Ever ride Tonka?

Personally speaking I don't agree with non DOT approved vehicles being ridden on roadways.  But, if a particular roadway is approved for seasonal usage by its local resident's and the 'law' approves it to connect from one trail to another, then so be it.  Frankly around here from what I can see, most of these recreational vehicles are used by out of town weekend warriors for bar hopping more than anything else.  Sort of like sleds.  🤣

DOT approved, meaning like a motorcycle with approved tires, exhaust, mirrors, lights, indicators.  

48 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Personally speaking I don't agree with non DOT approved vehicles being ridden on roadways.  But, if a particular roadway is approved for seasonal usage by its local resident's and the 'law' approves it to connect from one trail to another, then so be it.  Frankly around here from what I can see, most of these recreational vehicles are used by out of town weekend warriors for bar hopping more than anything else.  Sort of like sleds.  🤣

DOT approved, meaning like a motorcycle with approved tires, exhaust, mirrors, lights, indicators.  

Mound is used by locals.

17 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I didn’t think there was still trail system that lead to the lake. There has to be a ton of rules to use it. 

There doesn't need to be if you can use the road

I did read through the ordinance.  I always have a hard time with some of the mumbo jumbo.  

The language is somewhat creative and confusing.  Permitted vehicles are allowed, but there is no permitting process. 

Unopened streets?  Could be interesting if they get a doozy of a blizzard.

12 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I didn’t think there was still trail system that lead to the lake. There has to be a ton of rules to use it. 

There are multiple trails off the lake . We just got another opened 2 yrs back for a more direct line to the luce. 

No rules just sled trails like any other . We acctualy have a great metro trail system you would never know you were less than 30 min from Minneapolis.  Northwest trails runs 2 tuckers southwest trails fans 2 Tuckers . The luce line is sort of the divider but the lake really is the dividing line just for logistics 

Edited by Ez ryder

23 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

There is a reason people including my self moved to the far out burbs . Leaving home on your sled is one . Going to your dock on your golf cart or sxs another . Other surrounding city's on the lake are going the other direction allowing there people to do what the fuck they want including Wayzata shockingly.  

So tell me when on your sled how do you get gas with out using a street ? There sure shit is not gas trailside in most places I have been . And when you live in a dead end neighborhood who gives a fuck if you take your golf cart to the docks in your neighborhood other than some city twatt who recently moved to the far out burbs and dose not the the way things have been going for decades and decades . 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Anyone actually read the proposal from the link to the ordinance? 

Yes they are attempting to remove wording including golf cart atv and snomobile from the original ordinance.  Henc making it iligal to use them .

Less than a day get all signatures.  

Last time the park board attempted to stop sled use on the trails in the park out here ie close one of the main trails off the lake over 500 people showed and they had zero choice but to toss that pile of shit out .

10 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I ride it ALL the time.  Live on it.  Can't say I like to, but it beats trailering.  Would love someone to translate :P

Again they are attempting to take out wording from current ordinance including snomobile atv golf cat and sxs .

Making it no longer legal to roll from your driveway. 

You a snowblazer or a snomad ? 

Fyi other big news in trails around the hood we were working on tonight is the airstrip in maple plain.  Marvs  brother is developing it . If you know the trail system you know that will mean a trip out around independence just to get to monies/holiday/ Park.