'bridging bumps'

11 hours ago, Zambroski said:

They are far from goat paths but 30-60, up and down all day is what they are about.  If you do usually find a stretch that will let you pinch it.....it's so "whooped up" you'd have to be a retard to try it.  

And the limiting speed is never the handling of the sled.  Exactly my point.  I also want traction for down here when I can't be up North.  Riding the trails around the cities is either in exercise in watching a moron come around the corner on the wrong side of the trail, whooped up to hell, super busy, or just boring since it is so metro.  We have some great ditches though, but a short track is completely useless in those.

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

And the limiting speed is never the handling of the sled.  Exactly my point.  I also want traction for down here when I can't be up North.  Riding the trails around the cities is either in exercise in watching a moron come around the corner on the wrong side of the trail, whooped up to hell, super busy, or just boring since it is so metro.  We have some great ditches though, but a short track is completely useless in those.

Spot on. 

On 5/13/2021 at 8:42 AM, Cat45 said:

Yeah it gets rough up there, the trails have definitely gotten tighter over the years. Buy the way, someone else hit your water main at culvers this winter. Watched a snocross wanna bee hit it and go over the bars on an older polaris iq

The snocross wantabe's alway hitting shit and crashing 🤣

1 hour ago, Doug said:

The snocross wantabe's alway hitting shit and crashing 🤣

I don't get this comment.  Who DOESN'T want to be out there as a sled rider with top skills?  Sometimes pushing your limits leads to a crash.  Sometimes it's just chance.  Sometimes it's just plain idiocy overriding one's own ability.

Or wait, look at all those BNG's on those new sleds out there!  Sure looks racey!  Right?  :lol: 

Posers are every fucking where in motorsports....and nowhere more than sledding.  Some are just more talented riders....that's a fact.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don't get this comment.  Who DOESN'T want to be out there as a sled rider with top skills?  Sometimes pushing your limits leads to a crash.  Sometimes it's just chance.  Sometimes it's just plain idiocy overriding one's own ability.

Or wait, look at all those BNG's on those new sleds out there!  Sure looks racey!  Right?  :lol: 

Posers are every fucking where in motorsports....and nowhere more than sledding.  Some are just more talented riders....that's a fact.

For sure, the best ones are guys that buy race sleds or rr type and run 25mph through the bumps and bitch about how rough it is. I've seen kids on old zr and firecats smoke the loud mouthed middle aged guys with the best equipment 

1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

For sure, the best ones are guys that buy race sleds or rr type and run 25mph through the bumps and bitch about how rough it is. I've seen kids on old zr and firecats smoke the loud mouthed middle aged guys with the best equipment 

Yep.  $2500 in fancy shocks that haven't been touched since they left the dealer.  "Sled rides like shit!"

This is why all the RR's get watered down for the guys that just want to look like they are "SX wannabes".  it's a weird breed but, again....Sledding leads the way in posers.  What's funny is, these are the same guys out there "bobbinig" along the trails calling everyone else that scares them "snocross wannabes".  Weirdos.

If you need e-start and are concerned about the warmth of your Klim gear while out there on your "racer replica"....please look behind you frequently, faster, better riders are wanting to pass.  Please?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL fishing is good today.  Must have the right shocks for bait.

56 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

I'm storing mine with no skis now too. That's a valuable 3 square feet not to trip over.

Yeah, I’ve always taken the skis off.  Just less to trip over and much easier to work on and around the sled.

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  $2500 in fancy shocks that haven't been touched since they left the dealer.  "Sled rides like shit!"

This is why all the RR's get watered down for the guys that just want to look like they are "SX wannabes".  it's a weird breed but, again....Sledding leads the way in posers.  What's funny is, these are the same guys out there "bobbinig" along the trails calling everyone else that scares them "snocross wannabes".  Weirdos.

If you need e-start and are concerned about the warmth of your Klim gear while out there on your "racer replica"....please look behind you frequently, faster, better riders are wanting to pass.  Please?

Love my estart and fxr gear!!😁

On 5/14/2021 at 9:17 AM, Zambroski said:

Much truths

On 5/13/2021 at 7:55 PM, Deephaven said:

Yeah all those cross country racers using short track sleds, if only they knew they were useless in a ditch.  They should be on 140+" crossover sleds!  Plus they could BRIDGE BUMPS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Yeah all those cross country racers using short track sleds, if only they knew they were useless in a ditch.  They should be on 140+" crossover sleds!  Plus they could BRIDGE BUMPS

I would be interested to see how big the bridge is. The seat on the sled sled is longer than the so called bridge 

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I would be interested to see how big the bridge is. The seat on the sled sled is longer than the so called bridge 

ap_070802042989-0a6c10d5e15347c15d2214571379514d55e2e840.jpg

20 hours ago, mnstang said:

Will be interesting to see how the 136 tipped rail Poo Cross Country does.  It's supposed to ride like a 128 but gives riders that extra bit of rail and track for added traction and bump bridging.  Maybe it works, or maybe it's a great marketing gimmick.  They have been using that setup in the Iron Dog sleds for a while now.