• Yes
    • No
    • Planning to get vaccinated soon
    • Waiting for others to be long term test subjects
    • Will not get the experimental vaccine

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Snake said:

Not to fuck things up, but now I could check 3.. :lol:

Not sure how I thought I removed the multiple choice option when I added the last choice. 

Just now, Highmark said:

Not sure how I thought I removed the multiple choice option when I added the last choice. 

It's a hard thing to poll... :bc:

Too many variables.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

It's a hard thing to poll... :bc:

Too many variables.

True.   People can just choose one option.   The choices pretty much cover it. 

Edited by Highmark

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nailed it.  I don't care if they get it....and they shouldn't care if I do not.  Period.

It’s a simple matter of risk assessment. 

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

Are the early results what you expected?  I'm surprised as many here have gotten for a simple cold :dunno:

Yes.   I expected the vaccination rate to be high.  Even though the board leans pretty significant to the conservative side conservatives are often much more open minded saying get the vaccine if you want and wear a mask if you want.   Lots of members have mentioned in other threads about being vaccinated so its no surprise considering that either.  This poll wasn't intended as a measurement of political ideology....just curious how many have gotten it. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ACE said:

It’s a simple matter of risk assessment. 

It can be but, it's a bit more than that if one wanted to really evaluate the benefits/drawbacks of getting it or any vaccine that is "supposed to help in prevention".

Without question the vaccine appears to be very effective.   I do think they should have been more forthcoming regarding its development and past testing.   Anyone who thinks this vaccine was completely developed in a few months time is extremely naïve.  I'd be much more open to being vaccinated knowing more of its historical development and issues it may have had during past testing.  Fact is its experimental and I've lived my life normally since last July and been around many people who tested positive.   I've rarely worn masks and only did the washing/disinfecting my hands thing for about a month.    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Without question the vaccine appears to be very effective.   I do think they should have been more forthcoming regarding its development and past testing.   Anyone who thinks this vaccine was completely developed in a few months time is extremely naïve.  I'd be much more open to being vaccinated knowing more of its historical development and issues it may have had during past testing.  Fact is its experimental and I've lived my life normally since last July and been around many people who tested positive.   I've rarely worn masks and only did the washing/disinfecting my hands thing for about a month.    

Not sure this made much sense though.  You say it's "very effective" but, haven't gotten it and have lived normally since last July and have been around others who have had it while rarely wearing masks and clearly didn't do much social distancing.

So, this "very effective" must come from the fact that when you inject a poison/anti-body into a body, it tends to kill off viruses?  Personally, I don't see this being anymore effective than the flu shot...because, that's essentially what it is.  I've read no documentation to tell me otherwise...and the things I have read that said it was effective can be disputed heavily.  So, some live by the flu shot...and some don't.  I see this being no different in the future.  In fact, I see the vaccine's being combined....and I still won't get it.  I don't need it.  I am not very susceptible to these types of illnesses.

• Like 1

Nope, not going to get vaccinated for something I already had and could care less if I got again.  I'll take covid over a cold if it's anything like the first time I had it.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Not sure this made much sense though.  You say it's "very effective" but, haven't gotten it and have lived normally since last July and have been around others who have had it while rarely wearing masks and clearly didn't do much social distancing.

So, this "very effective" must come from the fact that when you inject a poison/anti-body into a body, it tends to kill off viruses?  Personally, I don't see this being anymore effective than the flu shot...because, that's essentially what it is.  I've read no documentation to tell me otherwise...and the things I have read that said it was effective can be disputed heavily.  So, some live by the flu shot...and some don't.  I see this being no different in the future.  In fact, I see the vaccine's being combined....and I still won't get it.  I don't need it.  I am not very susceptible to these types of illnesses.

"Appears to be very effective" means we are not hearing many reports of people getting COVID or becoming seriously ill with it after the vaccination.   Of course we can only go off of what the govt reports to us.   That's why I said "appears."

I didn't get it because I don't like the lack of information on its development and testing other than the small very short term trials and I do think we should question this type of vaccines long term effects on us.   

Just now, Highmark said:

"Appears to be very effective" means we are not hearing many reports of people getting COVID or becoming seriously ill with it after the vaccination.   Of course we can only go off of what the govt reports to us.   That's why I said "appears."

I didn't get it because I don't like the lack of information on its development and testing other than the small very short term trials and I do think we should question this type of vaccines long term effects on us.   

:bc:

Testing thresholds for the virus being dropped after Biden’s swearing in was telling as fuck to me...as far as the political standpoint goes.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, gravy davey said:

mnra vaccines have been studied since the 90’s they are not new

Yes but never given to the general public.  There is plenty of documentation on these vaccines after 2003's SARS scare and none of those studies showed promising results.  Yes much could have developed since then and that is the information I think the public deserves to know.    

45 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yes but never given to the general public.  There is plenty of documentation on these vaccines after 2003's SARS scare and none of those studies showed promising results.  Yes much could have developed since then and that is the information I think the public deserves to know.    

well we all have a choice to not take an MRNA one.  I got JnJ

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

well we all have a choice to not take an MRNA one.  I got JnJ

Yep.....glad there is still a choice. :thumbsup:  Should I decide to get vaccinated likely the version I'd want. 

Edited by Highmark