Fuel for the fire...

Just another shit post... Cat has no application to join its race program for 2021-22 .... Then again I have yet to see the Polaris one for the matter but knowing they built a dedicated xc model and cat didnt even have its listed for 2022 ... is this the writing on the wall ? 

Man ... I hope Cat (Textron) figures this shit out.  As much as I enjoy busting on the green eyed homers I sure as hell don't wanna see this sport turn into a 2-man show with BRP and Polaris (oh, and Taiga or whatever the hell that electric sled is).  I wish Textron would just sell off the sled division to whoever ... ideally Kawasaki or Yamaha or someone who gives a shit about their product!

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

After 18 years cat redesigned their atv. They have a new 600 they released today. It was way more than a plastic change unlike 2014 

They forgot to do something about how ugly it is. :(

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

Man ... I hope Cat (Textron) figures this shit out.  As much as I enjoy busting on the green eyed homers I sure as hell don't wanna see this sport turn into a 2-man show with BRP and Polaris (oh, and Taiga or whatever the hell that electric sled is).  I wish Textron would just sell off the sled division to whoever ... ideally Kawasaki or Yamaha or someone who gives a shit about their product!

Couldn't agree more.  Would love another green sled.  Brand loyal idiocy however I have zero love for.

3 hours ago, Not greg b said:

After 18 years cat redesigned their atv. They have a new 600 they released today. It was way more than a plastic change unlike 2014 

Cat has plagued itself with historically poor leadership.  The dip before Mr. Home Depot refused to see the future market in wheeled vehicles and that slid to the wayside.  BRILLIANT!  Nothing like quitting while you are so far behind already.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

They forgot to do something about how ugly it is. :(

Couldn't agree more.  Would love another green sled.  Brand loyal idiocy however I have zero love for.

Nothing at all wrong with brand loyalty.  If a brand is good to you and stays there...keep on buying it.  Always best to compare a bit first though.  That's why some people still swear by the "sit down" sleds.   i also notice Polaris people seem to do the most complaining about this brand loyalty....mostly to Cat owners that don't want to buy Polaris garbage with a fancied up color screens and shit shocks with cool graphics!  :lol2:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

Kawi please.  Yamaha has shown me zero on how much they want to stay in the biz.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Cat has plagued itself with historically poor leadership.  The dip before Mr. Home Depot refused to see the future market in wheeled vehicles and that slid to the wayside.  BRILLIANT!  Nothing like quitting while you are so far behind already.

Nothing at all wrong with brand loyalty.  If a brand is good to you and stays there...keep on buying it.  Always best to compare a bit first though.  That's why some people still swear by the "sit down" sleds.   i also notice Polaris people seem to do the most complaining about this brand loyalty....mostly to Cat owners that don't want to buy Polaris garbage with a fancied up color screens and shit shocks with cool graphics!  :lol2:

The need to jump into the 2010s and offer a twin cylinder quad. As much as hate brp their twin cylinder quads run really well. 

13 hours ago, fortune46x said:

Just another shit post... Cat has no application to join its race program for 2021-22 .... Then again I have yet to see the Polaris one for the matter but knowing they built a dedicated xc model and cat didnt even have its listed for 2022 ... is this the writing on the wall ? 

as much as I enjoy shitting on Textron... here's the 2021/2022 application for Cross Country, SX, hill climbs, Ramstading....

https://corpowersports.com/assets/pdf_files/2021-2022 Team Arctic.pdf

based on their 2021 SX season and the sleds their competitors had, who would apply?

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

https://arcticcat.txtsv.com/atv/new-alterra-600

so they bring out a new ATV model for their 60th anniversary...?

winning :lol:

• Like 1

did being in Facebook jail make you lose your ability to google shit @fortune46x?  maybe you're eligible for some free government program...:lol2:
https://corpowersports.com/assets/pdf_files/21-22 U.S. Polaris Race Application.pdf

https://corpowersports.com/assets/pdf_files/Ski-Doo 2022 Race Application.pdf

is Cor that much more advanced than ISOC?  https://corpowersports.com/raceforms/

google man... GOOGLE!!!

google.gif

13 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

did being in Facebook jail make you lose your ability to google shit @fortune46x?  maybe you're eligible for some free government program...:lol2:
https://corpowersports.com/assets/pdf_files/21-22 U.S. Polaris Race Application.pdf

is Cor that much more advanced than ISOC?  https://corpowersports.com/raceforms/

google man... GOOGLE!!!

google.gif

He does not give a shit as long as the rider is painted orange 

• Haha 1

Brand loyalty is f'ing dumb ... sorry.  I just don't get it, at all.  DEALER loyalty?  Sure - but even then if a product becomes shitty (or like Cat, just kinda stale), why the fuck would a person feel obligated to keep spending money (a LOT of money) when there are other options out there.

I've done the Ford/Chevy/GMC thing too with swapping back and forth the past 20 years and it really boils down to the dealer and convenience (well, price too) as the deciding factor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Brand loyalty is f'ing dumb ... sorry.  I just don't get it, at all.  DEALER loyalty?  Sure - but even then if a product becomes shitty (or like Cat, just kinda stale), why the fuck would a person feel obligated to keep spending money (a LOT of money) when there are other options out there.

I've done the Ford/Chevy/GMC thing too with swapping back and forth the past 20 years and it really boils down to the dealer and convenience (well, price too) as the deciding factor.

Or, why the fuck are others so concerned with how other people spend their hard earned money when they are happy?  With snowmobiles I'm about as brand loyal as you can be, the passion runs deep and there's no way around it.  To me that passion only adds to the whole snowmobiling hobby, any other way would be a step down to me.

I'm not hurting anyone and arguably getting more enjoyment out of this than others, anyone that has a problem with that can fuck right off because I don't care about what others do or think, or what sleds they want or ride.  What the fuck is wrong with you all where you care so much about exactly how others are interacting with this hobby?  I could tell you exactly why I like what I do but I don't owe you control freaks any justification.

I could sit here and argue why your sled purchase hinging on what dealer you have is not relevant at all to me and is nowhere on my criteria when deciding what I want to own.. but I realize other people might be different than me.  Maybe start with that.

• Thanks 1

^^^^^

Hit the nail on the head!!

Every time I build something--weather its a sled, racecar, hot rod, or even my new shop, everybody wants to tell me how to do it!

Everybody seems to want you to do, or have what they want or have!

• Thanks 2

Apparently I struck a nerve ... oops.  I feel like you might be taking the whole brand loyalty thing out of context @mnstang  I really DON'T care where you spend your money.  You don't go off talking about the superiority of your brand like some others do & throwing stones while living in a glass house.  I'm of the opinion they're all colossal piles of shit, because there WILL be problems at some point ... and these things are overpriced to boot.  For every Bigfuse and Brock, there's a Ramstad and DooTalk homer telling me/you that you're riding the wrong brand because it's a POS.

I say it in a ball busting manner ... you know, having beers and giving shit to a buddy.  Some of these guys are dead serious in what they're saying - and that, to me, is just stupid.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:37 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

google man... GOOGLE!!!

google.gif

Well shit ... lol usually isr has them on their page

On 4/22/2021 at 9:52 PM, Not greg b said:

He does not give a shit as long as the rider is painted orange 

not so much anymore , I got the helmet rule reversed yesterday. 

On 4/23/2021 at 7:55 AM, Bontz said:

Oh shut up bontz./... you know youre the first one to love cat when it comes to.... The F7

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 9:23 AM, mnstang said:

Or, why the fuck are others so concerned with how other people spend their hard earned money when they are happy?  With snowmobiles I'm about as brand loyal as you can be, the passion runs deep and there's no way around it.  To me that passion only adds to the whole snowmobiling hobby, any other way would be a step down to me.

I'm not hurting anyone and arguably getting more enjoyment out of this than others, anyone that has a problem with that can fuck right off because I don't care about what others do or think, or what sleds they want or ride.  What the fuck is wrong with you all where you care so much about exactly how others are interacting with this hobby?  I could tell you exactly why I like what I do but I don't owe you control freaks any justification.

I could sit here and argue why your sled purchase hinging on what dealer you have is not relevant at all to me and is nowhere on my criteria when deciding what I want to own.. but I realize other people might be different than me.  Maybe start with that.

Part of the fun is busting balls on the other guys pile of 16k  shit 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1