Speed run sleds of the early 80's

Here is some of the speed run sleds from the early 80's. The Budweiser sled actually showed up at one of our radar runs to make some test runs. At the time they were running in the mid 130's with the sled. It was powered by a Mariner V6. As of a couple years ago the sled was purchased by a collector and was going through a full restoration.

Speed run 1.jpg

speed run 2.jpg

speed run 3.jpg

speed run 4.jpg

Speed run 5.jpg

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Still have a 75 Rupp Nitro 440 FA

Nice.  I know we are off your topic with the 1970's shit but....I saw the Sno-King race when I was a kid.  Went with my dad and drunken uncle.  Had the poster on my wall until my teen years.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Nice.  I know we are off your topic with the 1970's shit but....I saw the Sno-King race when I was a kid.  Went with my dad and drunken uncle.  Had the poster on my wall until my teen years.

image.jpeg

Not necessarily off topic topic.  Little trivia here is the the first Sno-King was originally the Boss Cat 2.  The Boss Cat 2 has now been fully restored to original.  I sold the collector that has it and others some NOS parts for a 1990-1/2 RXL and was invited to see their collection.  Mouth dropping would be an understatement of the sleds there.  The one pic is my buddy inside of the Boss Cat 2 after getting instructions to start it.  Also in a pic is the Sno-King with 4 V-Max motors

Sno-king 1.jpg

Boss cat 2.jpg

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG

On 4/10/2021 at 1:46 PM, Doug said:

Not necessarily off topic topic.  Little trivia here is the the first Sno-King was originally the Boss Cat 2.  The Boss Cat 2 has now been fully restored to original.  I sold the collector that has it and others some NOS parts for a 1990-1/2 RXL and was invited to see their collection.  Mouth dropping would be an understatement of the sleds there.  The one pic is my buddy inside of the Boss Cat 2 after getting instructions to start it.  Also in a pic is the Sno-King with 4 V-Max motors

Sno-king 1.jpg

Boss cat 2.jpg

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG

KW's.  They do have some fantastic sleds. I hope to go to the new place sometime.

Edited by racerdave

Man, you guys are taking me back .... awesome memories!!  That Budweiser Sno-King  (when Paul Groth had it) was literally less than 5 minutes from where I currently live.  I still think about that sled every time we go by the shed where it was stored.