Official JTSSRX Flat Earth Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 8/15/2021 at 8:27 AM, jtssrx said:

@Highmark

you think there’s curve in your water pic lmao 😂 

Dude just quit it.   Believing the earth is flat just makes you look retarded. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

Dude just quit it.   Believing the earth is flat just makes you look retarded. 

Believing anything the power structure tells you proves your a sheep 🐑 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Who told you it is flat?

My eyes. You can see things that you shouldn’t based on the earth curvature formula. 

the Argument below about about Coriolis is another reason why I don’t believe it’s a spinning ball. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, jtssrx said:

My eyes. You can see things that you shouldn’t based on the earth curvature formula. 

the Argument below about about Coriolis is another reason why I don’t believe it’s a spinning ball. 

Do your eyes tell you the moon is a disk? :lmao:

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

WHY CANT I SEE MICHIGAN FROM WISCONSIN ACROSS LAKE MICHIGAN?

Perspective atmosphere  and the way your eyes work. 

why can I see Wisconsin on a clear day with the help of good optics. Why can I see Tawas Michigan from port Austin which are 48 miles apart on a clear day. I was on Lake Saint clare yesterday it was so clear I could see the General Motors “GM” logo on the rencen from the South Channel which are 30 miles apart. According to the curvature calculator there should be 552 feet of curvature in that distance. There are multiple builds the tallest being 700 feet the others being less. You can clearly see all the buildings. This shouldn’t be possible on a globe with the radios they claim

according to this you should only be able be able to see things that are three miles away. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-far-can-the-human-eye-see#earthly-limits

People often use the term “sightline” in a theater to describe the line of sight from an audience member’s seat to the stage. But, a sightline is really any uninterrupted visual angle from a person’s eyes to what the person is trying to see.

Aside from obvious visual obstructions like trees, buildings, and clouds, there’s one major factor that can reduce your sightline: the curvature of the Earth.

The Earth curves about 8 inches per mile. As a result, on a flat surface with your eyes 5 feet or so off the ground, the farthest edge that you can see is about 3 miles away. 

To put it another way, if you’re standing on a beach in Florida or driving past the farms of Nebraska (both places where it’s relatively flat), the farthest part of the horizon that you can see is about 3 miles away.

Edited by jtssrx

4 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Perspective atmosphere  and the way your eyes work. 

why can I see Wisconsin on a clear day with the help of good optics. Why can I see Tawas Michigan from port Austin which are 48 miles apart on a clear day. I was on Lake Saint clare yesterday it was so clear I could see the General Motors “GM” logo on the rencen from the South Channel which are 30 miles apart. According to the curvature calculator there should be 552 feet of curvature in that distance. There are multiple builds the tallest being 700 feet the others being less. You can clearly see all the buildings. This shouldn’t be possible on a globe with the radios they claim

according to this you should only be able be able to see things that are three miles away. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-far-can-the-human-eye-see#earthly-limits

People often use the term “sightline” in a theater to describe the line of sight from an audience member’s seat to the stage. But, a sightline is really any uninterrupted visual angle from a person’s eyes to what the person is trying to see.

Aside from obvious visual obstructions like trees, buildings, and clouds, there’s one major factor that can reduce your sightline: the curvature of the Earth.

The Earth curves about 8 inches per mile. As a result, on a flat surface with your eyes 5 feet or so off the ground, the farthest edge that you can see is about 3 miles away. 

To put it another way, if you’re standing on a beach in Florida or driving past the farms of Nebraska (both places where it’s relatively flat), the farthest part of the horizon that you can see is about 3 miles away.

Why can I see further from the top of the Willis Tower than at ground level?

5 hours ago, Plissken said:

Why can I see further from the top of the Willis Tower than at ground level?

You can I’ve been up there. You can see multiple states from up there but visibility depends on how clear of a dat you have. 

Suppose that the earth is a sphere of radius 3963 miles. If you are at a point P on the earth's surface and move tangent to the surface a distance of 1 mile then you can form a right angled triangel as in the diagram. Using the theorem of Pythagoras a2 = 39632 + 12 = 15705370 and thus a = 3963.000126 miles. Thus your position is 3963.000126 - 3963 = 0.000126 miles above the surface of the earth. 0.000126 miles = 12*5280*0.000126 = 7.98 inches. Hence the earth's surface curves approximately 8 inches in one mile.

21 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Shortened flight times due to Coriolis Effect?

Kooky batshittery.

Neal

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTIE KATZ said:

Suppose that the earth is a sphere of radius 3963 miles. If you are at a point P on the earth's surface and move tangent to the surface a distance of 1 mile then you can form a right angled triangel as in the diagram. Using the theorem of Pythagoras a2 = 39632 + 12 = 15705370 and thus a = 3963.000126 miles. Thus your position is 3963.000126 - 3963 = 0.000126 miles above the surface of the earth. 0.000126 miles = 12*5280*0.000126 = 7.98 inches. Hence the earth's surface curves approximately 8 inches in one mile.

I was a Government Surveyor for 15 years, we had correction corners between each Township due the the Earth's curvature.

That was for correcting the CGI effect of the projector not pointing at the screen properly. Clearly all the evidence here points to a flat earth. Can you not see it?  I mean this is the longest running conspiracy in human history, they knew the earth was flat when Chris Columbus set off in search of the India Trading company back in the 1400's. By the way, Chris fell off the earth and never returned. JT has a you tube video that was taken back then.  Just ask him and he will post it.   :lol:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Shortened flight times due to Coriolis Effect?

Kooky batshittery.

Neal

You and @XCR1250don't understand what Nathan Oakley is saying. 

1. Neal deGrasse Tyson says the atmosphere isn't attached to the earths surface. This is how you get the Coriolis affect. 
  2. Anti-flat-earthers like Blue Marble claim much like you and may here the the Atmosphere is attached to the earth. That's why you don't see any difference in flight times. 

If Tyson is correct than and there are two reference frames and Coriolis is real than air travel doesn't work

6 hours ago, jtssrx said:

You and @XCR1250don't understand what Nathan Oakley is saying. 

1. Neal deGrasse Tyson says the atmosphere isn't attached to the earths surface. This is how you get the Coriolis affect. 
  2. Anti-flat-earthers like Blue Marble claim much like you and may here the the Atmosphere is attached to the earth. That's why you don't see any difference in flight times. 

If Tyson is correct than and there are two reference frames and Coriolis is real than air travel doesn't work

It’s already been explained to you that the atmosphere isn’t attached to the Earth so Tyson is correct.  Not sure how that makes air travel not work.  I’ve been on planes and seen them fly from the ground so I know they work.

34 minutes ago, Plissken said:

It’s already been explained to you that the atmosphere isn’t attached to the Earth so Tyson is correct.  Not sure how that makes air travel not work.  I’ve been on planes and seen them fly from the ground so I know they work.

No the position of many on the board is the atmosphere is attached to the earth. 

42 minutes ago, Phenom said:

So in flat earth theory, does the earth go around the sun or does the sun go around the earth?

I don’t think either is possible if the Earth is an infinite plane as some flat Arthur’s believe because they would collide with each other.  Unless there are clearance holes the sun can pass through or something.  

8 hours ago, jtssrx said:

No the position of many on the board is the atmosphere is attached to the earth. 

That’s because you were trying to say some retarded shit about if the Earth is spinning you should feel the wind going past you at 5000 mph or some bullshit as if the atmosphere doesn’t spin at roughly the same speed as our rotation, with slight variations based on elevation, jet stream, etc.  

But strictly “tied” it is not.  We lose about 60 metric tons of atmosphere to space every year.