Do you like coffee?

My niece brought me back some of this stuff when she went to guatemala last year for a school trip. I've been drinking it ever since I absolutely love it. 

And it's got a good story behind it but that's not why I buy it, I buy it because it's fucking good. 

IMG_20210502_105444154.jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
28 minutes ago, Anler said:

My niece brought me back some of this stuff when she went to guatemala last year for a school trip. I've been drinking it ever since I absolutely love it. 

And it's got a good story behind it but that's not why I buy it, I buy it because it's fucking good. 

IMG_20210502_105444154.jpg

Love coffee...where can I buy it? 
Nevermind I see they have a website. 👍🏼

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

I’m gonna be leaving Keurig.  I’ve only just found it “acceptable” but, the coffee just takes like crap anymore.  Gonna go back to grinding my own again. Being a “coffee snob” again just makes sense for something as religious as my morning routine.  

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’m gonna be leaving Keurig.  I’ve only just found it “acceptable” but, the coffee just takes like crap anymore.  Gonna go back to grinding my own again. Being a “coffee snob” again just makes sense for something as religious as my morning routine.  

The best (road) coffee around I get at Circle K. Every cup is ground and brewed individually from beans. I fuckin' love it...

24 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Love coffee...where can I buy it? 
Nevermind I see they have a website. 👍🏼

It smells amazing too

18 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That was one thing about europe, the coffee is amazing there. Then you come back here and you're like "wtf is this crap?"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

That was one thing about europe, the coffee is amazing there. Then you come back here and you're like "wtf is this crap?"

Yep.  Coffee snobbery started there...and flourished!  Chocolate too!  I used to have a French press but, gave it away.   May go back to the grinding and pressing again.  It’s a bit of a chore but, damn....that’s some good shit.  My Keurig shit out on me a while back and I made some old school “cowboy coffee” with what I had around.  It was fucking amazing....that’s when I started to look at these k-cups different again.

Its amazing the swill we can get used to drinking.

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

The best (road) coffee around I get at Circle K. Every cup is ground and brewed individually from beans. I fuckin' love it...

Our local local gas “emporium”, Kwik trip”, has some good stuff too.  I love that place.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  Coffee snobbery started there...and flourished!  Chocolate too!  I used to have a French press but, gave it away.   May go back to the grinding and pressing again.  It’s a bit of a chore but, damn....that’s some good shit.  My Keurig shit out on me a while back and I made some old school “cowboy coffee” with what I had around.  It was ducking amazing....that’s when I started to look at these k-cups different again.

I have a press and a stove top percolator. Those expensive espresso machines is the way to go for all out snobbery. Expensive but damn good. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I have a press and a stove top percolator. Those expensive espresso machines is the way to go for all out snobbery. Expensive but damn good. 

Ima be lookin’ soon!  

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Best coffee on the planet is out of a decrepit old school percolator about 5am at camp.

• Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, Anler said:

It smells amazing too

I love the smell of good coffee...this is what I buy now...tastes great and not pricey at all.

8324475A-BD0B-4A77-B0CD-E002DA10D47F.png.4f310bc79a4187e9627ecd5512401f48.png

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

best coffee I have ever had was the blue mountain coffee in Jamaica. It was so fucking good. Brought back a bunch of beans with me when I left and first sip I was like WTF this tastes nothing like the stuff I had there. :lol: :flush:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Best coffee on the planet is out of a decrepit old school percolator about 5am at camp.

Wife bought me this stove top one for my birthday. It's good but it only makes one small cup at a time. 

IMG_20210502_120715130.thumb.jpg.e037c54808c57402fe3c0384396d48e6.jpg

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

All my gramps ever used . Over the wood stove at the cabin and over tge stove at home . Always a pile of grounds at the bottom of the cup . Got him a Mr coffee back in the 70s he used it once was like here give it to some one else I need my coffee to have texture lol

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

best coffee I have ever had was the blue mountain coffee in Jamaica. It was so fucking good. Brought back a bunch of beans with me when I left and first sip I was like WTF this tastes nothing like the stuff I had there. :lol: :flush:

One of our clients has a charity golf event every year and they have the best coffee there. The smell and taste is just fantastic. I asked one of the waitresses what kind it is and she told me Douwe Egbert's. I bought some and it was NOT the same. Event was cancelled last year so when it resumes I have to dig deeper on that shit. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love the smell of good coffee...this is what I buy now...tastes great and not pricey at all.

8324475A-BD0B-4A77-B0CD-E002DA10D47F.png.4f310bc79a4187e9627ecd5512401f48.png

That’s some damn good coffee at a reasonable price. I fresh grind it and use the pour over method. I occasionally treat myself to some Hula Daddy Red Bourbon Prime. It’s Hula Daddy’s dark roast. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Sounds good 

I’m a snob. I request pour overs atStarbucks usually a Sumatra or a bold. NO FLAVORS. We grind our own and use a Bunn coffeemaker or if it’s one cup a French press.

Starbucks beans are really cheap on eBay now due to Covid so there’s too much supply.

lots of varieties

https://www.ebay.com/itm/383999916912

42.00 for 12 lbs of Starbucks Sunrise blend free shipping.

3.50 lb is crazy cheap

Edited by Mainecat
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

That’s some damn good coffee at a reasonable price. I fresh grind it and use the pour over method. I occasionally treat myself to some Hula Daddy Red Bourbon Prime. It’s Hula Daddy’s dark roast. 

Check it on eBay it’s there

28 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I've had that and its awesome.  Authentic Kona is pretty damn nice too.  I've been buying the 4.49/lb fair trade stuff at Ocean State Job Lot.  Its friggin tasty.  :lol:  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Yea that stuff is trash...

47 minutes ago, Anler said:

Wife bought me this stove top one for my birthday. It's good but it only makes one small cup at a time. 

IMG_20210502_120715130.thumb.jpg.e037c54808c57402fe3c0384396d48e6.jpg

Bet you look like a real fruitcake holding that thing :lol: