Matryx - Items to look for?

Bontz

I didn't ride mine, but felt like I went over it enough to get a feel for it before I sold it.  Aside from the normal stuff (belt deflection, suspension setup (and sag), adjusting handlebars, etc), what were some items to look for and hopefully see resolved with the 2022 models?  I know the 7S gauge was a bit glitchy, with the fuel mode changing for no reason & the fuel level being off, but were there other issues?  My IFS springs were all the way loose and skis were tipped forward, which I ended up adding shims to alleviate (I wouldn't have really noticed either had I not put my sled on the lift and got the front end off the ground).  The well-known issues with the jackshaft bearing was another area of concern which I passed on to the guy who bought my sled.  Although my chaincase oil level was good (my dealer knows, now, to look at that!) ... did others notice it being down, like years past?  I didn't really notice any wire/hose areas that were exposed to quality control issues but that's not to say someone else didn't find something.

Just trying to get some ideas out there for folks to look at.

my dad had a 21 850 vr1 only real issue was all the shock springs had to be setup.  They were all over the place.  I assume just slapped on with the shocks.  He sold it and ordered a 22.  

I know a two guys who bought a Matryx this past year, VR1 and Launch.  BOTH needed the jackshaft bearing looked at sooner than later.  At 1500 miles, one guys was dry as a bone.  This has been an issue with Polaris for a few years now.  Be sure to pull the secondary, and pick the seal out of that bearing behind it to inspect.  I would suggest doing the same for the driveshaft bearing below it while you are that far into it.

My jackshaft bearing was fine but the drive shaft bearing was a little light on grease. 

I also normally shimmed the skis with .25 shims but noticed on the Matryx that the carbides were wearing a little more on the back of the carbides so changed out to .18 shims and that evened out the carbide wear.