Ever overpay for a rec toy knowingly???

On 6/15/2021 at 11:52 AM, HSR said:

Man I know I just payed too much for a 2014 Polaris Sportsman 550eps/xp. 13,000 miles!!! Yikes!!!! Has a plow so cool. Young guy is desperate ,,broke and this was the only thing he has that was payed off. Needed $6000 to get his finances in order. Oh well,,,he's my step son and it's better than just giving it too him,,, at least I feel I made him sacrifice something. It's in pretty good shape for the mileage,,,probably turn into a money pit so may just use it to plow.

To answer your question, no.  But, also, you didn’t really just “overpay” either.  You were giving a bit to charity to help somebody out.  That’s worth something….sometimes worth more than the tangible product.

:bc:

I've overpaid twice, on purpose, to get what I wanted.

As long as your not going in blind throwing money around.  If you overpaid and the wheeler is a POS then I guess you're kind of fucked, but you know it's maintenance history which is critical on any power sports.  You're doing the right thing. 

I gave my daughter a Honda Civic for free when her Camry blew up.

2 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

I've overpaid twice, on purpose, to get what I wanted.

As long as your not going in blind throwing money around.  If you overpaid and the wheeler is a POS then I guess you're kind of fucked, but you know it's maintenance history which is critical on any power sports.  You're doing the right thing. 

I gave my daughter a Honda Civic for free when her Camry blew up.

I guess I need to change my answer if paying more to get what I wanted counts as “overpaying”.  

5 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

You bought a Cat so you got ripped off regardless.

You think that’s funny?

:lol:

I did pay a premium for my last race sled but, I got all kinds of perks with it so, I think it was worth it.  Plus, I don’t buy clapped out garbage.

50 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You think that’s funny?

:lol:

I did pay a premium for my last race sled but, I got all kinds of perks with it so, I think it was worth it.  Plus, I don’t buy clapped out garbage.

I'm a connoiseur of clapped out garage :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Junk, rebranded Arctic Cat garbage.

I have had real good luck with both my cat sxs and my old atv . Pound the piss out of them . A arm bushings is about it . Well my sxs had a new Trans at 25 mi . Warranty work . My newest one is a 15 not sure about anything newer . If I were going to get another 50 inch sxs I would buy tge wild cat trail over the skidoo all day and a coin flip over the rzr 50 900 and tge wild cat 700 both eat a arm bushings like candy and are only like 9hp diff on a dyno 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I have had real good luck with both my cat sxs and my old atv . Pound the piss out of them . A arm bushings is about it . Well my sxs had a new Trans at 25 mi . Warranty work . My newest one is a 15 not sure about anything newer . If I were going to get another 50 inch sxs I would buy tge wild cat trail over the skidoo all day and a coin flip over the rzr 50 900 and tge wild cat 700 both eat a arm bushings like candy and are only like 9hp diff on a dyno 

I have the RZR 900 Trail.  It's 52" from the factory.  Added wheels & tires and I'm at 56" now.

5 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I have the RZR 900 Trail.  It's 52" from the factory.  Added wheels & tires and I'm at 56" now.

52?  Says 50 in the book I know of 2 gates you would not get 52 thrugh . With my 50 the flares are 52 and they are bent over getting thrugh . I'd be sort of pissed if I bought it and did not know and found my self fucked at a gate 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

52?  Says 50 in the book I know of 2 gates you would not get 52 thrugh . With my 50 the flares are 52 and they are bent over getting thrugh . I'd be sort of pissed if I bought it and did not know and found my self fucked at a gate 

Says 52" right on the registration. The reason why the 50" measures 52" is Polaris measures width from the face of the wheels.  The state of MN measures width from the outside of the tires.