FrankieJames7's 150+hp Ultra

9 minutes ago, FrankieJames7 said:

as soon as snow flies youll see me out there in the field. i will do it when i can. what are you going to do after you lose? will that finally make you stfu?

Oh god no, no skin off my ass if I lose. Watching you try is all the reward I need. I’ll still have your roached out POS racial car to laugh at!!  It’s win win for me :bc: . All I have to do is hunt,fish, golf, travel and bug Frankie now that I’m retired :lol:

• 9 months later...
9 minutes ago, ACE said:

Ultra engine was a good platform.. a big jump over most of Polaris junk triples 

Yah and if you had a good clutch setup you could put a turbo on one and bump the rpm another 1000 or so higher while making another 60hp and not change a thing clutching wise. 

That’s according to Phil at Patriotic Innovations anyways. 

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah and if you had a good clutch setup you could put a turbo on one and bump the rpm another 1000 or so higher while making another 60hp and not change a thing clutching wise. 

You can even over weight the primary really bad and under rev it a lot 

15 minutes ago, ACE said:

You can even over weight the primary really bad and under rev it a lot 

Yah but it would be way slower then , not way faster as in the case of the turbo. 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yah but it would be way slower then , not way faster as in the case of the turbo. 

Yeah we’re just talking about what you can do not what you should do tbh 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Yeah we’re just talking about what you can do not what you should do tbh 

Hey take it up with Phil , he did it and said it worked great and why wouldnt it? I mean it only makes sense. 

Edited by f7ben

43 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Well you already proved you'll hitch your wagon to any donkey that will pull it with Badger so carry on. Have you no fucking shame man???

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Hey take it up with Phil , he did it and said it worked great and why wouldnt it? I mean it only makes sense. 

You guys might not agree with Phil on politics, but guy knows his shit when it comes to building turbo sleds and cars. I have driven his polaris sleds.  Wicked fast and not cobbled together garbage. 

150+ hp out of an ultra would take the kind of cash i DONT see frankie blowing on a 1997 sled,, any sled really.  Some years ago I did send him a pdf that had enough information on it to get one up to or just over 145HP. it was a pretty large file that had SLP tuning along with recipes from a bunch of builders that DID get some good pah from that triple. lots of little tricks of the trade on it,, he didnt follow shit from them from what i read.  he aint getting over 120 if hes getting anything more than stock hp out of one..

shhit, i recall telling him adjusting belt deflection isnt done with the engine stop.  

10 minutes ago, Cold War said:

You guys might not agree with Phil on politics, but guy knows his shit when it comes to building turbo sleds and cars. I have driven his polaris sleds.  Wicked fast and not cobbled together garbage. 

I know , I have talked to him many times. He’s pretty much a leading authority on carb turbo two strokes 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I know , I have talked to him many times. He’s pretty much a leading authority on carb turbo two strokes 

Him and Gus Bohne