Things are changing at home

• Platinum Contributing Member

Congrats Glenn.

Enjoy, they grow up fast.

Before you know it they are 28 years old, living in your basement and asking what you are making for dinner.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

Congrats Glenn.

Enjoy, they grow up fast.

Before you know it they are 28 years old, living in your basement and asking what you are making for dinner.

:lol:

We flew our daughter down last week.  At 21, she’s become quite a force.  So much so that I was happy to see her go so she could go boss her friends around and leave us alone.

:lmao:

• Haha 2

Congrats! My biggest accomplishment in life are my 2 children.

My gentle Lab was a huge help when my wife was walking my baby daughter alone on the camp road. He held off an aggressive Shepard until the other dog's owner heard the commotion and came out. Kept himself between the stroller and the other dog until my wife could get further down the road and then ran back to her.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Been to a human food possessing plant ever ? Best get em use to feces and worms and vermin hair early .especially if you ever want them to take a carnival cruise ever 

Carnival Cruises are Petri Dishes for filth and bacteria!!! LMAO!!! 

I wouldn't get on one of those floating sewers without a gun to the back of my head!!   

Do you EVER watch " MONSTERS INSIDE ME " ? The number of people who get parasitic infections is scary. I suggest you watch that show. 

23 minutes ago, MILFMAN said:

Congrats! My biggest accomplishment in life are my 2 children.

My gentle Lab was a huge help when my wife was walking my baby daughter alone on the camp road. He held off an aggressive Shepard until the other dog's owner heard the commotion and came out. Kept himself between the stroller and the other dog until my wife could get further down the road and then ran back to her.

Can I ask you something? 

Why in God's name would you let your wife walk down a CAMP ROAD, ALONE with a baby in a stroller????

First of all you should have been afraid of PEOPLE.

Secondly you should have been afraid of just what happened...........A FUCKING DOG!!! I was hunting up in Carthage about 35 years ago and two dogs came after me near a house. The owner was right there and watched it all go on. I told him I was gonna shoot the dogs and he still didn't do shit. Somehow I managed to get away from them without further attack. Motherfukker. I hate people from MAine. 

Thirdly, a coyote if it smells or sees or hears your baby could attack it. Rare, but it's happened.

Fourthly..........a black bear if it ever smelled the baby or heard it could attack with speed and power that you would not believe. Rare, but it could happen. 

Hey it's your life do as you want, not my call. Just kind of surprised that anybody would let a baby on a camp road. 

Congratulations @Glenn in Caledon ... that's awesome!  Enjoy every minute of it (even when you think it's not so enjoyable), because they sure grow up fast.  It doesn't seem like it was that long ago where we were celebrating our first child too, and now we're a month away from her high school graduation.  Help out where you can, and just stay out of the way when you can't!! LOL  Again, congrats!!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 12:07 PM, Polaris 550 said:

Can I ask you something? 

Why in God's name would you let your wife walk down a CAMP ROAD, ALONE with a baby in a stroller????

First of all you should have been afraid of PEOPLE.

Secondly you should have been afraid of just what happened...........A FUCKING DOG!!! I was hunting up in Carthage about 35 years ago and two dogs came after me near a house. The owner was right there and watched it all go on. I told him I was gonna shoot the dogs and he still didn't do shit. Somehow I managed to get away from them without further attack. Motherfukker. I hate people from MAine. 

Thirdly, a coyote if it smells or sees or hears your baby could attack it. Rare, but it's happened.

Fourthly..........a black bear if it ever smelled the baby or heard it could attack with speed and power that you would not believe. Rare, but it could happen. 

Hey it's your life do as you want, not my call. Just kind of surprised that anybody would let a baby on a camp road. 

We don't live in fear. She has been alone on that road since she was a little girl. 

We both grew up in Northern Maine. I have seen very few bears in the wild, and the ones I have were startled and ran away. 

If I told her she wasn't allowed to leave the camp yard without me, she would throw a rock at my head....Besides, I was in southern Maine at home working.

• Gold Member
On 4/25/2021 at 8:19 PM, Zambroski said:

There’s a reason I don’t congratulate new births.  Not being ugly, but....IMO, it’s a tough couple of years with fleeting moments of levity.  Full disclosure: wife and I aren’t “kid people”.

:lol:  I am with ya on this.  Congrats to the OP!!  If you are a farmer I understand why you would have kids.  Free labor!!  I know all about it!!  Wife and I decided on our first date that we are DINKS!

nokids.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MILFMAN said:

We don't live in fear. She has been alone on that road since she was a little girl. 

We both grew up in Northern Maine. I have seen very few bears in the wild, and the ones I have were startled and ran away. 

If I told her she wasn't allowed to leave the camp yard without me, she would throw a rock at my head....Besides, I was in southern Maine at home working.

I do not live in fear, but I do live a CAUTIOUS life. 

A human is supposed to live CAUTIOUSLY. 

I'm just trying to advise you on how to live. 

Remember, if and when something happens......................IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line, it's your life, you call the shots. 

Kids get shredded by dogs every day. Some get killed. 

1 hour ago, MILFMAN said:

In my opinion, a woman who would walk a camp road in Maine, with a baby is an unfit mother. It shows lack of normal care and caution for the baby. 

If I had a woman who would throw a rock at me for telling her not to do that, she would be in Probate and Family Court so fast her head would spin.

One dog-bite to a baby's face will scar that kid for life. No amount of plastic surgery would be able to correct it.  

Dogs usually attack a baby's FACE!!!!!  

• Gold Member
59 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

In my opinion, a woman who would walk a camp road in Maine, with a baby is an unfit mother. It shows lack of normal care and caution for the baby. 

If I had a woman who would throw a rock at me for telling her not to do that, she would be in Probate and Family Court so fast her head would spin.

One dog-bite to a baby's face will scar that kid for life. No amount of plastic surgery would be able to correct it.  

Nah, you don't live in fear. :lol:

• Thanks 2

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Yes, way to dangerous and scary out there for a women taking a stroll with the kid on a quiet back road. Better to get the old ball and chain on her and keep her confined to the basement for safety sake of course.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Yes, way to dangerous and scary out there for a women taking a stroll with the kid on a quiet back road. Better to get the old ball and chain on her and keep her confined to the basement for safety sake of course.

Well, yeeeeah!! 

• Gold Member
46 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

chances of being killed by a bear are way less than being killed on your drive to work or getting hit by lightning.  

He’s got more chance of being killed walking the streets of Manchester than anyone has of being killed by a freakin bear.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 4/29/2021 at 6:25 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

Nah, you don't live in fear. :lol:

He is the site pussy. Scared of everything, dogs, black people, women. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have black bears around here constantly past 50 yrs i’ve been alive. So much so, my son had nightmares alot as a young kid as he was only one at his bus stop and would sometimes encounter them on his way to or back.  Acknowledge them, don’t walk towards them, and slowly move away. As you should with all animals. They usually will move off into woods to be left alone. Unless with cubs, then they won’t and you need to pay particular attention.

Just like being next to cops, don’t make any sudden dumb movements. :) 

• Gold Member
22 minutes ago, CFM said:

I have black bears around here constantly past 50 yrs i’ve been alive. So much so, my son had nightmares alot as a young kid as he was only one at his bus stop and would sometimes encounter them on his way to or back.  Acknowledge them, don’t walk towards them, and slowly move away. As you should with all animals. They usually will move off into woods to be left alone. Unless with cubs, then they won’t and you need to pay particular attention.

Just like being next to cops, don’t make any sudden dumb movements. :) 

Growing up we weren’t allowed off the bus twice because black bears were seen in the neighborhood. We had to have our parents come get us at school.

• Like 1