Official JTSSRX Flat Earth Thread

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Gravity isn't real?  :lol:  The why do objects of different weights of the same size fall the same speed back to earth. (given no difference in air resistance).   In a vacuum with air resistance removed the objects will always fall at the same speed even a feather and hammer.   

Don't know what you believe regarding gravity however the upward movement of the earth is a common belief with FE's. 

Do you understand what the scientific method is? Gravity can't be proven using the scientific method. What your describing is an observation. You're told the observation is caused by gravity. As I stated Neal Degrasse Tyson admits Gravity can't be proven 

Edited by jtssrx

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Do you understand what the scientific method is? Gravity can't be proven using the scientific method. What your describing is an observation. You're told the observation is caused by gravity. As I stated Neal Degrasse Tyson admits Gravity can't be proven 

I've watched his explanation before.   He also says we can measure it and predict with it.   

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Thread ender. 

One of these threads started shortly after I first got here.  It was entertaining and actually a little educational.

I just decided it's a movie not watching twice...like the "lug flick" threads.  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Thread ender. 

There are several flights that fly in the face of this guys explanation. I reached out to someone about this flight. I'm waiting on the response. From what I've researched the flight this guy claims to exist in fact does not exist. I posted a video twice that details this. Have you watched that one or are you only interested in the videos that align with your view and are would be considered confirmation Bias? 

Again I'm open to the video and seeing if it's true. 

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've watched his explanation before.   He also says we can measure it and predict with it.   

I'm curious how you explain how gravity holds all the water to the earths surface but can't stop a Butterfly or a Balloon from leaving the earths surface? 

4 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

It’s explained best by a geometric distortion of space time, but yeah hard to “prove” I suppose.  Certainly somewhat corroborated by observations.  

What’s really crazy is how Newtonian relativity completely breaks down on the subatomic level.  Mass increases, physical dimensions are altered, time slows down as you approach the speed of light, at least with respect to an outside observer.  

Even at speeds like those experienced on the ISS, they will experience time differently than on Earth’s surface.  This is both due to their velocity and their elevation, ie: gravitational time dilation.  The two work against each other in their case.  Even mountain climbers will experience time moving slightly faster than someone on the surface.  They say the Earth’s core is as much as 2.5 years younger than the surface.  If you snowmobile very fast at low altitude you can actually manage to age more slowly than someone who snowmobiles slowly in the mountains.  

i do agree with Mr. Tyson though that the Earth is generally spherical, but I admire your curiosity.  Good luck on your quest to enlightenment :D

6 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Watch this one

:lol:   

You do realize the earth spins at .0007 RPM?   Now...do you really think that creates enough centrifugal force to cause objects to fly off?   You and other FE's get stuck on the speed and forget the relationship to the size of the earth.

Do an experiment.   Stack some pennies on a record player or something and spin it at even 1 rpm and see if it "fly's off."   Bet it don't and 1 RPM is 1440 (minutes in the day) times faster than the earth is spinning!

Better yet put some drops of water on that record and spin it.   See if it moves at all at 1 RPM. 

I am spinning a bit faster at the equator than I am near one of the poles but my RPM is the same.   .0007

This of course also isn't accounting for gravity or air pressure "holding" things in place.  Normal air pressure at sea level is 14.7 PSI.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

From what I've researched the flight this guy claims to exist in fact does not exist. 

The point is recent as last year the flight existed but of course you can continue to believe that it did not.  Routes are cancelled or changed all the time for many reasons see below.  This particular route is difficult because of the sheer distance of it and the number of planes in fleets that can actually fly it non-stop.  Also realize that the global pandemic has impacted commercial flights significantly.  If there is no money to be made in a route it get's changed or cancelled.

There is plenty of evidence out there that these flights did exist but understand why it works out better to believe otherwise. 

Just one of the many articles documenting the addition of the non-stop flights:  https://simpleflying.com/sydney-to-santiago-direct/

Santiago to Sydney and Melbourne

The flight between Chile’s capital and Sydney by Australia’s Qantas has the distinction of being the longest scheduled nonstop flight between cities in the Southern Hemisphere, at 7,060 miles. It’s operated by one of the few Boeing 747s remaining in Qantas’ fleet.

The one by LATAM, from Santiago to Melbourne in a 787-8, is just a bit shorter at 7,033 miles.

LATAM and Qantas are partners in the Oneworld alliance, with American Airlines. They codeshare on these routes and passengers can benefit from access to their respective regional networks at either end of their routes. That’s going away at the end of this year, when LATAM plans to leave Oneworld.

Edited by jdsky
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

This video is very interesting. From everything I've researched the flight he talks about doesn't exist. But that could be wrong. This video that I posted yesterday. Outlines a flight from South America to Perth Australia that doesn't follow the route that the guy in your video says they take. I will keep researching it  :thumbsup:

Again I want you all to know I'm open minded to any model. I don't understand why some of you feel the need to attack me. Is it because we are programmed to do that? Maybe

This video completely ignores the variances in flight patterns based on weather, "better safe than sorry" flight precautions, capabilities of airplanes, etc.

Then he goes on to say that NASA controls the flight plans. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

This video from the point I started it outlines how you can see Polaris from the southern hemisphere. Not just Polaris but many other stars  

Right, and the videos on you tube are fact, correct?   You cannot see Polaris from any latitude beyond 1 degree.  I don't care how much you argue, you are wrong.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WildMann said:

Right, and the videos on you tube are fact, correct?   You cannot see Polaris from any latitude beyond 1 degree.  I don't care how much you argue, you are wrong.  

Look more closely….

37227286-81F6-4813-85EF-C62940C1F2AC.jpeg

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Anler said:

I can't even believe this is a thing. Ffs. 

Can't believe it either.  I must have been completely out of the loop on this one when I studied the planets in college.  All that time wasted writing a research paper on the moon.  Spent a fair bit of time studying it through a telescope even.  Any third grader can see the damn thing is a sphere.  

• Like 1

Ok JT.  What are all of the FE believers going to do when these flights start taking place?  Bury their heads in the sand or make up some story that this is just NASA and it's all another CGI Disney Ride......

Maybe FS can pass the can around and collect the necessary funds to buy a ticket. It's only $125K for the ride.

sp4.jpg

space perspective.jpg

sp2.png

sp3.jpg

8 hours ago, jdsky said:

Can't believe it either.  I must have been completely out of the loop on this one when I studied the planets in college.  All that time wasted writing a research paper on the moon.  Spent a fair bit of time studying it through a telescope even.  Any third grader can see the damn thing is a sphere.  

That’s cool and all but have you ever watched YouTube videos? :lol:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/full-disk-hd-images-of-the-earth-from-satellites.8676/

If the earth was flat, would you or would you not be able to see china and the usa in the same picture?   How come I can't in these pictures taken from satellites almost daily?

If you think the world is flat, you need your head read. Maybe leave the comfort of your living room or basement, find out how big and beautiful the world really is, and how you can check things for yourself. Even if you fail at trying, at least you will learn something valuable as opposed to your life direction currently.  Cheers all, I am done arguing truth with monkeys. Oh wait, even the monkeys know the earth is a sphere, they have been out there also.  Worse than monkeys...... 

Edited by WildMann

2 hours ago, WildMann said:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/full-disk-hd-images-of-the-earth-from-satellites.8676/

If the earth was flat, would you or would you not be able to see china and the usa in the same picture?   How come I can't in these pictures taken from satellites almost daily?

If you think the world is flat, you need your head read. Maybe leave the comfort of your living room or basement, find out how big and beautiful the world really is, and how you can check things for yourself. Even if you fail at trying, at least you will learn something valuable as opposed to your life direction currently.  Cheers all, I am done arguing truth with monkeys. Oh wait, even the monkeys know the earth is a sphere, they have been out there also.  Worse than monkeys...... 

You have to understand that to flat earthers virtually everything about space travel, satellites...anything remotely involved in leaving the earths atmosphere has been made up by govt and done thru....get this CGI. :lol:   Even as far back as the 70's.

Their whole premise revolves around this theory.   Without it they have nothing.  

This literally means going back to the 5th century BC people were lying as that is when it first appears as spherical in writings.   Even today 100% of the worlds govt's and 100,000's if not millions of scientists, astronomers etc. are all in on the ruse.  :lmao: Not to mention the fact that with the naked eye and simple telescopes you can see other planetary objects are all spherical.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Elon Musk has a Roadster orbiting around the sun, just like the planets do.

Can this be flat explained?

whereisroadster2020.jpg

Yes.  They will say it's not really there and any photo's of it orbiting are CGI....  These two things cover any possible scenario.