Puzzle....New 850 Doo burn down issues are real!

Poncho

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

850 burn down...not good

Perry burn down 850.jpeg

There now, a doo 850 owner is finally happy. Must have been trying to fuse the bulkhead back together.

If you look real close at the pile of scrap, you can see a " happy face".

You,ve got to turn your head, and close one eye, just a wee bit.

Well I have had many trucks , fords , one GM ( which I had to drag kicking and screaming to 600000 km .

all my trucks go till 600000, Fords were good , but had issues , exhaust manifolds , all had cam phaser issues by the end . Box rot , no one likes box rot , but it was bad , the box sides would look good , but were rotted down the sides of the bed under the liner . You could grab the box sides and move them up and down .

So far my ram 1500 has been great , no issues , other than regular, brakes . Had one muffler clamp let go . And 455,000 km already 

9 minutes ago, StevieWonder said:

Well I have had many trucks , fords , one GM ( which I had to drag kicking and screaming to 600000 km .

all my trucks go till 600000, Fords were good , but had issues , exhaust manifolds , all had cam phaser issues by the end . Box rot , no one likes box rot , but it was bad , the box sides would look good , but were rotted down the sides of the bed under the liner . You could grab the box sides and move them up and down .

So far my ram 1500 has been great , no issues , other than regular, brakes . Had one muffler clamp let go . And 455,000 km already 

How many years does it take you to get 600k on? What year was the GM?

GM was a 90 , 350 tbi, three motors , six trannies . 

Depends , usually 6-8 . One thing I have seen not only with trucks but cars that I have  used to cut down mileage in my trucks is , once you get them on the road alot , any weak spots will show right away , than usually they go reall good for a long time . 

Picked up a Taurus wagon years back , guy wanted 1500 , I traded him a microwave , dishwasher , installed both , and moved his oven gas line over a few inches . So this thing owed me nothing , that was great car , I used that thing like a pick up , and my kids would fight over the rear jump seat when I would take them somewhere , I think that had somewhere in 500000 km when I dumped it 

Edited by StevieWonder

33 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Been on 4 strokes for a,while, this new 850 is fn nice. 

Rough ice, 220# driver, full tank of gas, 1/2 mile

850 Top Speed.jpg

Did you buy an 850?  Cool, my old 1200 recall was 120 mph, those Doo dream-o-meters are the worst in the industry.  Usually read about 6 - 7 mph over compared to the gun.  Still good and fast, did you run against another sled.

any ice on Weslemkoon?

Edited by Poncho

On 12/03/2017 at 9:43 AM, Tinker said:

Been on 4 strokes for a,while, this new 850 is fn nice. 

Rough ice, 220# driver, full tank of gas, 1/2 mile

850 Top Speed.jpg

Just back from Gaspé,  buddies 850 hit 108 on his gps, his 800 last year only touched 100.

Doo's speedo are way off to justify all the bs their owners spew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

Just back from Gaspé,  buddies 850 hit 108 on his gps, his 800 last year only touched 100.

X2......and they Doo spew plenty......

Irrelevant data for comparison, unless you have numbers other sleds ran the same day, in the same conditions. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Doo's speedo are way off to justify all the bs their owners spe

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

Irrelevant data for comparison, unless you have numbers other sleds ran the same day, in the same conditions. 

I have the copyrights on that comparison line.......

i agree, it would have been nice if there were other comparable sleds running 127 mph or 205 kph when that sled ran 205.

19 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

850 beat an assault 800 by about a length in 3/4 mile race back to back. Assault driver had 80 plus pounds on the other guy. 

That 850 has had a catastrophic engine failure this year  (crank came apart) and has been eating a belt ever 800kms.

Edit-and it still sounds like he likes it better then his xrs.

20170311_142842.jpg

Edited by Glenn in Caledon

Tons of ice on Weslemkoon, trucks are all over it. The studded 129"  850 TNT  is a demo and I'm more than impressed with it. I've had a 2014 800 eTec Gade for a few w/ends and liked the easy drive ability and easy throttle response compared to the 1200 with ITC. Got out on some crispy but surprisingly good trails I'm the north end of MPSC and the 850 is comfy and fn fast. I'll be pricing one for sure and I swore off 2 strokes years ago. Instant power anywhere, long legs, easy steering with the wider ratio an predictable transfer. So much easier to drive than the 1200 and way faster. I'll try for some comparisons today but it was pulling 115 mph on the lake. Nice buggy and a big surprise. 

• Like 1