Fed selling some prime off trail

It's mind blowing what the fed's have in land value. Between Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach, Fl there's a strip of Gulf front and intracoastal white sand land that is probably 10 miles long. What would that be worth on the open market?

Edited by J. Jackson

9 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Good price for sure...although, I'm not sure of the area.  

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

It's mind blowing what the fed's have in land value. Between Pensacola Beach and Navarre Beach, Fl there's a strip of Gulf front and intracoastal white sand land that is probably 10 miles long. What would that be worth on the open market?

MN dept. of Education has followed the fed plan for sure.  Amazing what those fuckers own in real estate.  How does the dept of ed have so much money to buy land...and hold it?  Hmmmmm.....

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

MN dept. of Education has followed the fed plan for sure.  Amazing what those fuckers own in real estate.  How does the dept of ed have so much money to buy land...and hold it?  Hmmmmm.....

The dept of education land was sealed in over a 100 years ago.  I read a story about it once but don't remember the details. Look at a plat map and you'll see school land in the middle of state forests with zero access.  It's all over the place.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It is part of  the old cold War times radar station . Been abandon for decades now . Whole neighborhood of crumbling homes big radar buildings offices ball fields etc . Pretty cool only thing it is used for now is cell towers.  Pretty sure the cell company will but it just to keep access to where they have a tower . Not sure why MI would not want to buy  it or put in a requst to have the fed transfer ownership just to keep as state rec land ? Prob don't want the liability of having to pull the towers and deal with what ever iligal shit the military was dumping on site . Seams  like every old military site has some sort of contamination issue 

34 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

The dept of education land was sealed in over a 100 years ago.  I read a story about it once but don't remember the details. Look at a plat map and you'll see school land in the middle of state forests with zero access.  It's all over the place.  

I remember my father and his bids botching about how much land control the fucking BOE has in MN.  It’s unreal.

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

It is part of  the old cold War times radar station . Been abandon for decades now . Whole neighborhood of crumbling homes big radar buildings offices ball fields etc . Pretty cool only thing it is used for now is cell towers.  Pretty sure the cell company will but it just to keep access to where they have a tower . Not sure why MI would not want to buy  it or put in a requst to have the fed transfer ownership just to keep as state rec land ? Prob don't want the liability of having to pull the towers and deal with what ever iligal shit the military was dumping on site . Seams  like every old military site has some sort of contamination issue 

Probably some neat trick by the state to sell unusable property they won’t issue permits for and then, invoice full tax rate.  MN does this shit too.  “50 acres for sale...cheap!”

Fine print: only 5 acres acres is usable and once a home is built, all will be taxed residential.  Also, Inloce the 2 acre wide and 10 acre deep lots.  :lmao:

I have been watching gsa auctions for yrs . They are deff cool things that go on the block from light houses to drug smuggling go fast boats etc . The most cool shit if from Dea and customs.  

But deff a lot more popular now than a decade ago . Shit went cheep cheep back then . 

2 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

It wouldn’t be worth enough to find out current Afghan operations for a day.

Like Dick Rider said.....................CONTAMINATION. 

There's an air base on Cape Cod, I think it's called Edwards Air base, that the surrounding cancer rate is off the charts. 

Loaded with carcinogenic poisons. Fuck that.

I would NEVAH be near a military property...................poisons are everywhere. 

Our country is so polluted.......it's horrible. 

Polluters should face the DEATH PENALTY. 

50 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

There's an air base on Cape Cod, I think it's called Edwards Air base, that the surrounding cancer rate is off the charts. 

I would NEVAH be near a military property...................poisons are everywhere. 

That's a little harsh when the maglight will get the job done. :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

otis air base

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Highmark said:

"approximately 12 metal communication towers."  

:lmao:  Seems like a easy thing to confirm.  

The outlined aria is mostly timber on a hill really only open open space in in the towers Been trespassing there many times.  I don't see it as trespassing when my grandfather's taxes went to pay for it though lol 

7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

The military munitions factory spots are the worst . 1 in Shoreview back in the early 80s was over 5 mill to clean up when a buds dad was looking in to developing it . And one out west of me was 1/8 the size and it cost the tax  payer like 12 mill to clean up so a guy could buy it for penny's and slap storage condos on . 

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

Had a lot of fun riding around that base back in the day.  There were some years the snow was drifted and deep enough you could ride right over one of those buildings.

Yeah I have video someplace jumping houses out there . When up there we trailer every morning pretty close to there and dump off . Prob never get more than 15 mi from base most days . 

11 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Bid is at $10,000.  @Polaris 550 

Before I would ever buy property, I would do a massive survey on the surrounding area, looking for ANY possible dump sites, chemical sites, contamination of any kind. Even if I had to pay a professional investigator. 

Some real estate people will sell you anything.  :cop: 

12 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Around here, we used to have to bid against various government agencies, the hunters/hunting groups, and environmental groups for land.

We typically couldn't outbid any of the 3. 

Buy the land at 2x value (or more if it is the gov), milk every bit of gov money you can out of it, and try to dump it for what you paid for it. 

I know of over 1000 acres that is for sale (or at least "for sale") that cannot be farmed, and everyone else looks at it like "why the fuck would I want land all I can do is look at?"

The environmental groups would outbid you, milk the gov, then give them the land in the end anyway.

18 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Before I would ever buy property, I would do a massive survey on the surrounding area, looking for ANY possible dump sites, chemical sites, contamination of any kind. Even if I had to pay a professional investigator. 

Some real estate people will sell you anything.  :cop: 

You think your govrnment would screw you like that lol.  But they always say they have my best interst at heart . 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

You think your govrnment would screw you like that lol.  But they always say they have my best interst at heart . 

Government, and a lot of people suck. Usually gets down to MONEY. Always MONEY.