Ford introduces F-150 Lightning electric pickup with less than $40K sticker price

for someone who drives their truck local should be the perfect vehicle.  More of an issue if you want to tow toys.  Would not work IMO for the average snowmobiler,  no one wants to stop for 30 minutes headed north and south for example from NH to Millinocket for a weekend of riding.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

for someone who drives their truck local should be the perfect vehicle.  More of an issue if you want to tow toys.  Would not work IMO for the average snowmobiler,  no one wants to stop for 30 minutes headed north and south for example from NH to Millinocket for a weekend of riding.  

The range is 300 miles. Towing is not an issue.

Linda the ev engineer is an immigrant.

Edited by Mainecat

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Under $40k after all the tax credits.   :lol:  

The standard-range F-150 Lightning Pro can travel approximately 230 miles on a single charge and, as we found out last week, will cost $39,974 before incentives or tax credits.

What we didn't know was how much of a premium Ford would charge for the extended-range version. This model is capable of about 300 miles on a single charge and will be supplied with a 240 V, 80 A charger (called the Charge Station Pro) that can fill the battery to 100 percent in eight hours. As it turns out, the electric pickup with the bigger battery will go on sale at $49,974 before incentives and tax credits.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

The standard-range F-150 Lightning Pro can travel approximately 230 miles on a single charge and, as we found out last week, will cost $39,974 before incentives or tax credits.

Different models but article I read said it didn't get below $40K until fed and state tax credits were utilized.  Sure they were talking about the upper end versions. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/20/ford-prices-electric-f-150-lightning-pickup-from-40000-to-90000.html

4 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

40k is the padded plastic floor 2wd work truck . Guessing you won't get f storage if they put one of those motors up fr .

But yeah 40k is in line for non fleet price of a work truck 

they are all 4 x 4

2 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

they are all 4 x 4

They come in the 400 hp range for the small battery and over 500hp for the big battery but both have 700 ft pounds of torque.  4 seconds to 60 means it is in the realm of Ram T Rex. The Ford is pretty cool but I think the big three will all have them shortly. Bad news for Tesla I think.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Biden’s goal is to have 500,000 charging stations by 2030.

that helps.

Biden barely knows what day it is let alone ten years from now. This is truly a case where the government should get out of the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

that helps.

Oh great charging stations paid for out of tax payer money, i'm sure they will be cheap too.  To bad he won't be alive to see them.

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Biden barely knows what day it is let alone ten years from now. This is truly a case where the government should get out of the way. 

Really? Biden has people who are qualified to do their jobs therefore he does not need to know every spec.

The gov got the space program launched an well as funded many groundbreaking drugs that have saved lives. 
The US gov. leads.

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Really? Biden has people who are qualified to do their jobs therefore he does not need to know every spec.

The gov got the space program launched an well as funded many groundbreaking drugs that have saved lives. 
The US gov. leads.

Biden is as dementia ridden as you,   

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

that helps.

In what world is it the governments job to invest in charging stations for gas stations and shopping malls around the countery ?

There should not be one fucking cent of tax  money spent on charging stations .  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

In what world is it the governments job to invest in charging stations for gas stations and shopping malls around the countery ?

There should not be one fucking cent of tax  money spent on charging stations .  

Go to state parks in MN... They are already have 4 state parks with chargers, 3 of which are free (paid for by you, me, and millions of others). 

1 minute ago, Dieselgeek said:

Go to state parks in MN... They are already have 4 state parks with chargers, 3 of which are free (paid for by you, me, and millions of others). 

I know total bullshit . Now if they put a non oxi pump next to them and charged say 10 bucks a gal and equal for the charge I could support it as a money making venture . But no let's run it like Amtrack