Just look at Kamala backpedaling, what a fucking hack cunt.

4 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I don't know how you deal with that stuff. There was a  lawyer in Mass. who was a big landlord, many buildings, etc. 

When he died, he left no will. Had a brother and sister. 

Guess how much his estate was?   $90,000,000.00 

SO, there is an argument to be made about being a landlord/rentals!!  

It was supposed to all have been sold a few weeks ago, but the buyer ran into some "glitches" with his bank approvals.  The deal is supposedly still on, he's just waiting for final underwriting approval.  If there is a god, I will be out of the landlord business soon.  We have a guy in town who died working into his 80s, and his 2 sons just inherited over 4000 apartments.  I can't even imagine the cash flow, and you can afford to delegate all the headaches.

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

It was supposed to all have been sold a few weeks ago, but the buyer ran into some "glitches" with his bank approvals.  The deal is supposedly still on, he's just waiting for final underwriting approval.  If there is a god, I will be out of the landlord business soon.  We have a guy in town who died working into his 80s, and his 2 sons just inherited over 4000 apartments.  I can't even imagine the cash flow, and you can afford to delegate all the headaches.

I was told, and I believe it, that this guy had a tough boxer who would go to the apartment of anybody who would not pay, and punch them out right there.  The boxer also had a back-up with him, that was as bad as the boxer. 

I don't know if I would want to try that stuff nowadays. Everybody I know has had a horror-show evicting people in court..............times have changed, you could end up in jail or sued nowadays.

My personality is not conducive to renting. I would take it personally that they didn't pay, or even worse if they damaged my property. 

That's why I do the stocks. If I make a few bucks a year, so be it. 

Two people I know sold or are selling their prior rentals............damaged and no-pay. Both had to go to court to collect.......waste of time.  

38 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I was told, and I believe it, that this guy had a tough boxer who would go to the apartment of anybody who would not pay, and punch them out right there.  The boxer also had a back-up with him, that was as bad as the boxer. 

I don't know if I would want to try that stuff nowadays. Everybody I know has had a horror-show evicting people in court..............times have changed, you could end up in jail or sued nowadays.

My personality is not conducive to renting. I would take it personally that they didn't pay, or even worse if they damaged my property. 

That's why I do the stocks. If I make a few bucks a year, so be it. 

Two people I know sold or are selling their prior rentals............damaged and no-pay. Both had to go to court to collect.......waste of time.  

I've done that tough guy approach, no one hit mind you, but get in their face and swear at them.  Amazing how many of them would slink away like the little dirtbags they are.  Couple winters ago, one of the tenants let some homeless guy set up camp in one of our garages.  I see extension cords going out there, pull back a tarp and he's got the whole shebang set up, hot plate, fridge, flat screen, portable heaters, even had a comforter and shams on his fucking bed.   All on my dime.  I kinda went bizzerk on the guy.   Another place had someone living and shitting in the basement.  Granted, this isn't Park Place kind of properties, but they're not that bad.  This winter one dumb black bitch almost burned down one of our 4 families after falling asleep with grease cooking on the stove...135,000 dollar insurance claim.  I mean wtf.  A while ago though I just had an epiphany that it just isn't worth it.  Some asshole with a gun or a knife could end it all.  About when I decided  I was making more money with equities on a computer screen and I could turn it off every day at 4 pm EST.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I've done that tough guy approach, no one hit mind you, but get in their face and swear at them.  Amazing how many of them would slink away like the little dirtbags they are.  Couple winters ago, one of the tenants let some homeless guy set up camp in one of our garages.  I see extension cords going out there, pull back a tarp and he's got the whole shebang set up, hot plate, fridge, flat screen, portable heaters, even had a comforter and shams on his fucking bed.   All on my dime.  I kinda went bizzerk on the guy.   Another place had someone living and shitting in the basement.  Granted, this isn't Park Place kind of properties, but they're not that bad.  This winter one dumb black bitch almost burned down one of our 4 families after falling asleep with grease cooking on the stove...135,000 dollar insurance claim.  I mean wtf.  A while ago though I just had an epiphany that it just isn't worth it.  Some asshole with a gun or a knife could end it all.  About when I decided  I was making more money with equities on a computer screen and I could turn it off every day at 4 pm EST.

Lots liquidating their rentals now.  After this complete debacle of government overreach, nobody in their right mind should think having renters is a good plan anymore when squatting is made easy, and legal, for them by the gubment.

22 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Time to liquidate. Good move. You'll be glad you did. 

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Lots liquidating their rentals now.  After this complete debacle of government overreach, nobody in their right mind should think having renters is a good plan anymore when squatting is made easy, and legal, for them by the gubment.

The legal system is not a landlord's friend. With Biden in, it will probably be, WORSE THAN EVER. 

Edited by Guest

I have one place I rent - I don't advertise for it, I only go with word of mouth recommendations.  The last renters I had were awesome!  A couple of lesbians - I called them my girls!  And no, they were NOT on the "would you hit that" list.... but they ALWAYS paid on time and kept the place looking sharp!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I have one place I rent - I don't advertise for it, I only go with word of mouth recommendations.  The last renters I had were awesome!  A couple of lesbians - I called them my girls!  And no, they were NOT on the "would you hit that" list.... but they ALWAYS paid on time and kept the place looking sharp!

My mother rents an apartment to a 50 year old lesbian.  Best renter ever but can't park straight for the life of her, which is fine there's plenty of room but still. :lol:. Mom keeps the rent low to make sure she doesn't move out.

On 6/8/2021 at 3:44 PM, Mainecat said:

She just met with the Mexican president and she met with the Guatemalan president yesterday.

Working on the root cause not tossing rolls of Charmin.

The Guatemalan president owned her and made her look as dumb as she is smh