bring on the fresh produce

I hope we don't anymore cold weather, last year I jumped the gun and had to go see my local greenhouse for a second planting:wall:

Edited by 01mxz800

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

I hope we don't anymore cold weather, last year I jumped the gun and had to go see my local greenhouse for a second planting:wall:

That was going thru my head the whole time today.

• 2 weeks later...

Beans replanted, cages up and peas coming up nicely, planted leaf lettuce and bunching onions now time to fill the water wagon with bi-weekly miracle grow batch,then back to patio block project

20210530_113456.jpg

20210530_113742.jpg

1622389502479814341890442748941.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

"special plants" are at another location, crop of weeds is area between shop and garden, haven't re-done that section of yard yet........after building shop 15 years ago LOL that area is not a priorty

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

Pickle pack '21 is underway, 18 quarts of dill garlic on 1st run

16266249371873957396585746377600.jpg

I'm over here drooling!! I love pickles 🥒!!

21 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I'm over here drooling!! I love pickles 🥒!!

I make about 72 quarts a year as I kill a jar or 2 a week, wife calls them my cucumber crack, might be a light canning season, wide mouth lids are fucker to find now, going to have to use up my small mouth jars and hopefully I can get some lids, garden is going to produce great this year and will suck if I can't  can much:wall:

7 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

I make about 72 quarts a year as I kill a jar or 2 a week, wife calls them my cucumber crack, might be a light canning season, wide mouth lids are fucker to find now, going to have to use up my small mouth jars and hopefully I can get some lids, garden is going to produce great this year and will suck if I can't  can much:wall:

You try country max?? They usually have a good amount..I think there is one near the corner of 414 and 5&20

6 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

Just got some last week on amazon.  Didja try there?

Some of you can really green thumb!   I’d love that type of skill but, it escapes me…..and so does the feeling of wanting to learn it.  I tried….only to end up mowing over a hot mess of dead plants.  I’m just not a farmer type I guess.  BUT, I absolutely enjoy the freshies from me neighbors and friends!  Had an old bud stop by to welcome me back a couple days ago and brought me a huge back of peppers and some home made relish and salsa.  DELISH!  :bc:

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Some of you can really green thumb!   I’d love that type of skill but, it escapes me…..and so does the feeling of wanting to learn it.  I tried….only to end up mowing over a hot mess of dead plants.  I’m just not a farmer type I guess.  BUT, I absolutely enjoy the freshies from me neighbors and friends!  Had an old bud stop by to welcome me back a couple days ago and brought me a huge back of peppers and some home made relish and salsa.  DELISH!  :bc:

I only started canning about 7 years ago, grew up on a farm so it's still in my blood, goal is to produce enough to can and have a stand and go to local farmers market, and it keeps me out of the wife's hair