800 can

polaris7541

• 7 months later...
  • Gold Member

Stupid ass loud exhaust.  Trail closing cans is what they should call them.  Had to re-route my trail again this year because guy built new house and didn't want to listen to wanna bes with braaapppp exhaust.  Throw it in the garbage.  Do us all a favor!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Stupid ass loud exhaust.  Trail closing cans is what they should call them.  Had to re-route my trail again this year because guy built new house and didn't want to listen to wanna bes with braaapppp exhaust.  Throw it in the garbage.  Do us all a favor!

While I don't totally disagree.  I like a nice sounding sled.  But there's a time and place to grab the flipper.  

Still, this is a rules forum (no bashing/sarcasm/etc..) So, he can post here to sell it freely.  :bc:

On 11/11/2021 at 7:51 AM, Zambroski said:

While I don't totally disagree.  I like a nice sounding sled.  But there's a time and place to grab the flipper.  

Still, this is a rules forum (no bashing/sarcasm/etc..) So, he can post here to sell it freely.  :bc:

So can we ask to see pictures or for him to post video of this obnoxious, noisy, trail closure device?  

And, shouldn't it be in the classified section?  

:)

On 11/11/2021 at 7:55 AM, poopooforme said:

Ya you are prob right.  Just hits a little close to home as I just got done with my re route.  7 different land owners had to give permission where it was one before.  

Don't blame you one bit.

Thank you for your service.

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

So can we ask to see pictures or for him to post video of this obnoxious, noisy, trail closure device?  

:)

Don't blame you one bit.

Thank you for your service.

Well if you'd just stay out of Polaris forums - problem solved :lol:

Sorry - couldn't resist

On 11/11/2021 at 7:55 AM, poopooforme said:

Ya you are prob right.  Just hits a little close to home as I just got done with my re route.  7 different land owners had to give permission where it was one before.  

Been there and it gets harder to find reroutes every year.

The way some of the manufacturers are advertising these cans as "acceptable levels" gets irritating also. I've asked a couple what is their definition of Acceptable level.  Normally just a BS response if any.

Much better ways to spend ones money if they're looking for better performance.  Really do cans increase HP and the main selling point is weight loss.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:).

I guess you can.  Are you a serious customer. And yes…it should be.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 7:43 AM, poopooforme said:

I’m going to bring this back. Do you really think it was just the cans that closed it or was this guy going to bitch and complain no matter what. I’m leaning the ladder. Guarantee the guy just didn’t like snowmobiles, period. You’re telling me that in the 90’s with everybody’s triple pipped  stinger sleds wasn’t closing trails left and right but cans are now. And there was a hell of a lot more sleds running around In Those days. Depending on your age I bet you even liked hearing those old triple’s on pipe screaming through the woods. Society has changed. If your not a diehard sledder than more than likely you just hate snowmobiles these days

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member

Wow get down from your perch and come back to reality.  Between his new house and the deer he thought were getting chased away it was purely the loud exhaust that got my trail closed.  We have more problems with fucking deer hunters than hippies by far.  Deer hunters think deer get spooked by loud ass punks and the BRAAAAAAAAPAPPPPPPAAAAAAPPPPPPPssssss that happen through the woods.  I don't think the deer get spooked but what you gonna do when a landowner says no more???????

Are any of the “trail” cans actually as quiet as stock?  That’s really the answer for the OP’s question, isn’t it?  Whether he wants it to be or not.

There’s a trail by me that has a speed limit in one area because it goes past a daycare, it’s to keep the noise down, as much as safety for people picking up or dropping off little kids.  It’s a reasonable request, and I’m not surprised if others are sensitive about the noise for other reasons - snowmobilers have faced this criticism since the 60’s.

I struggle with the benefit of aftermarket silencers/mufflers/cans for a trail sled - the weight savings doesn’t seem worth it.  But, I don’t really care what other people spend their money on.  You want one, go for it.

1 hour ago, poopooforme said:

Wow get down from your perch and come back to reality.  Between his new house and the deer he thought were getting chased away it was purely the loud exhaust that got my trail closed.  We have more problems with fucking deer hunters than hippies by far.  Deer hunters think deer get spooked by loud ass punks and the BRAAAAAAAAPAPPPPPPAAAAAAPPPPPPPssssss that happen through the woods.  I don't think the deer get spooked but what you gonna do when a landowner says no more???????

Doubtful. He used exhaust as a excuse. If everybody had quite cans he would still want the trail closed. Cans are just the easiest thing to blame. 

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Nanner said:

Doubtful. He used exhaust as a excuse. If everybody had quite cans he would still want the trail closed. Cans are just the easiest thing to blame. 

Alright well thanks for making my point for me!!!  If it wasn't for the cans my trails would still be open.  What club do you belong to? How many landowners do you work with every year to keep the trails open????  Maybe if dudes would put the time and effort into trail work that they put into making their sled slower we would all be happier!!!

8 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

Alright well thanks for making my point for me!!!  If it wasn't for the cans my trails would still be open.  What club do you belong to? How many landowners do you work with every year to keep the trails open????  Maybe if dudes would put the time and effort into trail work that they put into making their sled slower we would all be happier!!!

How did I prove your point. You have the exact mentally of people that want trails closed. Bitter,  angry and just plain miserable.  They wanted the trail shut down no matter what. Cans are the easiest fall out. It’s no different than building a house next to a shooting range and complaining about gun shots. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, poopooforme said:

Sounds like he just didn't want any snowmobiles or unnatural things near his hunting land.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Nanner said:

How did I prove your point. You have the exact mentally of people that want trails closed. Bitter,  angry and just plain miserable.  They wanted the trail shut down no matter what. Cans are the easiest fall out. It’s no different than building a house next to a shooting range and complaining about gun shots. 

What a stupid analogy.  Our trail ran through a couple hundred acres of his woods.  His new house was a small part of it.  Im not miserable I just get pissed with all the work of us older guys for the youngsters to piss on it.  You know when you add a can you gotta drive like an idoit so people hear you.  Its a  mindset.  Now once again which club do you belong to and how much trail work do you do?  I think I know the answer and if thats the case then you should STFU with this entire topic.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poopooforme said:

What a stupid analogy.  Our trail ran through a couple hundred acres of his woods.  His new house was a small part of it.  Im not miserable I just get pissed with all the work of us older guys for the youngsters to piss on it.  You know when you add a can you gotta drive like an idoit so people hear you.  Its a  mindset.  Now once again which club do you belong to and how much trail work do you do?  I think I know the answer and if thats the case then you should STFU with this entire topic.  

You’re exactly right. People close trails not cans. It’s not about the sound it’s about  idiots piping out they’re sled as there 2” paddle track is tearing up driveway crossings.   I’m not for loud cans but am a motor head and like a little sound. I can tell you a stock 90’s sled I have is just as loud as my slp piped sled.  Do you really think if all aftermarket exhaust was eliminated that the trails wouldn’t shut down still. You’re nieve if you think it will stop trail closings. The world is a different place and snowmobiles don’t fit In. 30 years ago people weren’t getting butt hurt about boondocking around the countryside. At least where I live. As long as you weren’t wrecking property it wasn’t a big deal.   

as far as club membership. I barely have the time to ride with three younger kids and a wife that works shitty hours. My club is probably the richest around and has a large membership. They don’t need my help but I do try to buy raffles and what not for fund raisers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nanner said:

You’re exactly right. People close trails not cans. It’s not about the sound it’s about  idiots piping out they’re sled as there 2” paddle track is tearing up driveway crossings.   I’m not for loud cans but am a motor head and like a little sound. I can tell you a stock 90’s sled I have is just as loud as my slp piped sled.  Do you really think if all aftermarket exhaust was eliminated that the trails wouldn’t shut down still. You’re nieve if you think it will stop trail closings. The world is a different place and snowmobiles don’t fit In. 30 years ago people weren’t getting butt hurt about boondocking around the countryside. At least where I live. As long as you weren’t wrecking property it wasn’t a big deal.   

as far as club membership. I barely have the time to ride with three younger kids and a wife that works shitty hours. My club is probably the richest around and has a large membership. They don’t need my help but I do try to buy raffles and what not for fund raisers. 

100% nailed.  There’s a time and a place.  Flipper control and common sense should indicate both.

• Like 1