I know it’s early BUUUTTTTT.....

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I've a good deal of friends that are regulars at that one... but again, not this year.

Another really fun 50's traditional show that's off most peoples radar is in Symco WI 

https://www.symcohotrods.com/ 

Luckily, Wisco is less nanny-state than MN

How about Iola?  Symco is not far from there.....

1 hour ago, Mag6240 said:

Meanwhile the Sconnie State Fair is ON August 5th - 15th..... Fucking MN - a move with @Zambroskiis looking more and more imminent for me as well.....

Yeah, I'll be back up in Duluth in a couple of months but, don't see staying any longer than I have to.  I've seen enough.

1 minute ago, fortune46x said:

I see back to the 50's has been cancelled for this year...  an event that size gets called off it wouldnt surprise me to see haydays get called off too. 

Hah!  You beat me to it (like you're on a F7!!).  I was just getting ready to post this:

Back to the 50's update:

2021 BACK TO THE 50’S WEEKEND POSTPONED:
During a special Board Meeting on April 27, 2021 the Board of Directors were forced to make the difficult decision to once again postpone the 47th Annual Back to the 50’s Weekend, the new dates are June 17-19, 2022. The MSRA Board of Directors were faced with several insurmountable restrictions put in place by the Governor’s executive orders and the Minnesota Department of Health’s guidelines to those executive orders. After a long meeting with the Attorney General’s Office and the State of Minnesota the many guidelines and restrictions in place at the time of postponement include:
✅10,000 people max at any one time on the fairgrounds. MSRA must monitor participant and spectator gates and count people as they enter and exit to control the attendance at all times.
✅ Masks must be worn at all times (indoor and outdoor).
✅ MSRA must provide hand sanitizer stations and MDH signage throughout the fairgrounds.
✅ Everyone that enters the fairgrounds must agree to the terms of MDH’s self-screening.
✅ Per MDH’s guidelines you can walk around the event in groups of not more than six people. Once you are in a group of six, you cannot change groups and groups of six must socially distance from other groups of six.
✅ Buildings will need to have separate entrances and exits.
✅ Buildings will have limited capacities and attendance must be controlled at all times by MSRA.
✅ Vendors must have their own C-19 plan and submit it to MSRA prior to the start of the event.
✅Outside vendors that have tents with 50% or more of the sides covered will be considered an indoor space and will have to comply with the indoor rules.
✅Campgrounds must follow the current State of Minnesota’s campground guidelines.
✅Food must be consumed in designated areas near the food vendor where it was purchased, no walking and eating / drinking.
✅ MSRA is responsible for enforcing all of the current guidelines and dealing with those that do not comply. If the Attorney General’s Office or the Minnesota Department of Health see any violations of the Governor’s executive order and / or the MDH’s guidelines they can shut the event down at any time and / or fine the MSRA for any such violations.
With the above guidelines there is no way we can have our event this year. With only 10,000 people allowed that would not even let in half of the registered participants. If you figure two people per car, plus spectators, the allowed attendance would need to be closer to 40,000. Also, MSRA and our volunteers would be tasked with enforcing the guidelines and we do not feel that is appropriate to ask of our volunteers.
FOR COMPLETE DETAILS OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CLICK ON THE PDF LINK BELOW!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Hah!  You beat me to it (like you're on a F7!!).  I was just getting ready to post this:

Back to the 50's update:

2021 BACK TO THE 50’S WEEKEND POSTPONED:
During a special Board Meeting on April 27, 2021 the Board of Directors were forced to make the difficult decision to once again postpone the 47th Annual Back to the 50’s Weekend, the new dates are June 17-19, 2022. The MSRA Board of Directors were faced with several insurmountable restrictions put in place by the Governor’s executive orders and the Minnesota Department of Health’s guidelines to those executive orders. After a long meeting with the Attorney General’s Office and the State of Minnesota the many guidelines and restrictions in place at the time of postponement include:
✅10,000 people max at any one time on the fairgrounds. MSRA must monitor participant and spectator gates and count people as they enter and exit to control the attendance at all times.
✅ MSRA must provide hand sanitizer stations and MDH signage throughout the fairgrounds.
✅ Everyone that enters the fairgrounds must agree to the terms of MDH’s self-screening.
✅ Per MDH’s guidelines you can walk around the event in groups of not more than six people. Once you are in a group of six, you cannot change groups and groups of six must socially distance from other groups of six.
✅ Buildings will need to have separate entrances and exits.
✅ Buildings will have limited capacities and attendance must be controlled at all times by MSRA.
✅ Vendors must have their own C-19 plan and submit it to MSRA prior to the start of the event.
✅Outside vendors that have tents with 50% or more of the sides covered will be considered an indoor space and will have to comply with the indoor rules.
✅Campgrounds must follow the current State of Minnesota’s campground guidelines.
✅Food must be consumed in designated areas near the food vendor where it was purchased, no walking and eating / drinking.
✅ MSRA is responsible for enforcing all of the current guidelines and dealing with those that do not comply. If the Attorney General’s Office or the Minnesota Department of Health see any violations of the Governor’s executive order and / or the MDH’s guidelines they can shut the event down at any time and / or fine the MSRA for any such violations.
With the above guidelines there is no way we can have our event this year. With only 10,000 people allowed that would not even let in half of the registered participants. If you figure two people per car, plus spectators, the allowed attendance would need to be closer to 40,000. Also, MSRA and our volunteers would be tasked with enforcing the guidelines and we do not feel that is appropriate to ask of our volunteers.
FOR COMPLETE DETAILS OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CLICK ON THE PDF LINK BELOW!

even though Im 5hp down

No doubt with the shit (limitations) Back to the 50's couldn't deal with ... Hay Days is unlikely to happen.  I just don't see Walz and the MDH relaxing this shit, despite vaccinations happening.

15 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Anybody telling me I need to wear a mask outdoors can go pound sand.  DUMBEST THING EVER.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Anybody telling me I need to wear a mask outdoors can go pound sand.  DUMBEST THING EVER.

I laughed when Walz claimed "If you've received the vaccine, you can go outside without a mask"   It was one of those moments where I wish someone with a brain could say, "Hey dumbass - we've been outside without masks for over a year!"  Absolutely absurd what he and MDH think is required when all you have to do is look at the states that have opened up and have had success.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

How about Iola?  Symco is not far from there.....

Was an Iola regular in the 70/80/90's until they turned it into a flea market.  Symco is a traditional hot rod and custom car show.  If your car doesn't meet the criteria they won't let you show it.  Cool place too.

• Like 1

Hitting this next month 

https://www.moparsinthepark.com

Not near in size as the 50s show and Haydays however 

Iola Car Show got cancelled last year - However they had a pretty big car gathering car cruise instead thru town , no swap 

All Symco gatherings happened also last year 

Tons of car shows in WI start today , May 1st 

On 4/29/2021 at 9:34 AM, Bontz said:

No doubt with the shit (limitations) Back to the 50's couldn't deal with ... Hay Days is unlikely to happen.  I just don't see Walz and the MDH relaxing this shit, despite vaccinations happening.

As of now it is a go ? Was talking with them this week about club row and still moving along with plans . Will that change when we get closer? 

22 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

As of now it is a go ? Was talking with them this week about club row and still moving along with plans . Will that change when we get closer? 

I saw on facebook they had cancelled it. 

biggest one we hit usually is goodguys in Des Moines that hits about 5k cars , but last year they were mid 3's for cars. 

1 minute ago, fortune46x said:

I saw on facebook they had cancelled it. 

biggest one we hit usually is goodguys in Des Moines that hits about 5k cars , but last year they were mid 3's for cars. 

I am talking about hay days not back to 5he 50s 

Edited by Ez ryder

33 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

oh , I am guessing if they do cancel it will be like last year call it as the event draws near. 

They best call it some what early . A lot if these guys spend 100s of 1000s on non returnable non current gear just for the show 

6 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

They best call it some what early . A lot if these guys spend 100s of 1000s on non returnable non current gear just for the show 

Most of them can, and will, just sell it online. 

The kick in the pants will be that they still owe people a spot from last year so if they cancel again, I wonder what people who are waiting to use their spot will say. 

3 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Most of them can, and will, just sell it online. 

The kick in the pants will be that they still owe people a spot from last year so if they cancel again, I wonder what people who are waiting to use their spot will say. 

It was not "Canceled" last year but "Postponed" so at least the guys that I know with multiple swap spaces did not get their deposits refunded.  If it would have been canceled last year then they would have had to refund all the deposits.  It will be interesting what happens this year if it's "Postponed" again

15 minutes ago, Doug said:

It was not "Canceled" last year but "Postponed" so at least the guys that I know with multiple swap spaces did not get their deposits refunded.  If it would have been canceled last year then they would have had to refund all the deposits.  It will be interesting what happens this year if it's "Postponed" again

They have the money to pay back no problem.  No grants were given last yr don't think any of the board got stipends and they have no trail to maintain . Pretty sure that new spot and improvements are all pif .

They got sick of all the bullshit so hired out all the swap vendor and club row spots to a 3rd party like 3 or 4 yrs back . I assume they are tge ones on the hook if they spent the money ? 

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

They have the money to pay back no problem.  No grants were given last yr don't think any of the board got stipends and they have no trail to maintain . Pretty sure that new spot and improvements are all pif .

They got sick of all the bullshit so hired out all the swap vendor and club row spots to a 3rd party like 3 or 4 yrs back . I assume they are tge ones on the hook if they spent the money ? 

Heard that was still in the works to have a 3rd party run it but could be wrong.  I'll just be glad when things get back to normal.  The guys that I know are already making backup plans if it gets postponed again and already have spots reserved at a couple other swapmeets the started up last year in Wisconsin.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

Heard that was still in the works to have a 3rd party run it but could be wrong.  I'll just be glad when things get back to normal.  The guys that I know are already making backup plans if it gets postponed again and already have spots reserved at a couple other swapmeets the started up last year in Wisconsin.

No it has been like 3 yrs now . I know I do club row shit every yr for 3 clubs . Use to be hey EZ how has the yr been what trips did you do this yr need the same as last yr  etc etc . 3 yrs ago outside corp in Minneapolis they know nothing of power sports or how clubs work.  Was 3 pages of bullshit to fill out . Including every clubs proff of liability insurance every board members contact info  etc etc 

On 4/15/2021 at 4:09 PM, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

No fuckin way would I be driving all that way, for that shit. 

There was a bunch of different people in Michigan talking about trying to do a Haydays in Michigan for a few years. Nothing ever happened. I find it funny that there isn’t something like that around this state. They use to have a few outdoor shoes but nothing on the scale of Haydays and there are a lot of people that ride in this state. Shouldn’t be a problem to get decent attendance numbers. 

Many have attempted they all fail . 

Closest thing to it in MN is prinston and that is not even 1/5 th the size and has been diminishing .

I hope they have it a lot of clubs depend on the barons grants to keep shit running .