Apples M1 processor.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

he's part of the cult he isn't buying no windows laptop.

I finally bought the wife a macbook.  got sick of her destroying windows machines in a few years.  

I have to contend with PC’s at the areas I contract. I don’t want one in my home. 

10 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I have to contend with PC’s at the areas I contract. I don’t want one in my home. 

Why ? My wife has been in the creative fields catalogs photo shoot editing lay out etc etc for decades they have been mac only for ever and she switched over to windows few yrs back and never looked back . 

We've started shipping M1 based Macbook Pros to our newest employees or anyone needing a laptop refresh.  I'm told by one of my guys who has one he loves it.  Fans never run and it doesn't generate nearly the heat of his previous Intel system.

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

We've started shipping M1 based Macbook Pros to our newest employees or anyone needing a laptop refresh.  I'm told by one of my guys who has one he loves it.  Fans never run and it doesn't generate nearly the heat of his previous Intel system.

Is the M1 processor made entirely in house by Apple? 

I pulled the trigger on a pro. Spent the morning processing photos and editing a couple of vids. The hype is real. It flies. This thing is going to boot stomp the pc market. My only complaint is it’s lack of ports. Good stuff. 

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I pulled the trigger on a pro. Spent the morning processing photos and editing a couple of vids. The hype is real. It flies. This thing is going to boot stomp the pc market. My only complaint is it’s lack of ports. Good stuff. 

Not really.  The m1 is slower than the other offerings currently.  Lower ipc than even Intel's 11th Gen which is still on what 14 or 10 nm while the m1 is at 5nm.  It will do well in the video editing and old folks who need simple.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Not really.  The m1 is slower than the other offerings currently.  Lower ipc than even Intel's 11th Gen which is still on what 14 or 10 nm while the m1 is at 5nm.  It will do well in the video editing and old folks who need simple.  

It’s been eating I9’s with more memory. It totally blows away my I7. It’s a damn sweet machine. A massive step up for video. 

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s been eating I9’s with more memory. It totally blows away my I7. It’s a damn sweet machine. A massive step up for video. 

It's a big step for the tech on 5nm it's next model I'm sure will improve it alot.