Why American cars don’t sell in Japan.

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

My versa got 225k and counting on it never done anything but oil and 1 set of plugs in all those miles. 225k even on the original clutch. If that was a cheapo Chevy/Ford/dodge I’d had replaced motors trannys everything by now and probably still be in the scrap yard. Americans cars are complete shit. I’d take a tundra over any American 1500. 

A tundra is American built Kentucky 

2 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Two words. 

Toyota reliability. 

Did you know Toyota efficiency is a degree you can get .

One of my customers has a degree toyota manufacturing efficiency or some such shit . He basically runs around the country auditing a factory or distribution center and helps them implement better QC and efficiency .for  Like 25 yrs I think 

Was just at his place not long ago and he had piles of Ping stuff . Guess that us who he is helping out now.  I don't golf but I passed along my tip of gear to a bud who was more than stoked about the new driver and bag 

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

My versa got 225k and counting on it never done anything but oil and 1 set of plugs in all those miles. 225k even on the original clutch. If that was a cheapo Chevy/Ford/dodge I’d had replaced motors trannys everything by now and probably still be in the scrap yard. Americans cars are complete shit. I’d take a tundra over any American 1500. 

I suppose the American pick ups like the F250 and 2500 are better for heavy loads. My Tundra does everything I need a truck to do. It’ll easily go for 300-400,000 miles with minimal repairs. Not so with the america built garbage. I sold a Sienna last year that was just shy of 300k. The guy I sold it to already has an additional 40k. He runs hot loads in the Midwest. It’s been perfect for him. Factory drivetrain. Can’t beat Toyota. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Did you know Toyota efficiency is a degree you can get .

One of my customers has a degree toyota manufacturing efficiency or some such shit . He basically runs around the country auditing a factory or distribution center and helps them implement better QC and efficiency .for  Like 25 yrs I think 

Was just at his place not long ago and he had piles of Ping stuff . Guess that us who he is helping out now.  I don't golf but I passed along my tip of gear to a bud who was more than stoked about the new driver and bag 

I have no idea what any of the means. Are you making up a new language ? 

5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I suppose the American pick ups like the F250 and 2500 are better for heavy loads. My Tundra does everything I need a truck to do. It’ll easily go for 300-400,000 miles with minimal repairs. Not so with the america built garbage. I sold a Sienna last year that was just shy of 300k. The guy I sold it to already has an additional 40k. He runs hot loads in the Midwest. It’s been perfect for him. Factory drivetrain. Can’t beat Toyota. 

Bull shit the only work trucks I have had that did not make 300k before I sold them off because they looked to shitty to park at a customers home have been tge 05 and up Mexico GM shit . And I always just buy 1500 and put air bags in the back for heavy shit like a pallet of tile . 

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

A tundra is American built Kentucky 

I’m almost positive they are built in Texas. I thought I read somewhere the 1794 edition was named after the ranch that Toyota bought in Texas that the now toyota factory sits on that builds the tundra

also sure built in America but designed, engineering and most everything else that matters I’m sure is down in Japan. 

Edited by 800renegaderider

7 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I have no idea what any of the means. Are you making up a new language ? 

Not to complex.  Toyota teaches or at least use to teach there systems at some university's in America.  Not just a class or 2 a whole 4 yr degree in Toyota efficiency 

3 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’m almost positive they are built in Texas. I thought I read somewhere the 1794 edition was named after the ranch that Toyota bought in Texas that the now toyota factory sits on that builds the tundra

They are made in Texas. I thought everyone knew that. 

4 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Bull shit the only work trucks I have had that did not make 300k before I sold them off because they looked to shitty to park at a customers home have been tge 05 and up Mexico GM shit . And I always just buy 1500 and put air bags in the back for heavy shit like a pallet of tile . 

I’ll never own an america car or truck. Garbage. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’ll never own an america car or truck. Garbage. 

Then you are a idiot.  American trucks are great . And cars are not what men drive so yeah I will never buy a American car .

12 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Then you are a idiot.  American trucks are great . And cars are not what men drive so yeah I will never buy a American car .

I like some cars a lot. Both my BMW’s are a blast to drive. Audis and MB too. Almost a 1000hp between the two bmws. Im driving to Kansas City, southern Utah, and up to Washington state. Leaving tonight and will be on the road most of next week. The thought of taking my truck is dismal. Just not fun. There’s one American vehicle I’d own. The C8. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

33 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

So go buy a titan or a frontier and let us all know how that  worked out in a few years lol 

My buddy owns a Frontier, bought it new in 07.  Biggest issue is the radiator and trans cooler mix together and destroy everything.  He still has it, it will make it the 2 miles to town and back but wont hold 55 mph on any kind of incline.  He's stuck with it because it's a worthless pile of shit, like AFJ and MC.

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I already own a tundra. Fantastic vehicle. 

Well it is fun to generalize so trade it on on a frontier you know all those jap cars and trucks are great . 

And yeah we should say my wife has had a few Mercedes.  All good till they are not then as you know big bucks . Still rather take my f150 or ram cross countery with a bike in the bed . 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

Well it is fun to generalize so trade it on on a frontier you know all those jap cars and trucks are great . 

And yeah we should say my wife has had a few Mercedes.  All good till they are not then as you know big bucks . Still rather take my f150 or ram cross countery with a bike in the bed . 

Never own a euro out of warranty unless you know how to wrench. 

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Never own a euro out of warranty unless you know how to wrench. 

Oh I have a full set of of reverse torx sockets and wrenches just for Benz will never let her buy another.  Just not worth it . Ever been busted down in a 1 gas station town in your euro trash yeah real fun stuff . Something as basic as a timing sensor can keep you sitting for fucking days . Believe me I know 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

Oh I have a full set of of reverse torx sockets and wrenches just for Benz will never let her buy another.  Just not worth it . Ever been busted down in a 1 gas station town in your euro trash yeah real fun stuff . Something as basic as a timing sensor can keep you sitting for fucking days . Believe me I know 

That’ll get a guy’s blood pressure up there. :lol: