Ever overpay for a rec toy knowingly???

Man I know I just payed too much for a 2014 Polaris Sportsman 550eps/xp. 13,000 miles!!! Yikes!!!! Has a plow so cool. Young guy is desperate ,,broke and this was the only thing he has that was payed off. Needed $6000 to get his finances in order. Oh well,,,he's my step son and it's better than just giving it too him,,, at least I feel I made him sacrifice something. It's in pretty good shape for the mileage,,,probably turn into a money pit so may just use it to plow.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, HSR said:

Man I know I just payed too much for a 2014 Polaris Sportsman 550eps/xp. 13,000 miles!!! Yikes!!!! Has a plow so cool. Young guy is desperate ,,broke and this was the only thing he has that was payed off. Needed $6000 to get his finances in order. Oh well,,,he's my step son and it's better than just giving it too him,,, at least I feel I made him sacrifice something. It's in pretty good shape for the mileage,,,probably turn into a money pit so may just use it to plow.

I like the idea of giving him a bit more thru a purchase than a simple gift.   :thumbsup:

I've sold stuff to friends or acquaintances that were worth more than the price to help them out.   Gave my son's girlfriend (now fiancé) and my uncle really good deals on used small trucks.   Both were worth almost double what I sold them for.  

Done the same with a few used sleds to get young people into the sport. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 4

I bought a ranger p/u that I made the mistake of cosigning from my son. Told him he had 3 months to buy it back before I sold it to recover as much money I could. Didn't take to bad of a haircut on it. He loved that truck but deals a deal.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HSR said:

My 2014 Polaris 400 Sportsman, is one of the best machines I have ever owned. Only needed two 11 dollar relays in almost 7 years. 

I say help the kid out, and don't give it a second thought. 

6Gs is a bit high, but you're bailing him out.   :bc:

Not a toy, but I had 4 Ford rims and tires my customer gave me to replace the absolute crap rims Ford put on their trucks. By the end of the day, I had sold them for $50 to a friend at my last pick up at work... wife has cancer, shit insurance, typical stuff.

• Like 3

anyone who bought a toy this year prob overpaid.   Def on new ones.  I just left the cat/kawasaki dealer.  Picked up a new utility trailer for my SxS.   They had 1 sport SxS in stock and 1 Cat full size wheeler plus a couple of mules.   I figure i paid $1000 too much for my SxS in January but I could make 1500-2k right now if i sold it but I'd pay 2-3k more to replace it than i should.  People are asking on 2018-20 wheelers for more than they paid right now.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

anyone who bought a toy this year prob overpaid.   Def on new ones.  I just left the cat/kawasaki dealer.  Picked up a new utility trailer for my SxS.   They had 1 sport SxS in stock and 1 Cat full size wheeler plus a couple of mules.   I figure i paid $1000 too much for my SxS in January but I could make 1500-2k right now if i sold it but I'd pay 2-3k more to replace it than i should.  People are asking on 2018-20 wheelers for more than they paid right now.  

Yep. Thought about listing my RZR. New ones are backordered and used ones bringing a premium. I barely ride it anyway.

10 minutes ago, dz246 said:

Yep. Thought about listing my RZR. New ones are backordered and used ones bringing a premium. I barely ride it anyway.

i want a X3 DS or DS R.  For now  i'll keep riding the 15 i picked up in Jan which has under 900 miles on it.   put some new tires on it and a new steering rack when i broke it.   I paid 12k,  just saw one listed for 15 with almost 3k miles.   Wifes like why don't you jsut buy a new one so you don't have to keep fixing it.  She doesn't understand that breaking shits just part of it and i am not overpaying that much.  I did buy a new trailer after losing half a day riding when the hub exploded and my tire went rolling down the road next to me into a ditch sat morning.    

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i want a X3 DS or DS R.  For now  i'll keep riding the 15 i picked up in Jan which has under 900 miles on it.   put some new tires on it and a new steering rack when i broke it.   I paid 12k,  just saw one listed for 15 with almost 3k miles.   Wifes like why don't you jsut buy a new one so you don't have to keep fixing it.  She doesn't understand that breaking shits just part of it and i am not overpaying that much.  I did buy a new trailer after losing half a day riding when the hub exploded and my tire went rolling down the road next to me into a ditch sat morning.    

Yeah, thats a bad day... :lol: 

6 hours ago, HSR said:

The rig, the 28” tires will likely come off may put them on my 550X2. Hey @Polaris 550 like my boat?

2A71D629-B909-42D6-B29F-E6C5ECF20E56.jpeg

I had just clicked on the pic, and was looking at the boat and stuff, and then saw where you asked if I liked the boat!! LMAO!!

Yes, that's a nice lookin' fishing boat!!!   :bc::bc: 

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Yeah my bud sold his 20 570 sportsman for what be paid last yr with 900 mi then bought a new 850 sportsman and ordered a 2nd new one at the time . Just got the 2nd one and posted the 21 850 with 4xx mi on it for 250 more than he paid otd and it sold in a day . Dealer told him when picking up his new one he had a list of people willing to pay a jump up in line fee if he wanted to wait for another one 

Just stupid right now 

Edited by Ez ryder

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Just stupid right now 

It really is. I was considering a SXS but I'll run 2 quads for a year or so and then if the new market improves I like the new Yamaha 1000 wolverine Rmax2.

Just now, HSR said:

It really is. I was considering a SXS but I'll run 2 quads for a year or so and then if the new market improves I like the new Yamaha 1000 wolverine Rmax2.

I am thinking on dumping the sxs and going back to a quad . I never ride the fucking things in the real cold any way . Si k of being trapped in the hot as fuck dust bowl 

I like the branch protection of the sxs when running old goat trails around clear cuts etc but that's about it . 

Debating trying out a touring/2 up quad  for the longer wheel base even though I will never have any one on the back . I also like the poo sportsman with a 55 inch stance but I like the 50 and under trails to much to fuck my self out of those 

This sounds like the sled market this past winter. 

Dealer was at max price on a Polaris INDY 550. 

He had two of them, both got sold.  

Seller's market. 

10 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I am thinking on dumping the sxs and going back to a quad . I never ride the fucking things in the real cold any way . Si k of being trapped in the hot as fuck dust bowl 

I like the branch protection of the sxs when running old goat trails around clear cuts etc but that's about it . 

Debating trying out a touring/2 up quad  for the longer wheel base even though I will never have any one on the back . I also like the poo sportsman with a 55 inch stance but I like the 50 and under trails to much to fuck my self out of those 

Nice I like that kind of input:bc:. Funny you say that about the 2up /longer quad. I already have a Polaris 550XP X2!! Before that I had a 500ATP. I LOVE the longer wheel base,sooo much more stable and drifting dirt road corners WFO is hilarious,,,,,shorties get twitchy. Years ago me on the front rack of the ATP,,,my buddy driving and an opening day calf moose on back,up a fucking ski hill grade,,, drunk as fuck ,,good times 

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

Nice I like that kind of input:bc:. Funny you say that about the 2up /longer quad. I already have a Polaris 550XP X2!! Before that I had a 500ATP. I LOVE the longer wheel base,sooo much more stable and drifting dirt road corners WFO is hilarious,,,,,shorties get twitchy.

are sportsman X2 570 the same way too ? been looking for that. kinda of wish polaris would make X2 in sunset red color but they only offer it in green color. 

3 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

are sportsman X2 570 the same way too ? been looking for that. kinda of wish polaris would make X2 in sunset red color but they only offer it in green color. 

Have you ridden a 850? Do you need one no . But after some seat time it will be hard to go back to  the 570 . 

6 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

No ,,well sort of ,same extra length 2 up /dump box but I like the XP chassis better. 570/550 not much diff power wise

2 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Not yet, they dont make it in X2 configuration.

I wish they did,,,an 850XP X2 utility version would be awesome

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

I wouldn't give up The General for a quad on a bet.

I get it few of my buds have generals . But I won't even ride with them most of the time and get grounded to the larger trails . I would rather not even ride than get stuck on them all day . In my parts any way all the best trails are 50 inch and under and around clear cuts and old cuts they just can't make it thugh the trees . Now if I have to go to a place that only has the wide open fast dirt trails the generals etc are the only way to go . 

Every one has there fav styles of trail henc the multiple choices in toys .