vintage  zr wrap for a kid’s blast but not for the old man zr trail sled. Especially when most zr buyers had those sleds the wraps are based off of. 

I’m guessing maybe because 139 designs and a few others already have them out there for the big sleds? I tried to get a few companies to do an 02 ZR CC style wrap for my RR last year and absolutely nobody could pull it off so maybe Thomas and AI should get on that one.

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

I’m guessing maybe because 139 designs and a few others already have them out there for the big sleds? I tried to get a few companies to do an 02 ZR CC style wrap for my RR last year and absolutely nobody could pull it off so maybe Thomas and AI should get on that one.

I am guessing kale got the rights from arctic cat to do that. That’s why I thought it was a Textron doing it. Most of the aftermarket ones I have seen are not 100% but were absolutely awesome. The ai ones appear to a direct copy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://snocross.com/

Eight races, that's it?  No Eagle River or Geneva?  Do we need to start a go-fund-me page for @fortune46x due to the massive cut in pay?  

Maybe this means he can actually come north to go riding this winter?  

its usually just 8 , by the time the last one comes around the burnout is real with this condensed schedule. The second eagle river was poorly attended and the cost was... uh... ya. Geneva is on there 3/18-20th 

Usually by the time I get a weekend off the last thing I have on my mind is loading up the sled and driving somewhere vs riding locally but I could be persuaded for sure. 

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

its usually just 8 , by the time the last one comes around the burnout is real with this condensed schedule. The second eagle river was poorly attended and the cost was... uh... ya. Geneva is on there 3/18-20th 

Usually by the time I get a weekend off the last thing I have on my mind is loading up the sled and driving somewhere vs riding locally but I could be persuaded for sure. 

Oh, that's what I get for looking at the site on my alien technology phone. :lol:

I have a spare sled you're always welcome to use.

7 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

this one is set up special for Culver's with a 6500rpm limit @Zambroski
https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/407054407693555/?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

zamb.jpeg.62f8a2d084d11ce6e86e4f269d44cf54.jpeg

Love the pic.  :lol:

19 hours ago, mnstang said:

I couldn't find whatever thread that the culver's guy was looking for a sled, so here

Screenshot_20210925-000622.png

Yuh…I’m done with carbs.  My 17 SX was a great conversion.  Thanks for the “bird dog” though. I picked up a 21 RXC. Gonna see what it’s about.

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Love the pic.  :lol:

Yuh…I’m done with carbs.  My 17 SX was a great conversion.  Thanks for the “bird dog” though. I picked up a 21 RXC. Gonna see what it’s about.

Cool did you put pics up somewhere?

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Cool, I liked the colors of that sled and that they went back to 129.  Is it new?

Yeah, I guess it was originally going to come out with the 137 again but, the Team Arctic XC racers said “no”and wanted the 129 again.  Also, they didn’t want the new ARSII front end either.  Nice to know they are still taking notes from the pros.  It has a few laps around the plant and the ditch home I guess.  Still had some crate wrap stuck to it.  Crazy, shitty winter last year.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I guess it was originally going to come out with the 137 again but, the Team Arctic XC racers said “no”and wanted the 129 again.  Also, they didn’t want the new ARSII front end either.  Nice to know they are still taking notes from the pros.  It has a few laps around the plant and the ditch home I guess.  Still had some crate wrap stuck to it.  Crazy, shitty winter last year.

Wow, nice find!  When they late released that sled it made me wish I would have got one.

I don't even know if cat is making an r xc this year?  Was anything at haydays??  

I bet you'll love that sled.

46 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Wow, nice find!  When they late released that sled it made me wish I would have got one.

I don't even know if cat is making an r xc this year?  Was anything at haydays??  

22 is same as the 21 is same as 19.

Edit - 22 should have the new primary clutch.

Edited by racinfarmer

6 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yeah, got a bit lucky here.

Yes, they are making it again but, not sure it’s available to the public again.  Only available to race teams and some dealers?  :dunno: I’d like to know the reason why but I’d I had to guess, it’s the same reason why some complained about the RR type models, “It rides like shit”.  Morons wanting the look but, really need a more compliant model.

I hope I like it.  I’m optimistic but it doesn’t have the feel of my last two. Weird low clutch engagement scared me at first.  :lol: