Summer miles vs. Winter miles

Interesting discussion I had the other day.

Which powersport get's the most use for you?  

Since I got my first Side X Side in 2012, the RZR always sees more mileage than my sled.

I've ridden about 9,000 miles in that time in the Ranger's and RZR's, while only about 6,000 sled miles.

That's given winter is 3 months out of the year and SxS's are used year round.

I'm 3000 to 4000 a year on sleds and don't have a ATV or UTV.  Have a CJ5 jeep by our place up Nth used primary on forest roads and fire lanes but has been known to be parked at some of the local establishments up Nth after a ride through the woods.

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Back when I rode dirtbikes/quads be lucky if we did 30 miles a day spent most our time screwing around in sand pits hill climbs and jumping stuff. Sleds we always seemed to mostly trail ride with some off trail mixed in here and there. I’d say winter miles definitely more for me. A point to bring up is there is wayyy more sled trails to ride than dirtbike/quad trails around here especially back when I got out of dirtbike/quad riding. A few more dirtbike/quad trails now but still no comparison to sled trails.

• Like 1

On 2nd Rzr since 2011. Probably 10-12k since then. 

Sleds, I do very few trail trail miles anymore, some years 0 miles, though had snow at home this year so got 500 or so. 2013 trail sled only has 4000 miles on it. 

Most sled riding is out west. 6 or 7 days in a row each month. Doesn't equate to many miles, have just under 2000 miles on 18 RMK. Time for pistons and check bottom end. Back up 2012 RMK has 4000ish miles but hasn't been ridden but a day or 2 since 18. 

Actually I guess miles are close to the same .....

Damn trucks is what gets all the miles...

Edited by Legend

Put 4k on my 20 ranger last year in 4 months. 1300 on my 19 zr since new. I even live on the trail in bayfield county where we always have good snow to ride. Getting harder to justify keeping the sled around

Around 2,000 on my sled this winter which is less than normal.  Late start and early snow melt really shortened the season.

1,200 miles on my atv last year.  The season is longer but I don't take as many trips.  Nowhere to really ride locally under an hour and a half drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...