Again the flu is just gone

2 hours ago, jtssrx said:

If you believe this you’re an idiot 

Some of the experts I have been listening to say the flu is there it just isn't being widely spread.  With more people social distancing, not traveling, avoiding crowded areas, it just hasn't had a chance to spread.  Many are predicting next year will be a bad flu season since so many will not have been exposed to those new flu strains.  This also makes it hard for them to predict which flu strains to target with next year's flu vaccine.

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Thats because everyone was wearing a mask...

How long before Fauci is telling us we all need to wear masks during flu season?  Democrats would certainly embrace that.

I have 3 family members in the medical field.  My wife is an NP. The numbers are what they are simply because they don't test for it. If someone comes in with flu symptoms, they test for covid and that's it. No real conspiracy or anything, you just don't find what you don't look for.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

Some of the experts I have been listening to say the flu is there it just isn't being widely spread.  With more people social distancing, not traveling, avoiding crowded areas, it just hasn't had a chance to spread.  Many are predicting next year will be a bad flu season since so many will not have been exposed to those new flu strains.  This also makes it hard for them to predict which flu strains to target with next year's flu vaccine.

How long before Fauci is telling us we all need to wear masks during flu season?  Democrats would certainly embrace that.

Isn’t that how COVID spreads? You know, real similar to how the flu spreads? 

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

How long before Fauci is telling us we all need to wear masks during flu season?  Democrats would certainly embrace that

Why? I don't understand how any political party has anything to gain with mask mandates. Don't give me the "they just want you to comply" BS.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 hours ago, jtssrx said:

If you believe this you’re an idiot 

Part of the issue is both have the same symptoms and if you have them virtually 100% are given only a COVID test.   If that is negative you likely are simply told you must have the flu so no need to get tested.   Question is why are those symptomatic people with negative COVID test not being accounted for in some manner in the influenza numbers?   Historically the CDC influenza numbers are calculated using a model which uses multiple factors including positive tests.  

One of my daughters friends got both Covid and the flu at the same time a couple of months back. She was to lazy to get a flu shot (she said that, no inference from me about anti-vax), and managed to get exposed to both. She is a middle school teacher. Was pretty sick, out for a month or so. 

It happens, but I think it is rare. 

I think the masks and distancing did help with the flu. One thing they have been telling us all along is that Covid is more contagious than the flu, by quite a bit. That actually would explain very low flu numbers. 

In most of Asia (China, Japan, other countries) people in cities have been wearing a mask if they are sick for years. In their culture, it is considered a common courtesy to wear one to protect others if you are sick. I have seen it on the trains there multiple times. Was strange at first, but made more sense once someone explained it to me. This is in cities like Tokyo, Kyoto, Shanghai, Chengdu (China). 

My friend owns a local supermarket, basically a 7 day a week 24 hour a day operation, he said this is the first year flu never went through his store along with colds, stomach bugs,and other usual virus's were way down. Prior to the pandemic he had hand sanitizer at every register and throughout the store as well as sanitizer towels to clean cart handles, and a sign that states " our clean store starts here" he credits masks for the reduction.

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Part of the issue is both have the same symptoms and if you have them virtually 100% are given only a COVID test.   If that is negative you likely are simply told you must have the flu so no need to get tested.   Question is why are those symptomatic people with negative COVID test not being accounted for in some manner in the influenza numbers?   Historically the CDC influenza numbers are calculated using a model which uses multiple factors including positive tests.  

Because it doesn’t fit the covid narrative 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Because it doesn’t fit the covid narrative 

Oh for sure.   Have you seen ANYONE from govt including the CDC explain this?   Nope. 

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Oh for sure.   Have you seen ANYONE from govt including the CDC explain this?   Nope. 

Just talked to my neighbor. He’s in his 40’s perfectly healthy. Tells me he’s getting vaccinated. These people have been brainwashed. 

On 4/22/2021 at 6:10 PM, ckf said:

Why? I don't understand how any political party has anything to gain with mask mandates. Don't give me the "they just want you to comply" BS.

You are still upset about my comment a couple weeks ago aren't you?  :lol:

If there was nothing to gain politically, fully vaccinated Joe Biden wouldn't be the only one double masking while on a Zoom call with other world leaders.

On 4/22/2021 at 2:43 PM, Zambroski said:

Covid cured a lot of things that killed people....by being given the credit of killing those same people.  NEATO!

Are you scared yet!?!?!?!?  We need to pump up those numbers!!!!

Those are rookie numbers. You gotta pump those numbers up! - GIF on Imgur

in some counterys people were still dropping from cancer and aids and the flu etc etc . 

On 4/22/2021 at 5:32 PM, Doorider said:

I have 3 family members in the medical field.  My wife is an NP. The numbers are what they are simply because they don't test for it. If someone comes in with flu symptoms, they test for covid and that's it. No real conspiracy or anything, you just don't find what you don't look for.  

What are they telling you about cause of death on the certificates even if there were  zero covid symptoms .

On 4/23/2021 at 10:35 AM, jtssrx said:

Just talked to my neighbor. He’s in his 40’s perfectly healthy. Tells me he’s getting vaccinated. These people have been brainwashed. 

I guess I fit in that group. I got jabbed recently as have many of my friends that fit that profile have and are also “right wing”. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crowder said:

I guess I fit in that group. I got jabbed recently as have many of my friends that fit that profile have and are also “right wing”. 

Why would a healthy person get vaccinated for a virus with a 99.98 survival rate???

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Here is a dumbfuck that reminds me of JT...

The tracking device thing is a bs distraction. You don’t need to talk about bs like that just tell Truth about these shit vaccines. They don’t give you immunity, they aren’t fda approved, there are zero Animal trials, the mrna vaccines have never had a successful animal trial, people are dying from these vaccines. 

but hey lineup to Be a test dummy

19 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

Why would a healthy person get vaccinated for a virus with a 99.98 survival rate???

Why would I argue with a stupid question. Personally I know a bunch of healthy people that were sicker than a dog with Covid. One co-worker died. It came down to how many do I know sick with Covid vs a vaccine. Don’t know anyone that had vaccine problems so it was a no brainer for me. It’s a personal choice. I’ve got no issue with those who choose not to. I know you wear the tinfoil hat but the needle doesn’t scare me. The only stupidity is anyone judging someone who decided to take the jab. 

Edited by Crowder
  • Like 3