Fuel for the fire...

On 5/4/2021 at 8:18 AM, fortune46x said:

Go on.....

I have a new sled potentially on order ... if they produce enough lol. 

I thought they ran out of ZR200's?

17 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I want to f7 swap an f7

How about swapping one into the B-last?  Alex is a fab guy, let's round up the pieces and drop them off in Iowa.

37 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I thought they ran out of ZR200's?

How about swapping one into the B-last?  Alex is a fab guy, let's round up the pieces and drop them off in Iowa.

Can I use the blast motor in my jag? 

On 5/7/2021 at 2:27 PM, Not greg b said:

Now we’re talking. Ram rod would not approve 

don't be silly, everyone uses an Arctic Cat ice auger where Ramstad lives... and 

an Arctic Cat waffle maker

an Arctic Cat cell phone

an Arctic Cat bed sheet set

an Arctic Cat coffee mug

an Arctic Cat mail box

an Arctic Cat toaster

an Arctic Cat washer and dryer

an Arctic Cat television

and an Arctic Cat toilet

it all Arctic Cat all the time, Arctic Cat, Arctic Cat, Arctic Cat...

On 5/8/2021 at 7:09 PM, fortune46x said:

drop em off , I need a project that isnt another old truck or a damn 800 cat i suppose grom season is here.

isn't it hog breeding and corn planting season down there?

did the NoCoast CornChoppers venture not work out?  Cornfused

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't be silly, everyone uses an Arctic Cat ice auger where Ramstad lives... and 

an Arctic Cat waffle maker

an Arctic Cat cell phone

an Arctic Cat bed sheet set

an Arctic Cat coffee mug

an Arctic Cat mail box

an Arctic Cat toaster

an Arctic Cat washer and dryer

an Arctic Cat television

and an Arctic Cat toilet

it all Arctic Cat all the time, Arctic Cat, Arctic Cat, Arctic Cat...

isn't it hog breeding and corn planting season down there?

did the NoCoast CornChoppers venture not work out?  Cornfused

Corn and beans are in , now its drag/sprint/custom car season down here, and in case I didnt feel like punishing myself enough - I decided to expand the business so that'll be fun. 

2 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Corn and beans are in , now its drag/sprint/custom car season down here, and in case I didnt feel like punishing myself enough - I decided to expand the business so that'll be fun. 

Good for you on expanding the business.  I'm helping out with interviews for some positions and you can see where the mechanical skill leave continues to decline.  The old saying if you broke it you fixed it is now replaced by if you broke it I'll buy you a new one.

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Good for you on expanding the business.  I'm helping out with interviews for some positions and you can see where the mechanical skill leave continues to decline.  The old saying if you broke it you fixed it is now replaced by if you broke it I'll buy you a new one.

no kidding right , Bringing on a 400T injection mold press and for the first 6 months while we make the transition into it I am planning on running it myself (on top of my current workload) then trying to hire someone to do it , thankfully our governor is ending the federal supplemental unemployment benefits so that should help. 

There is so many kids that cant understand a simple righty tightly lefty loosie concept its sad, it makes me wonder in the next 10 years where you're going to find the skilled trades to keep America running. 

6 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

no kidding right , Bringing on a 400T injection mold press and for the first 6 months while we make the transition into it I am planning on running it myself (on top of my current workload) then trying to hire someone to do it , thankfully our governor is ending the federal supplemental unemployment benefits so that should help. 

There is so many kids that cant understand a simple righty tightly lefty loosie concept its sad, it makes me wonder in the next 10 years where you're going to find the skilled trades to keep America running. 

On the resumes I look at I go right past the education normally unless I see a technical school mixed in.  Look to see if they have any shop experience I want to see if they got their hands dirty.  If I see worked on the family farm they are normally the better candidates.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

On the resumes I look at I go right past the education normally unless I see a technical school mixed in.  Look to see if they have any shop experience I want to see if they got their hands dirty.  If I see worked on the family farm they are normally the better candidates.

for sure , to me degrees mean nothing - its practical application , bonus points if you know they are a vehicle nut (even the ricers have more skills then most out there sadly). I have met alot of stupid people with degrees that its surprising they made it out of the house that morning. 

30 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

for sure , to me degrees mean nothing - its practical application , bonus points if you know they are a vehicle nut (even the ricers have more skills then most out there sadly). I have met alot of stupid people with degrees that its surprising they made it out of the house that morning. 

Last week I interviewed one of the most educated candidates in a long time with "welding" experience.  He did not know what a contact tip was.  The position was for a robot weld cell programmer.

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2021 at 2:50 PM, Doug said:

Last week I interviewed one of the most educated candidates in a long time with "welding" experience.  He did not know what a contact tip was.  The position was for a robot weld cell programmer.

Good lord 

On 5/11/2021 at 2:50 PM, Doug said:

Good lord. I know multiple restaurant managers and they can’t get enough staffs to staff full shifts

On 5/10/2021 at 9:12 PM, Not greg b said:

“Have them call the factory. My dealer always has parts in stock”

every other dealer 

F725E06D-779F-4784-BA78-471679467682.jpeg

For Sale:  2019 Arctic Cat ZR8000RR......

just saying

On 5/11/2021 at 7:19 AM, fortune46x said:

20210226220455_1024x1024.jpg?v=161686010

On 5/11/2021 at 2:13 PM, fortune46x said:

have you had a sit down interview with a technician in the past decade?  the talent pool is getting shallower every day.  we've created an entire generation of people that have (for the most part) no interest or desire to 'fix things' (a vague term).  as I see it, this country is in big trouble, and the good techs, machinists and fabricators out there at some point will be able to demand similar wages to plumbers and electricians whose jobs haven't technically changed since Edison/Tesla or shit running downhill.  modern tech's are vastly underpaid, and if not for decades of wage suppression by the industries that utilize them, maybe there wouldn't be a shortage of qualified ones out there.  the average tech these days has around $40K invested in tools alone, where the plumber and electrician have a canvas bag full of junk that isn't work most techs 1/4" drive socket set.

I have more...