stuff you may have forgotten you miss in modern cars and trucks

23 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The seats in my 2006 Silverado are more comfortable than the ones I had in any of my newer trucks but they don’t war as well either. 

The PTU in every GM compact/midsized utility vehicle can be shifted into/out of awd, that I can think of. Cant get the mpgs you need if it’s always in awd. 

The new Silverado seats sack out about 100,000 miles of your ass sitting in it. 

On 5/13/2021 at 10:32 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

remember regular cab short box trucks?

@fortune46x 

my first truck had a starter pedal on the floor

of all the things I've owned and foolishly parted ways with in my lifetime, that was by far my dumbest move to date. 

:bashhead:

giphy.gif

Shitbox pickups are my thing apparently 

12.thumb.jpg.e9a835eef6bcd40318ff6f968fb95702.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/16/2021 at 6:19 PM, Not greg b said:

The new Silverado seats sack out about 100,000 miles of your ass sitting in it. 

If that applies to 2017 Sierra's, my bought new 2017 should be good for another 64,000 miles and around 7  years

24 minutes ago, racerdave said:

If that applies to 2017 Sierra's, my bought new 2017 should be good for another 64,000 miles and around 7  years

My 18 was done about 100,000. Huge difference between the driver seat and the passenger seat. My new truck can’t get here fast enough 

Window for ashing your grits. Even though I’ve never smoked lol. 4wd on the floor not an electric switch that’s almost always fucked uP when you need it. Honestly the best thing about the 2 first gen Cummins I’ve had is the ball cooler vent just in front of the door, ram air right through the inner fender and up your shorts.

7E5FD353-733A-4AC5-BD05-6C073314038E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 9:30 AM, Fireball 440 said:

Floor dimmer switches suck ass driving a stick shift which 1/2 of them are, and no fucking cup holders WTF.  80's-90's shitboxes that I still drive lol.

? I never had a issue with floor dimmers back in the day and my first automatic was a 94 ram and I was like 29 at that point . Even had a few 3 on the tree rape vans mixed in there.  Still wish my trucks had floor dimmer and wing windows . And I really wish my fuckibg ram would move with the door open 

• Gold Member

Someome already mentioned it but Im gonna have to say T-Tops for the win. 

Had a 99 Z28 and a 00 Trans Am and it was my favorite part of those cars. 

Neither leaked either like people always would ask me. 

I did forget to latch one once and it flew off and smashed as I hauled ass down the street 🙃 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Not exactly my favorite type of van

Bad experience with FREE CANDY or did you help a man who seemed nice at first search for his lost puppy?

It's ok, you're amongst friends here, no judging.

: 😂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Bad experience with FREE CANDY or did you help a man who seemed nice at first search for his lost puppy?

It's ok, you're amongst friends here, no judging.

: 😂

I don't like the competition for mine.

• Haha 1

On 5/22/2021 at 6:31 PM, Not greg b said:

My 18 was done about 100,000. Huge difference between the driver seat and the passenger seat. My new truck can’t get here fast enough 

The seats in the GMT 800 and 900 trucks rarely made it out of warranty. My current 2006 must have been owned by a guy with a women’s body because it’s still kicking. My fat ass should finish it off in no time though. 

:lol:My 03 GMT800 with 73K miles on it is still fine. Just wish our cheap ass chief engineer at the time would have spent more money on corrosion protection! 

Edited by Catman800
update

On 6/9/2021 at 5:36 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

The seats in the GMT 800 and 900 trucks rarely made it out of warranty. My current 2006 must have been owned by a guy with a women’s body because it’s still kicking. My fat ass should finish it off in no time though. 

I am little fucker and the seat made it about a year and a 1/2. Looking it vs the passenger side that is never ridden it is pathetic. The transmissions are also shit now too.