John McAfee won't be down for breakfast.

• Gold Member
11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wasn't this guy a total whack job that was talking about how the CIA was trying to kill him?

Yep and he moved to south America, had a teenage girlfriend, was suspected in a murder down there. Entertaining story, Would've like to have a beer with this guy for the entertainment value.

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Yep and he moved to south America, had a teenage girlfriend, was suspected in a murder down there. Entertaining story, Would've like to have a beer with this guy for the entertainment value.

I think I watched an interview with him years ago.  I remember thinking he was a paranoid skitz.  My god, off the charts conspiracy theories.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I think I watched an interview with him years ago.  I remember thinking he was a paranoid skitz.  My god, off the charts conspiracy theories.

yep. rich as fuck and batshit crazy too boot!

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah there is a documentary with and about him good watch . He was a kook before the money 

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I just watched a 20/20 show about him last week. 

Gotta say I did love the sign he had hanging over his mantle

" be reasonable , do it my way"

I think he was challenging the legitimacy of income taxes. He was refusing to pay them as they are illegal under the constitution. So they may have killed him... 

“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.” - Hunter S. Thompson

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, ACE said:

Ope

0C8CC4C6-FF65-4D9C-9F21-B48A1F133ADB.jpeg

Interesting how they word that.

It used to be that "he commited suicide", now its "he died by suicide." Like he wasn't responsible for killing himself.

The placing of blame.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Anler said:

I think he was challenging the legitimacy of income taxes. He was refusing to pay them as they are illegal under the constitution. So they may have killed him... 

I thought he had been incorporated in Ireland from the beginning and when he sold to digital river the deal was done in Ireland and digital river was also incorporated in Ireland.  Pretty sure He was already living in South America at that  point . What the fuck is new York doing going after him at this point ? This shit has been decades . 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

I thought he had been incorporated in Ireland from the beginning and when he sold to digital river the deal was done in Ireland and digital river was also incorporated in Ireland.  Pretty sure He was already living in South America at that  point . What the fuck is new York doing going after him at this point ? This shit has been decades . 

He was wanted for tax evasion. 

Search NewsSearch web

McAfee's widow: Software entrepreneur was not suicidal

His last words to me 
 were I love you and I 
  •  

•  
Reuters Videos

McAfee's widow: Software entrepreneur was not suicidal

Fri, June 25, 2021, 11:11 AM

In this article:
  •  

• John McAfee
    American computer programmer and businessman

Janice McAfee said she wanted a thorough investigation into the circumstances of the death of her husband, which happened in his prison cell in Barcelona on Wednesday (June 23) in what the authorities said was an apparent suicide.

"His last words to me were 'I love you and I will call you in the evening', those words are not words of someone who is suicidal," she told reporters outside the Barcelona-area Brians 2 jail where her husband had been held since October.

"I blame the U.S. authorities for this tragedy. Because of these politically motivated charges against him, my husband is now dead," she said, adding that he planned to appeal against Spain's high court ruling that authorised his extradition to the United States on tax evasion charges.

"I don't believe he did this, I will get answers," she said.

The court ruling was published on Wednesday a few hours before the news of his death.

McAfee's lawyer, Javier Villalba, said the family was awaiting the results of an official autopsy, but he would request a second, independent autopsy as instructed by the McAfee family, who he said could take legal action once the investigation into the death was concluded.