"Who said I was against voter ID?" says 2 people who fight voter ID

Prominent Democratic activist Stacey Abrams this week came out in support of the measures, a sharp reversal from earlier hardline opposition to voting ID laws. 

Abrams suggested that widespread Democratic opposition to voting ID laws has been “one of the fallacies of Republican talking points that have been deeply disturbing.” 

“No one has ever objected to having to prove who you are to vote,” she said. “It's been part of our nation's history since the inception of voting.”

In April of this year, Abrams claimed she was opposed to Georgia’s recently passed election reform bill due in part to the fact that it “requires that a voter has a photo identification or some other form of identification that they are willing to surrender in order to participate in an absentee ballot process.”

Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock, meanwhile, has also voiced support for Machin’s proposal, falsely claiming that he has “never been opposed to voter ID” and that he “[doesn’t] know anybody who is.”

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/elections/top-georgia-democrats-flip-voter-id-amid-push-manchin-identification

23 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Don't care how they get there as long as they get there 

Abrams and Warnock are both worthless talking heads.  Only one place we should hope they “get”….and I truly don’t care how they arrive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Must be polling data somewhere that tells them they are on the wrong side of this to reverse their position so blatantly.

I saw a poll in Pennsylvania that said 68% were for it. Should be 100%. Morons…

19 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I saw a poll in Pennsylvania that said 68% were for it. Should be 100%. Morons…

That's because of the bullshit the GOP pulled before.   I had a photo ID issued by  Pa. that required a background check and finger printing and wasn't allowed as legal ID.    I really wonder why an adult that owns or rents a house, pays utility bills, has a bank account, owns guns, needs anymore ID than they already have, face it if you can do everything else in your life with the ID you have, why do you need a special one to vote?  

The GOP really backed off that in Pa. after they found it had a far more negative effect on their voter base than they originally thought.

6 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Voter id here in NH

Not here in MN.  Just a photoshopped credit card bill or someone "vouching" for you.  Or my favorite, no in person voting at all, just send out ballets, and not even a witness signature required!

7 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Not here in MN.  Just a photoshopped credit card bill or someone "vouching" for you.  Or my favorite, no in person voting at all, just send out ballets, and not even a witness signature required!

when did this happen?

People never received a random ballot, they got sample ballots with instructions and a form to fill out to get an absentee ballot and the absentee ballot definitely needed a witness signature.

1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

when did this happen?

People never received a random ballot, they got sample ballots with instructions and a form to fill out to get an absentee ballot and the absentee ballot definitely needed a witness signature.

We get ballots sent out automatically to any registered voter since they closed our precinct.  Doesn't have to be requested, it just comes in the government mail.

No signature required on absentee ballots due to covid!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

when did this happen?

An absentee ballot request needs to be made here in NH. They won’t send one if your not on the towns registered list. When received it’s filled out by the voter that’s registered. If your having someone do it for you you need an id and a sig and witness is required. We dropped ours off at the town hall and the clerk asked for a id.

Voting in person requires an id and they check you off the voters list.

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

We get ballots sent out automatically to any registered voter since they closed our precinct.  Doesn't have to be requested, it just comes in the government mail.

No signature required on absentee ballots due to covid!

After a quick google I see they did suspend the witness. I did not know that. I can't find any info that ballots were being sent out without being requested. :bc:

6 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

An absentee ballot request needs to be made here in NH. They won’t send one if your not on the towns registered list. When received it’s filled out by the voter that’s registered. If your having someone do it for you you need an id and a sig and witness is required. We dropped ours off at the town hall and the clerk asked for a id.

all as it should be. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

all as it should be. :bc:

True, yet those who are not legal residents and cannot purchase a resident hunting license or register a snowmobile as a resident are allowed to vote. It is not the bulletproof system that MC would have you beleive.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Well there you have it, nothing could happen there.