So what put Arctic Cat in their current position?

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

There's tons of choices in the new snowmobile market.  He ain't buying any of them either.

Is it ok with you for people to complain about their favorite sports teams or their favorite car companies?  I'm not buying either of those either atm.

Are you still ok with me taking jabs at Polaris and Ski-Doo but not Cat?  That seems rather.... odd.  

Just hoping to clarify who/what's fair game and what isn't, on the internet.  :roflcrying:

Fact:  Textron has done and is doing precisely what many predicted they would do to Arctic Cat.     

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I think the chance to move over to the bike world helped quicken the burn-out.  Cal wasn't racing anymore either.  Wish I'd catch up with him more then once a year or every other year.

The number crunchers in the procurement group really did a number on them too.  We'll save $100 on the cost to manufacture a sled or quad, yet eat $500 in warranty costs when shit is failing, or more if you are a 2012-2013.

How many idler wheels did one replace on the last of the ZR's or the Firecats?  Compare that to a 2010 or 2011 or 2012.

Must have hired people from my employer.

Absolutely, John is such a good guy , always fun to be around positive and upbeat. I've never heard a bad word about the guy. 

Hard to discuss the price of any toy right now.  If you can find one get ready to pay over MSRP in many cases.  A fucking little aluminum fishing boat with a 30HP outboard is $25k.  I should have hung on to the one I sold last fall but would have guessed that the stupid prices people were paying would only get worse.

On 6/2/2021 at 9:43 AM, favoritos said:

Feeding the short shareholder value dug this hole.  It's all about the money. 

It's a sucky deal, but it is how things are done way too often.  Number crunchers can eat up and destroy a brand pretty quickly while they feed the stockholders.

At the end of the day, it's a business like any other.  From an investors standpoint the smart $ has been in PII since 2010.  I'll take a good investment over a shitty product eight days a week.

On 6/2/2021 at 8:56 PM, Deephaven said:

None from Cat.

New sleds today make used sleds tomorrow. 

Arctic Cat makes snowmobiles.  So, yes.  Also Polaris, skidoo, lynx, and Yamaha blue cats.

You guys just love being miserable don't you?  Holy fuck I've never seen people cry so much in my life. 

On 6/2/2021 at 10:01 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Is it ok with you for people to complain about their favorite sports teams or their favorite car companies?  I'm not buying either of those either atm.

Are you still ok with me taking jabs at Polaris and Ski-Doo but not Cat?  That seems rather.... odd.  

Just hoping to clarify who/what's fair game and what isn't, on the internet.  :roflcrying:

Fact:  Textron has done and is doing precisely what many predicted they would do to Arctic Cat.     

Actually I think people who complain about sports teams is retarded too.  Let's complain about a team that you're not on and have done nothing for.  My favorite part of sports is listening to the post game radio broadcast after a loss to hear grown men like yourself losing their shit over a team they're not on and couldn't be a bench warmer on their best day.

Yes complaining about cars is dumb too.  I don't get it.  Pick the best car/sled/whatever for you and be done.  Who cares about everything else?  I guess you just like complaining.  Cool.  Have fun with that.

On 6/5/2021 at 8:40 PM, mnstang said:

Actually I think people who complain about sports teams is retarded too.  Let's complain about a team that you're not on and have done nothing for.  My favorite part of sports is listening to the post game radio broadcast after a loss to hear grown men like yourself losing their shit over a team they're not on and couldn't be a bench warmer on their best day.

Yes complaining about cars is dumb too.  I don't get it.  Pick the best car/sled/whatever for you and be done.  Who cares about everything else?  I guess you just like complaining.  Cool.  Have fun with that.

This all would have had some good credibility except you admitted you listened to sports talk radio.  After that type of confession in public, everybody just looks at you with a blank stare until they can find away to remove themselves from the conversation.

Justin Timberlake Stare GIF - JustinTimberlake Stare CurrentMood - Discover  & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/30/2021 at 9:06 PM, Zambroski said:

1.) Decades of poor leadership unable to see the need to diversify when others clearly saw it being necessary.

2.) A board of directors that is, and was, just plain clearly unable to hire the right leaders.  This ineptness is on a level that is just astounding.

3.) Textron clearly not doing what they said they were going to do.

Gym thinks this guy knows his stuff.  Gym is getting up to speed here.

On 6/1/2021 at 10:08 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

add

in a nutshell, I can't ever recall a time where the Cat faithful have ever been so negative about their brand - it's not just a few of us here, it's on HCS, FB and even ArcticInsider - the most positive pro-Cat platform ever.  when John Sandberg walked away, that should have been the biggest tell of them all.

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/Gone-Exploring-A-Brief-Story-About-Me

Gym thinks you should contemplate buying another brand.

On 6/2/2021 at 8:56 PM, Deephaven said:

None from Cat.

New sleds today make used sleds tomorrow. 

Gym sells his old sleds to family members and friends.

On 6/3/2021 at 8:50 AM, teamgreen02 said:

Get ready for $20k sleds.

Gym was ready.  Gym's wallet will be lighter next winter.  Gym doesn't care though.  Gym still has his 2022 until his 2023 arrives.

Sadly, in the simplest words, you can't spend, $$$$ that you don't have coming in

Management FAILED at putting a contingency plan in effect to stop the hemorrhaging of cash.

Any Business College student knows to slash expenses when the market turns,  to control accounts payable + operating expenses.

Layoffs, reduced operating hours , leaner buying, possibly going fishing 🎣 like they did in early 80's to reorganize + reinvent the company again.

Hemorrhaging cash, quarter after quarter is nuts in business.

Cat first killed their dealers by forcing unsellable inventory on them.  Then they literally just killed them off and lastly they killed off more by decided not to support them with warranty reimbursement.  The problems were deep and wide and Textron is simply old school big business without the agility or talent to move Cat in the right direction and fast enough for customers to care.  They have been bleeding customers since they took over and cannot get out of their own way to do anything meaningful to win them back.  Unless these customers all left and had absolutely terrible experiences trying other brands I doubt even something new and exciting will bring them back to the brand.

I wanted to try a Cataha in 2020 but the product and dealer experience just fell too far short of expectations.  

On 5/30/2021 at 8:53 PM, Doug said:

When Arctic Cat snowmobiles came back into the sport in 1984 they seemed to work their way to a level to stand on their own.  Seems rather shaky right now.  Was it leadership, lose of what the market wanted, lack of new product development or other issues?

I think what's partially killing them is morons like Jim not Gym ramstad not ramstud.   Who wants to buy a sled risking running into Jim's type in public and having them try to start a conversation with you based on owning the same brand sled?  For me as a customer I'd be fucking embarrassed knowing I paid with my own money for a sled of the same brand ramstad owns and the association that goes along with it.   Its bad enough I am on the same sled forum as him, not sure I could handle him thinking were buddies based on our sled brand

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Boonbocker1 said:

I think what's partially killing them is morons like Jim not Gym ramstad not ramstud.   Who wants to buy a sled risking running into Jim's type in public and having them try to start a conversation with you based on owning the same brand sled?  For me as a customer I'd be fucking embarrassed knowing I paid with my own money for a sled of the same brand ramstad owns and the association that goes along with it.   Its bad enough I am on the same sled forum as him, not sure I could handle him thinking were buddies based on our sled brand

At least Tag the guy @ZR6000RR its been quiet for a short bit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1