'bridging bumps'

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Will be interesting to see how the 136 tipped rail Poo Cross Country does.  It's supposed to ride like a 128 but gives riders that extra bit of rail and track for added traction and bump bridging.  Maybe it works, or maybe it's a great marketing gimmick.  They have been using that setup in the Iron Dog sleds for a while now.

Tipped rails are a gimmick

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Tipped rails are a gimmick

idk man, spent some time on tight trails on my friends Assault the winter before last and was shocked at how well you could turn it.  but since I started the gimmick commentary let's stick with that until they beat Cat at an XC race.  :lol:

On 5/18/2021 at 1:40 PM, mnstang said:

ap_070802042989-0a6c10d5e15347c15d2214571379514d55e2e840.jpg

Piece of cake.  Hit that thing from the right side to the left at 90 mph and do a double backflip over it.

Use a short track sled though to better bridge that bridge.

On 5/19/2021 at 7:40 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

idk man, spent some time on tight trails on my friends Assault the winter before last and was shocked at how well you could turn it.  but since I started the gimmick commentary let's stick with that until they beat Cat at an XC race.  :lol:

They're a gimmick

12 hours ago, Not greg b said:

My super jag has tipped rails. It takes a country mile to turn it around. I don’t think they do much. 

A super jag is not a gimmick sled, they had articulating skids.  Not tipped rails. 

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

A super jag is not a gimmick sled, they had articulating skids.  Not tipped rails. 

Mine has tipped rails. Nothing articulates in it. It’s like the size of an air craft carrier. 

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

Mine has tipped rails. Nothing articulates in it. It’s like the size of an air craft carrier. 

What year is your super jag?

That's badass.  I'd like one.  I think some got a hi-lo transmission.  I'm looking for a rack for my puma 2 up I'll have to look into that fold down one.

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

That's badass.  I'd like one.  I think some got a hi-lo transmission.  I'm looking for a rack for my puma 2 up I'll have to look into that fold down one.

I mine does not have hi/lo. I will find a picture of it. Fucker is mint. Damn mice chewed the hood foam last summer in it. I was really pissed about that 

On 5/23/2021 at 12:18 AM, mnstang said:

That jag is bad ass.  I'd put it to work!!

Works great for hauling the cooler when we go ride around the island ditch banging and local short cuts. It’s also surpriseingly quick for how big it is. It will go 60-65. I put probably 200 miles on it this winter

• Like 1

It was super easy in the old days to convert a skid to tipped rails.  A good tail landing and presto you have tipped rails.

BTW, they wear the heck out of hyfax at the bend. 

Biggest difference I noticed with tipped rails was how a good hooking sled would lift the front without much effort.

Edited by favoritos