Exciting NEW GREEN products at Country Cat

7 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

Country Cat is bad ass.. I almost 1800 miles away, and I would rather buy parts from them than my local dealer. 
Gets here quicker, Price is fair even with our dollar. The fact they have exploded diagrams available to the public is enough for me to support them. 

That's what I thought about Babbitt's online.  Still waiting on either parts, refund, or hell even a return email or phone call, from 2009.  I sure hope they went out of business.

12 hours ago, Cwhite138 said:

Country Cat is bad ass.. I almost 1800 miles away, and I would rather buy parts from them than my local dealer. 
Gets here quicker, Price is fair even with our dollar. The fact they have exploded diagrams available to the public is enough for me to support them. 

One could make the argument that Cat utilizing Country Cat as (what seems to be at times) their almost exclusive "clearing house" dealer has had a long-term negative effect on Cat's dealer network.

7 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I just drove over there when I need stuff.  Right by most of my inlaws.  No shipping necessary. 

There in-person walk up price is now more expensive then their online price.  

On 5/19/2021 at 7:56 PM, Zambroski said:

$9k for a fucking golf cart.  :lol:

On 5/29/2021 at 10:08 AM, Not greg b said:

Price out a 4 seater can am turbo. They are 30k us 

co-worker just picked up his new $70K+ bass boat and had it out for the first weekend - he caught about 40 fish in four days

I caught 20+ bass out of the old aluminum v-hull we keep at the cottage with a new $1200 Merc 6hp on it in three days

me+math for the win :lol:

his boat is really nice though, makes the bass boat I keep here in town look like a kids toy

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

One could make the argument that Cat utilizing Country Cat as (what seems to be at times) their almost exclusive "clearing house" dealer has had a long-term negative effect on Cat's dealer network.

There in-person walk up price is now more expensive then their online price.  

on the bold - HUGE impact. My dealer is a larger volume dealer (has the cat awards hanging on their wall) and he told me his biggest issue is CC would be selling them for what he has into them and people would expect him to price match and not even cover his freight cost. I love PJ and the crew over there but its definitely hurt the dealer network when it came to unit sales. 

Parts sales are another story. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

co-worker just picked up his new $70K+ bass boat and had it out for the first weekend - he caught about 40 fish in four days

I caught 20+ bass out of the old aluminum v-hull we keep at the cottage with a new $1200 Merc 6hp on it in three days

me+math for the win :lol:

his boat is really nice though, makes the bass boat I keep here in town look like a kids toy

I don’t get that shit it all but, I hate fishing.  My old man has one and ran a pro circuit for years when I was growing up. It never appealed to me.

But, hobbies: a seat for every ass and an ass for every seat!

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t get that shit it all but, I hate fishing.  My old man has one and ran a pro circuit for years when I was growing up. It never appealed to me.

But, hobbies: a seat for every ass and an ass for every seat!

I don't get it either, fishing 🎣 

Not my thing.

My BIL has around $90k wrapped up in his boats and ice castle.

On 6/1/2021 at 7:56 PM, Deephaven said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they already have.  Ride a brute force and then the Cat and you won't buy the one made in TRF

I had a '08 Brute 650 and a '12 Brute 750. I absolutely loved them and the torque from that engine is awesome. The ONLY reason I bought a Can-Am Outlander Max and a Cat Alterra TRV is because Kawasaki doesn't offer a factory two-up. I'm fortunate enough to have a wife that wants to be comfy and ride with me....

8 hours ago, Ziemann said:

I had a '08 Brute 650 and a '12 Brute 750. I absolutely loved them and the torque from that engine is awesome. The ONLY reason I bought a Can-Am Outlander Max and a Cat Alterra TRV is because Kawasaki doesn't offer a factory two-up. I'm fortunate enough to have a wife that wants to be comfy and ride with me....

I remember when the prairie 650 came out I was working at a kawasaki dealer right out of high school and a famer called just enraged that he had just bought a new machine and the belt blew , the boss sent myself and and another tech out - the farmer had it in high range , and was trying to pull a LOADED hay wagon.... we pointed out towing should only be done in low (we damn sure weren't going to tell him how stupid it was to attempt to do what he was doing), changed the belt for him and laughed our asses off the whole way back to the dealership. You cant make that kind of shit up. Those things were monsters bone stock compared to what was out there at the time

On 6/4/2021 at 6:25 AM, fortune46x said:

I remember when the prairie 650 came out I was working at a kawasaki dealer right out of high school and a famer called just enraged that he had just bought a new machine and the belt blew , the boss sent myself and and another tech out - the farmer had it in high range , and was trying to pull a LOADED hay wagon.... we pointed out towing should only be done in low (we damn sure weren't going to tell him how stupid it was to attempt to do what he was doing), changed the belt for him and laughed our asses off the whole way back to the dealership. You cant make that kind of shit up. Those things were monsters bone stock compared to what was out there at the time

That farmer was used to using a manual trans on the farm- especially old Hondas....

At the time I had my Brute 650, I was living with my girlfriend who had a hobby farm. That Brute 650 had plenty of torque to pull anything, as long as it was in low range. 

My favorite was pushing round bales with it down the field. Bump the round bale to get it started rolling, and then just keep pushing and bumping the bale along.... 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 7:30 AM, fortune46x said:

on the bold - HUGE impact. My dealer is a larger volume dealer (has the cat awards hanging on their wall) and he told me his biggest issue is CC would be selling them for what he has into them and people would expect him to price match and not even cover his freight cost. I love PJ and the crew over there but its definitely hurt the dealer network when it came to unit sales. 

Parts sales are another story. 

I have a customer like that. All of them bitch about him. They all have the same opportunity as the big one but none will step up to the plate. All they do is bitch and we did something about it. Cat also did something with county cat to stop it. Their pricing is not that great anymore. It’s crept up the last 6 years or so. Also no knocking country cat as they do run a very good business. They are aggressive and will take a deal when they can get it and make a buck 

• Like 2