Got sucked in...

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You were thinking....well, I could go and kick kids around the playground or, FACE BOOKEY!!!

I am 100% convinced we are doomed as a society. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

I am 100% convinced we are doomed as a society. 

I have friends that are big time gun guys that vote for politicians supporting gun control because they think it's going to stop violence, "and if you don't use your gun in a crime what do you have to worry about?" I just can't wrap my head around that kind of thinking 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I have friends that are big time gun guys that vote for politicians supporting gun control because they think it's going to stop violence, "and if you don't use your gun in a crime what do you have to worry about?" I just can't wrap my head around that kind of thinking 

It's an emotional reaction for most. They don't like what people do with guns so if they ban the guns the shootings will stop. 

So my response is that how it works with drugs? If you ban guns you only disarm law abiding people. Criminals who use guns like street gangs obtain guns illegally now, what laws are going to stop that? You are basically removing law abiding people's ability to defend themselves while empowering criminals. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's an emotional reaction for most. They don't like what people do with guns so if they ban the guns the shootings will stop. 

So my response is that how it works with drugs? If you ban guns you only disarm law abiding people. Criminals who use guns like street gangs obtain guns illegally now, what laws are going to stop that? You are basically removing law abiding people's ability to defend themselves while empowering criminals. 

I always ask them if gun laws will make the country safer, why don't we come up with common sense murder regulations making it against the law to kill people. The deer in headlights reaction is priceless