Official JTSSRX Flat Earth Thread

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

That’s not proof. What’s your proof. You blindly believe most everything you’re told. Because the government never lies or uses bought and paid for experts to push their lies

Again......assuming you are 100% correct and the world is actually flat, what is the benefit of world Governments "tricking" everyone into thinking it's round....what is the endgame..

16 minutes ago, Skeeter21i said:

Again......assuming you are 100% correct and the world is actually flat, what is the benefit of world Governments "tricking" everyone into thinking it's round....what is the endgame..

Immerse yourself in full blown evangelical retardation and then you’ll understand. It’s about nothing more than the outright rejection of anything science.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

It should be measurable. Do you understand what science is? Its a method it's not just some word use to prove your correct about something. Please tell me what scientific method you use to prove the atmosphere is tied to the earth

That's fucking rich.   A flat earther asking someone if they know what science is.  Yes gravity has some unknowns but that doesn't mean we don't know enough about it to measure it and predict it extremely accurately.   Is that where your whole flat earth belief comes from that gravity cannot completely be explained?   I mean besides scientists and every govt has been lying to us for hundreds if not thousands of years.  :lol:     

I mean this debate is not one like global warming.  There is likely not one accredited scientist in the entire world that believes the flat earth nonsense.   Think about that for a second.   Human nature being that of one of both conformity and individualism you don't think many would be screaming from the mountain tops about the earths true shape?   Many scientists don't conform to the push for MMGW even at their own financial peril after being ostracized by others.  

When it comes to the rotation of the atmosphere you are also ignoring Newton's laws of motion as well as others such as those around friction besides that of gravity.  Let me ask you this do you believe the laws around motion and friction have been proven scientifically?

Edited by Highmark

3 hours ago, Skeeter21i said:

If it’s flat there I believe anything we call a alien comes from another place on the flat plane. If it’s flat people would want to explore beyond this place. 

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

That's fucking rich.   A flat earther asking someone if they know what science is.  Yes gravity has some unknowns but that doesn't mean we don't know enough about it to measure it and predict it extremely accurately.   Is that where your whole flat earth belief comes from that gravity cannot completely be explained?   I mean besides scientists and every govt has been lying to us for hundreds if not thousands of years.  :lol:     

I mean this debate is not one like global warming.  There is likely not one accredited scientist in the entire world that believes the flat earth nonsense.   Think about that for a second.   Human nature being that of one of both conformity and individualism you don't think many would be screaming from the mountain tops about the earths true shape?   Many scientists don't conform to the push for MMGW even at their own financial peril after being ostracized by others.  

When it comes to the rotation of the atmosphere you are also ignoring Newton's laws of motion as well as others such as those around friction besides that of gravity.  Let me ask you this do you believe the laws around motion and friction have been proven scientifically?

I’ve asked you to prove it I’m asking you for thee paragraphs of insults and questions. Prove how newtons laws prove the earths atmosphere is tied to the earth. 

prove it using the scientific method

Just now, jtssrx said:

I’ve asked you to prove it I’m asking you for thee paragraphs of insults and questions. Prove how newtons laws prove the earths atmosphere is tied to the earth. 

prove it using the scientific method

Geez, Dude. I rarely comment on your posts, but have liked some, but this is just getting into the realms of bizzaro world here.

Time to let this one go and move on as you're not going to change anyone's mind here,,, ever.

49 minutes ago, irv said:

Geez, Dude. I rarely comment on your posts, but have liked some, but this is just getting into the realms of bizzaro world here.

Time to let this one go and move on as you're not going to change anyone's mind here,,, ever.

I’m not trying to Change anyones mind

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

I’m not trying to Change anyones mind

:lmao:

I'm done with this idiocy.   It's worse than Vince and pee stain with the drive ratio.

• Like 1

If it’s flat there I believe anything we call a alien comes from another place on the flat plane. If it’s flat people would want to explore beyond this place. 

anything we call an alien is something not of our planet, flat, round or otherwise...

As for the bolded.

As opposed to the desire of the whole human race to explore beyond a  "round" earth?

You must be be trolling, no way you are serious with this weak of an "explanation"

A sextant (or clinometer) is used to find your latitude on the spherical Earth by observing the sun or stars.

main-qimg-c81759f0c534c5f69f23b93ff4046190

Here's how measuring the angle of the North Star (Polaris) is actually a direct indication of your latitude (within a degree or so):

main-qimg-ba0fc1f4bce4ad223fbfc036b8730c67
  • At the North Pole, the latitude is 90 degrees, so Polaris is very close to 90 degrees, straight overhead.
  • In Miami, Florida, the latitude is 25.7 degrees, so Polaris is about 25.7 degrees above the horizon.
  • At the Equator, the latitude is 0, so Polaris would be very close to 0 degrees, at the horizon.
  • South of the Equator, Polaris cannot be seen, so other targets are used to determine latitudes in the southern hemisphere.

This is easy to understand. It's verifiable and repeatable. Anyone north of the Equator with a sextant (or cell phone sextant app, or even a homemade clinometer made from a plastic protractor) can take their own measurement of Polaris to determine their latitude.

Now for the flat Earth:

The flat-earthers usually agree on the Azimuthal equidistant projection map with the North Pole in the center. The AE map has every degree of latitude equaling about 69 miles which is the same as the globe (because some things are just too undeniable to deny).

They usually say that Polaris is directly above the flat Earth, on the dome maybe about 3,100 miles up.

But when drawing out the angles it is easy to see that the flat Earth model is not concordant with reality.

main-qimg-73119fb332d2248fa4651c7265009777

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

If the earth is round how come I can see the Sears tower from my house? 37 miles away? :news:

From the ground you can't see the first 913 feet of it.  

Many questions.  No answers, just denial and pseudoscience.  

Still need that working model and some kind of logical reason why every major super power on the planet is in on the hoax.