The old HCS is back just under a new name see you on the dark side.

2 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Shouldn't all the folks who supposedly loved the Baler which Poo finally killed be all over these sleds?  For years we heard how playful, bitchin and awesome they are.  Clearly the Lynx Rave isn't for Doo guys. 

The Rave is for anyone Doo or otherwise that wants a supreme ditch banging, airborne anytime and every time without worry type of sled.  For those that ride mostly flat groomed trails there are other models available and at a lower price point......

7 hours ago, Doug said:

I personally haven't had a Baler since 2016.  Wife had one until 2 seasons ago.  Still one of the best riding sleds I will say. 

Nothing wrong with the Lynx either it's just not as trail friendly as other sleds from what I'm told by the guys that had it for 3 days.  If they rode more off trail and ditch pounding then they would consider buying a Lynx.  Out of the 5 guys that rode it 3 are buying new Doo's and the other 2 are keeping their current sled.  One friend that had a Cat turbo sold it and put money down on a Lynx but now he's not sure if he's going to take it.

it's 'different' and personally I applaud BRP for bringing something different to riders for 2022 - and if they puss it down the next season after because the trail fairies want a 'softer version' of a hardcore sled I will bash them relentlessly for it.  

6 hours ago, fortune46x said:

I am not sure I can change brands yet...

in the mean time I am waiting on a cat 600 racer to make it back to my dealer then I am putting a ctech2 800 in it. 

you can, and you (amongst others) have considered it.  

be a man, F7 that fucking thing 

6 hours ago, jdsky said:

The Rave is for anyone Doo or otherwise that wants a supreme ditch banging, airborne anytime and every time without worry type of sled.  For those that ride mostly flat groomed trails there are other models available and at a lower price point......

....those are called XRS/XCR and RR - or dumbed down 'race replicas' 

25 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Cats a good runner but they are boring as hell to run on the trails just lack of excitement like drinking a flat warm beer. 

don't you now ride a SkiDoo TNT - the pinnacle of handling, suspension and mogul mashing trail performance?  :lol:

welcome back :)

40 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's 'different' and personally I applaud BRP for bringing something different to riders for 2022 - and if they puss it down the next season after because the trail fairies want a 'softer version' of a hardcore sled I will bash them relentlessly for it.  

you can, and you (amongst others) have considered it.  

be a man, F7 that fucking thing 

....those are called XRS/XCR and RR - or dumbed down 'race replicas' 

don't you now ride a SkiDoo TNT - the pinnacle of handling, suspension and mogul mashing trail performance?  :lol:

welcome back :)

I don't run any shit trails and they are right the R motion is the BEST bump sucker in the biz.  

Edited by Badger**

11 minutes ago, Doug said:

Thunder Badger......😬

15 minutes ago, Cwhite138 said:

....bump sucker?.... 

Sounds like a doo 

"Fixed" sorry on the phone working on getting a newer groomer for the club. Doug nothing as nice as yours. They are right Doo has the best ass end in the biz and Poo's front end is the best in the biz and Cat has nothing to brag about its just ok like a warm beer on a hot day. The fun factor still goes to Polaris. 

11 minutes ago, Badger** said:

"Fixed" sorry on the phone working on getting a newer groomer for the club. Doug nothing as nice as yours. They are right Doo has the best ass end in the biz and Poo's front end is the best in the biz and Cat has nothing to brag about its just ok like a warm beer on a hot day. The fun factor still goes to Polaris. 

What you guys looking at for a groomer?

36 minutes ago, Doug said:

What you guys looking at for a groomer?

The guys want a 1999 Tucker with a steel tracks I keep telling them to get a rubber track groomer. Hears the deal I have to cosign for a loan and I just don't feel comfortable with them buying that old of a steel track groomer when we already have one. I would like to see them get into a four track Tractor or Tucker with rubber tracks. 

7 hours ago, Badger** said:

The guys want a 1999 Tucker with a steel tracks I keep telling them to get a rubber track groomer. Hears the deal I have to cosign for a loan and I just don't feel comfortable with them buying that old of a steel track groomer when we already have one. I would like to see them get into a four track Tractor or Tucker with rubber tracks. 

Steel cleats are not fun especially as they start to wear and get thin they then start to crack and break.  Brings back bad memories of our LMC.  

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Steel cleats are not fun especially as they start to wear and get thin they then start to crack and break.  Brings back bad memories of our LMC.  

Been there, done that with an old Tucker 2000 years ago. Changing cleats trailside at night in below zero temps sucks. We traded it for a Tucker 1000 with rubber within a couple of years.

And the cleats vibrate like hell. Rubber tacks are so much better. We run New Hollands with Soucy tracks. Other than our tractor being so darn heavy, they work well. And there's always great reliability and dealer support with a tractor... 

In our case where we're located we're not guaranteed to have enough snow to groom every year.  There's been some years where we have not groomed at all.  We have a couple of trusted farmers that rent them for light field work so there used basically year around.  It doesnt do equipment any good to sit and not be used for long periods of time especially years we didn't have enough snow to groom.

15 hours ago, Badger** said:

Cats a good runner but they are boring as hell to run on the trails just lack of excitement like drinking a flat warm beer. 

At your speed, probably.  All sleds shine at different speeds/aggression levels.  Some people won't understand this and that's ok

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

At your speed, probably.  All sleds shine at different speeds/aggression levels.  Some people won't understand this and that's ok

This.  But...is it ok?  Really?  Like when people talk about a chassis and have no idea what it consists of?  I guess that's ok too....it kinda has to be I guess.

28 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This.  But...is it ok?  Really?  Like when people talk about a chassis and have no idea what it consists of?  I guess that's ok too....it kinda has to be I guess.

Well, I don't expect them to understand riding styles they don't have.  But yeah the arrogance in their ignorance is not desirable.

It's ok because it has to be.  Annoying.. yes.

1 hour ago, mnstang said:

Well, I don't expect them to understand riding styles they don't have.  But yeah the arrogance in their ignorance is not desirable.

It's ok because it has to be.  Annoying.. yes.

:lol: 

Well stated.  I know you certainly know this but...these same arguments over brands and riding "styles" carry over to all motorsports vehicles. I had identical ones (arguments) with those riding/racing CBR's and Ninjas when I raced the GSXR.  Sure the Zook was uncomfortable and unforgiving as fuck on the way to gather milk and eggs but...when ridden hard...well.....shining moments!  Funny...I jumped from my CBR to a Gsxr in about the same amount of miles it took me to go from my Doo to a Cat.  Hmmmm...

5 hours ago, Not greg b said:

I snow checked a Dubi groomer. No one is passing me on the trails 

Look who finally joined the shit show.  

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Is this you Greg B?  :bc:

Tis him.  Greg B. Ramstad. 

:fullofit:

:lmao:

Anyone know if the precision efi tune lives up to their claims on a New holland T9? Ever since Scott Wine took over it catches on fire like a 800ctech. I also need it to roll a lot of coal when pulling my groomer. I already bought a 12 inch ggb race pipe for it. 

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Is this you Greg B?  :bc:

Yep. I have a Culver’s wrap coming for my groomer. I was able to get sponsorship from them when I said I know people that wreck sleds in their parking to get a butter burger delux 

• Haha 1