DeSantis round table with experts

Rod

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Good luck. You can’t find a house 

plenty of property to buy if you don't mind being rural. Plenty in the populated areas but super competitive right now like most places.

Expensive to live in the good parts of populated areas but for us east coasters it's the perfect winter location and being a Maine resident like Moe hard to not make it your primary given maines tax policies.  Year round I'd pick TN over FL but having a camp to go to for 180 days like Moe has ME/FL would be a good combo

Edited by Angry ginger

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

plenty of property to buy if you don't mind being rural. Plenty in the populated areas but super competitive right now like most places.

Expensive to live in the good parts of populated areas but for us east coasters it's the perfect winter location and being a Maine resident like Moe hard to not make it your primary given maines tax policies.  Year round I'd pick TN over FL but having a camp to go to for 180 days like Moe has ME/FL would be a good combo

Rural living is becoming increasingly popular 

28 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I don't remember what it was that made us uncheck Tenn, but we did.

No income taxes will be a huge thing. Maine will fuck our 3 pensions 10 different ways to Sunday.

Good friend of mine in the House tried to present a bill to make military pensions nontaxable. Dems shut it down.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Tons of MN have winter FL shacks most on the West side mainly Naples Ft Myers . I go to Naples in Jan and see more people I know walking down the street in Naples on a Fri night than I see that i know all year walking around Minneapolis.  Think it is because North West airlines has run at least 1 flight a day from the late 60s on 

I’m starting to look at the gulf area of Alabama. No state pension tax and no state property tax for those over 65 if you homestead the property. The Tn Alabama boarder area isn’t to bad either.  Puts you in a good spot for road trips. TN is getting way over populated. They have been in a building boom for 10 years. https://revenue.alabama.gov/property-tax/homestead-exemptions/

54 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Tons of MN have winter FL shacks most on the West side mainly Naples Ft Myers . I go to Naples in Jan and see more people I know walking down the street in Naples on a Fri night than I see that i know all year walking around Minneapolis.  Think it is because North West airlines has run at least 1 flight a day from the late 60s on 

I like that area but I’m priced out. Not interested in a tiny condo. Need a garage and driveway for toys.

1 hour ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

You couldn’t pay me to live in FL but it sure would be nice to have leadership like that in other states around the nation. 

I used to think that, but there are some nicer more remote less touristy areas that are pretty nice.  The political and tax climate is going to be a huge consideration for where I decide to retire, cuz I don't think CT is going to be where I want to be a resident much longer.

4 hours ago, Snake said:

I don't remember what it was that made us uncheck Tenn, but we did.

No income taxes will be a huge thing. Maine will fuck our 3 pensions 10 different ways to Sunday.

Good friend of mine in the House tried to present a bill to make military pensions nontaxable. Dems shut it down.

and they should.   Either tax them all or tax none of them. who the payer is is immaterial

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Ron as POTUS and Matt as VP, unless . . .

Desantis is one thing but Gaetz is a fucking bonehead and who knows where  this investigation lands him. Has to be someone better to put on the ticket. 

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

I used to think that, but there are some nicer more remote less touristy areas that are pretty nice.  The political and tax climate is going to be a huge consideration for where I decide to retire, cuz I don't think CT is going to be where I want to be a resident much longer.

Just can’t do the climate. SW US is where I would go. Arizona, etc. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I’m starting to look at the gulf area of Alabama. No state pension tax and no state property tax for those over 65 if you homestead the property. The Tn Alabama boarder area isn’t to bad either.  Puts you in a good spot for road trips. TN is getting way over populated. They have been in a building boom for 10 years. https://revenue.alabama.gov/property-tax/homestead-exemptions/

My mom and stepdad loved Gulf Shores.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Desantis is one thing but Gaetz is a fucking bonehead and who knows where  this investigation lands him. Has to be someone better to put on the ticket. 

I hear its pretty imminent  :lol: 

• Haha 1