The Biden Economic Blunder

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You pay what you have to. It’s the old Republican mantra “supply and demand” oh and the greed…yeah.

You would nat have to pay a burger flipper 25 bucks a hr if the govenment wasn't giving them 600 bucks extra on top of there unemployment with free medical and free internet and free cell phones and have a ban on evictions now would you? Can't have a free market with govenment that deep in 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Seems like it's a good time to get rid of the county board and get some people who won't continue to raise taxes.

They have run unapposed for at least 3 terms.

4 hours ago, Highmark said:

People also get too focused on Federal taxes.   People need to take a close look at all taxes then calculate their ETR.   Taxes come in all forms including vehicle registrations and many others.   When travelling for business (when we did) taxes on those costs easily exceeded 20%.

i agree with that in many ways.   seems these days everyone is looking for a handout so the feds keep bailing the states out.  personally i would prefer for less to be done at a fed level and more at a state level but end of the day the fed money spigot isn't going to shut off so we need to push our local politicians to run states better.  While I pay a huge amount of room and meals tax t the state TBH i am OK with that as I am too lazy to plan and cook at home where it's not taxed but people have options.  Same with registration,  you want new things all the time you pay more, willing to keep cars 7-10 years it's overall cheap.  Gives people more control.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i agree with that in many ways.   seems these days everyone is looking for a handout so the feds keep bailing the states out.  personally i would prefer for less to be done at a fed level and more at a state level but end of the day the fed money spigot isn't going to shut off so we need to push our local politicians to run states better.  While I pay a huge amount of room and meals tax t the state TBH i am OK with that as I am too lazy to plan and cook at home where it's not taxed but people have options.  Same with registration,  you want new things all the time you pay more, willing to keep cars 7-10 years it's overall cheap.  Gives people more control.  

I'm not in agreement with things having substantially higher sales tax rates than others.   I get it regarding travel to get out of state individuals to pay but I think its excessive when its in the 20%+ range for plane tickets, hotels and rental cars.

Owning nice vehicles in Iowa is very expensive even if you own them for 7-10 years....well except trucks to save farmers money.   An SUV is the same fee for the first 7 years and is a calculation of weight and list price.   $80K SUV is almost $700 per year.   Over 10 years it will cost you close to $9.5K.  I know pay to play but that's excessive.   

The fact that vehicles purchased outside dealers have sales tax applied is unconstitutional in my book....double taxation on the same goods.  

Edited by Highmark

4 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You pay what you have to. It’s the old Republican mantra “supply and demand” oh and the greed…yeah.

Correct , but the supply has been artificially removed. Im am supposed to compete with my fellow contractors for employees, not with my own gvmt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

I'm not in agreement with things having substantially higher sales tax rates than others.   I get it regarding travel to get out of state individuals to pay but I think its excessive when its in the 20%+ range for plane tickets, hotels and rental cars.

Owning nice vehicles in Iowa is very expensive even if you own them for 7-10 years....well except trucks to save farmers money.   An SUV is the same fee for the first 7 years and is a calculation of weight and list price.   $80K SUV is almost $700 per year.   Over 10 years it will cost you close to $9.5K.  I know pay to play but that's excessive.   

The fact that vehicles purchased outside dealers have sales tax applied is unconstitutional in my book....double taxation on the same goods.  

Mn progressively gets less every yr based on value they put on it over 10 yrs . I ask all the time how I can get my trucks evaluated for value after 2 yrs cuz they sure shit are not worth close to what the state is saying they are worth . Work is hard on shit lol . About the time I get to 35 buck tabs the truck in in the junk yard or sold for parts 

12 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Holy shit ...!

Yep . We are not talking about what all this "free" money is doing to the price of goods . But again it will be fun to see a McKinney roll out of the cash Machine so you can buy a case of Pop and a candy bar  with it 

44 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Mn progressively gets less every yr based on value they put on it over 10 yrs . I ask all the time how I can get my trucks evaluated for value after 2 yrs cuz they sure shit are not worth close to what the state is saying they are worth . Work is hard on shit lol . About the time I get to 35 buck tabs the truck in in the junk yard or sold for parts 

Buy a 1 ton, $120 annually for the first 6 years.

43 minutes ago, Dieselgeek said:

Buy a 1 ton, $120 annually for the first 6 years.

I hate 1 tons I have to get out and piss every 20 min every time I am in one .

I have thought about it many times though . But the cost of fast burning  tread and ectra gas and extra cost of truck don't make up for the tabs for me . Not to mention they suck even worse to work out of . Why in the fuck do we have to keep making trucks higher and higher ? Why is it a 6ft guy needs to put his foot in the mag to prop him self up to grab something out of the bed of a truck . There is zero fuckibg reason for 5ft off the ground bed walls . 

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

I hate 1 tons I have to get out and piss every 20 min every time I am in one .

I have thought about it many times though . But the cost of fast burning  tread and ectra gas and extra cost of truck don't make up for the tabs for me . Not to mention they suck even worse to work out of . Why in the fuck do we have to keep making trucks higher and higher ? Why is it a 6ft guy needs to put his foot in the mag to prop him self up to grab something out of the bed of a truck . There is zero fuckibg reason for 5ft off the ground bed walls . 

Im thinking of going into a utility body for my next work truck, for that reason.

New Chevy one ton same suspension as 3/4 ton.

just has overloads.

Brother in law just purchased one for his business and bought just because of lower tax and tabs!

rides nice!

8 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

The $35 tabs are now up to $52 with fees, just got one in the mail.

On 5/20/2021 at 8:05 AM, XC.Morrison said:

0D912B49-994D-47F0-885A-D58618BF4096.jpeg

How much other people’s money are you entitled to?

On 5/20/2021 at 9:50 AM, Mainecat said:

There’s no labor shortage. There is a pay shortage.

Says the cheap  fuck that never had a union for his BILs employees.