Snowmobile depression survival thread

I got a pile of parts in the mail for the new trail sled right before we left to go camping last night. Can’t wait to spend some quality time on the sleds next week while I’m on vacation from work. 

Nice SLED SOLUTIONS add-ons, Nick :thumbsup:

I'm a bit more anxious about my snowcheck this year, more so than any other year.  In addition to the COVID crap ... it sounds like shock problems again, as well as the computer stuff ... my "little guy" dealer sold out to a larger scale dealership.  So I'll be taking delivery from a new place that I've kind of avoided for the most part.  The good news is, my former dealer's lead mechanic is going to the new place so at least I'll have him as a familiar face.  With my oldest kid heading off to college, and helping out with tuition, I hope this XCR exceeds all expectations and I can keep it for a few years vs. the every or every-other-year purchase.  And of course there's also the need for SNOW!  Hoping we all can get a good season for 2021-2022.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Nice SLED SOLUTIONS add-ons, Nick :thumbsup:

I'm a bit more anxious about my snowcheck this year, more so than any other year.  In addition to the COVID crap ... it sounds like shock problems again, as well as the computer stuff ... my "little guy" dealer sold out to a larger scale dealership.  So I'll be taking delivery from a new place that I've kind of avoided for the most part.  The good news is, my former dealer's lead mechanic is going to the new place so at least I'll have him as a familiar face.  With my oldest kid heading off to college, and helping out with tuition, I hope this XCR exceeds all expectations and I can keep it for a few years vs. the every or every-other-year purchase.  And of course there's also the need for SNOW!  Hoping we all can get a good season for 2021-2022.

Paul was the hook up, that’s for sure. Can’t wait to get my new SS quick loc handlebar bag system installed on this sled and my RMK so I can swap my handlebar bags between both sleds with simple cam locks just like the tunnel bag on my RMK. :thumbsup:

I only rode 1-1/2 times last winter. Sorriest winter on record for me. 

Sled's looking good for a Poo.....LOL  Just kidding.   Hopefully we'll get more snow than last year.  My sled is ready for the season except getting the front shocks refreshed.  Headed up to LBL this weekend to swap out tracks on Bobby's sled, skid is already out.  A few more things to go on that and than on to the 99 F/C for the grand kids.

42 minutes ago, tnts4me said:

Sled's looking good for a Poo.....LOL  Just kidding.   Hopefully we'll get more snow than last year.  My sled is ready for the season except getting the front shocks refreshed.  Headed up to LBL this weekend to swap out tracks on Bobby's sled, skid is already out.  A few more things to go on that and than on to the 99 F/C for the grand kids.

Thanks. Hopefully this one doesn’t have to haul a Ski-Doo home from what, a mile out from the house? LOL 

I would love to find the spare cash and time, not to mention talk the father in law into it, to add on to our shed up there so I could keep my trail sled up there full time. If I didn’t have to haul my stuff up there and back all the time, I would ride a lot more up there. Hate to leave my trailer up there just to house sleds. All of the weather damage to it isn’t worth it, to me. 

If the weather cooperates (not hot as hell) wife and I will be up there at the end of the month for a weekend. 

I keep my eye out for the 99 z440's because they had 56 hp compared to 50 for the earlier ones.  The 2000-2003 had 60+ but that's getting a little more racey than I'd like.  Anyway there is a whole 99 sled with 2k miles for 600 I'm thinking about picking up.  I need another good clutch anyway and I'm sure I'd get a bunch of other good parts off it like skis and a track and whatever else. 

Here is the gear bag I picked up this summer.  I also got a nice choice 90's jacket, I already have a couple that I had in that era but I got another and gave one to my brother.