The old HCS is back just under a new name see you on the dark side.

Just now, Zambroski said:

They’ve got one more year to show something.  It’ll start with next years race sleds.  If nothing new....I’m afraid it’s over.

Still, the PC has been dominant and I’ll build one again and again.  Well, maybe just one more anyway.  That whe set up just works for me.  Tough as shit and built for it.  Casual rides?  Prolly not though.

On the bold - in all honesty how many people are really aggressive riders vs being able to get by with a 600 and sits their happy ass on the seat and roams around at 50-60mph all day and then complains about sleds performance... 

Zambamalamalam- Meh. I had no problem with the ProCross. But, I tend to be a sucker for new tech, new engines, new chassis, new gadgets etc. 

The ProCross --- been there done that and wanted to try something new. 

I'm also concerned about having a Cat sled that soon could be an orphan, with no parts to fix it.....

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Still, the PC has been dominant and I’ll build one again and again.  Well, maybe just one more anyway.  That whe set up just works for me.  Tough as shit

Lol 

Z. The PC crash test dummy.  🤣

2021-04-07_12-13-34.jpg

Edited by Doug

21 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

On the bold - in all honesty how many people are really aggressive riders vs being able to get by with a 600 and sits their happy ass on the seat and roams around at 50-60mph all day and then complains about sleds performance... 

I’m in a very narrow trail very tight turns area where light sleds are great, however, you still really notice the acceleration of bigger cc sleds. Top speed has little to do with anything here.

It just really depends on what you like more.

49 minutes ago, fortune46x said:

My question to you and others is if I get a lynx - do I have to be a part of the PPP , or the mad catters? I dont know what to do with my hands. I wont be a part of the doo club

I’m not making that call. If it WERE up to me, you’d have to wear a Polaris coat, Cat gloves, put a Doo “X” on everything you own, cross your legs when you sit and squat to pee. If you’re going to be a cross dresser, god damn it you better own that shit. 

5 hours ago, Doug said:

They put on over 300 miles are it and to your point they also said it was not user friendly to adjust on the trail.  They loaded it into trailer at night and made adjustments in the morning before they left or by tipping the sled on its side and knocking the snow out of the suspension.  We're all trail riders and the consensus was they're own sleds all new or year old Ski-Doo's had better trail manners.  The Lynx was fun on the straights pulling the skis up at will coming into the corners nice but got light on ski pressure coming out of the corners and pushed.  They tightened up the limit strap but it's a bungy cord like material and stretches.  They thought if they could have put a conventional strap on it it would helped in the corners but didn't know how that would effect the rest of the suspension.

I was able to put only about 10 miles on one, and this was what I felt as well.  Really pushed in the corners.  I wondered if more seat time and adjustments would dial it in for my liking, but reading this, my initial assumptions would still be the same.

3 hours ago, fortune46x said:

One could argue that the actual aggressive riders will gravitate toward the 600 over the 800.  

5 hours ago, fortune46x said:

10%

5 hours ago, Ziemann said:

Zambamalamalam- Meh. I had no problem with the ProCross. But, I tend to be a sucker for new tech, new engines, new chassis, new gadgets etc. 

The ProCross --- been there done that and wanted to try something new. 

I'm also concerned about having a Cat sled that soon could be an orphan, with no parts to fix it.....

In this case, assuming Textron Bankrupts the sled division. Federal law should require parts be stocked for current machines for five years.  That's the way it used to be anyway.

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

One could argue that the actual aggressive riders will gravitate toward the 600 over the 800.  

Easily.  But everyone has an opinion on what "aggressive riding" means.  Speed doesn't equal "aggressive" to me.  A monkey can hold the flipper to bar across the lakes or on rail beds.  Shit....aggressive riding monkeys?!?!?!?!

On 4/6/2021 at 5:49 PM, Doug said:

I'm retiring on October officially December 31.  Also enjoy the grooming side of the sport 

20210218_180348.jpg

Someday I'd like to get back in the groomer. I got way too involved in our club and between some assholes there and less time with my kids I hung it up. 

7 hours ago, fortune46x said:

6% of HCS'ers & 2% of the FB ACTR group.  I did a study and have a spreadsheet.

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

Have you already forgotten about throttle modulation?  :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fireball 440 said:

Minneapolis of the North.

Hopefully it burns.

Every building that burns is bought by the city with tax dollars, renovated with tax dollars then, given to the indigent while the city supports their lifestyles....with tax dollars.  Then, when the businesses suffer from the outdoor crackhead gatherings, they just close up and provide another place for the homeless to gather and go BM.

This is called "progressive" city management.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Every building that burns is bought by the city with tax dollars, renovated with tax dollars then, given to the indigent while the city supports their lifestyles....with tax dollars.  Then, when the businesses suffer from the outdoor crackhead gatherings, they just close up and provide another place for the homeless to gather and go BM.

This is called "progressive" city management.

They sure love that Kozy shithole don't they.  Throw in the Aquarium and Spirit Mtn for more dealings to the tax payer, maybe add a few bike lanes and street lights for good measure.

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

They sure love that Kozy shithole don't they.  Throw in the Aquarium and Spirit Mtn for more dealings to the tax payer, maybe add a few bike lanes and street lights for good measure.

Duluth has literally turned into a comical parody of liberalism (not sure if that can be a thing).  The bike lane deal was and is just a complete head scratcher.  They took viable and busy lanes from major streets to give to bike riders....who are apparently invisible?  Also, enjoy the surprise forced merge you weren't expecting.  I mean...  :lol: 

Just now, Zambroski said:

Duluth has literally turned into a comical parody of liberalism (not sure if that can be a thing).  The bike lane deal was and is just a complete head scratcher.  They took viable and busy lanes from major streets to give to bike riders....who are apparently invisible?  Also, enjoy the surprise forced merge you weren't expecting.  I mean...  :lol: 

The state dismantling the can of worms right on top of that like frosting on the cake.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's why I live across the bridge over here in Cheeseland. 

1 hour ago, Fireball 440 said:

The state dismantling the can of worms right on top of that like frosting on the cake.

It's like the entire city council are all saying, "Hold my spring water and watch this!"  

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

That's why I live across the bridge over here in Cheeseland. 

That's why I am heading that way also.  It's still a level of retardation but, MN (The Cities and Duluth in particular) have just lost it.

1 hour ago, Jerry 976 said:

The future members of HCS and other sites.

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'oooo Manx Telecom 18:35 25% Search DiNG Yesterday at 17:14 How would I go about turning my 4 stroke 125 into a 2 stroke? Heard 2 strokes are faster does anyone know how to take strokes out of my engine? Is a stroke some sort of restrictor I'm guessing.. Like Comment 19 people like this. Oh dear. Yesterday at 17:16 Like Reply No need to be a dickhead I'm only asking? Yesterday at 17:16 Like Reply'

This isn't the future....from what I read the last year, it's the present.  When "fix it" advice starts to be, "Bring it to the dealer and complain" well.........I'm out.

Someone should have replied that four strokes are always better than only two. 

And yes, now the way to get something fixed is to drop off at dealer and then immediately proceed to social media to bitch and complain.  A google or yelp review will get things done even faster.... Hopefully the vaccines will help reduce the ever increasing population of idiots.

On 4/7/2021 at 7:16 AM, fortune46x said:

On the bold - how simple could it have been for them to create something retro especially when they were doing another season of BNG and a clutch change.. They didnt just drop the ball they let it fall through the floor and go down 10 levels. Absolutely NOTHING to entice new potential buyers. 

I am in the market for a new sled, and the dealer that is in my neck of the woods has a 850 Lynx and I am finding it harder and harder to say no and this is after 15 years on AC...  Its sad really. 

On 4/7/2021 at 7:26 AM, Doug said:

Group of guys I ride with had a Lynx for 3 days and none of them are buying one.  They all said it's more of a 60-40 off trail sled. With suspension uncoupled and the front limiter strap more like a budgie cord you'd come into the corners nice but when your back on the throttle the skis are in the air.  Fun sled if you want to just hang the skies in the air.  I wasn't with them but by the last day they were all back on they're own sleds and the Lynx was in the trailer.  These are all Ski-Doo riders.

On 4/7/2021 at 7:47 AM, Deephaven said:

Ski Doo riders not liking something that isn't boring.  What a surprise. :P

On 4/7/2021 at 8:01 AM, fortune46x said:

The skid geometry is alot like the bailer only they stuck it inside the tunnel  - I always take into the account of what other people say and what they ride , but I am wondering if its because they didnt have time to really get a feel for it ? Its a pretty drastic change over the doo. 

2022 Lynx Rave for sale - Sport snowmobile - Lynx

On 4/7/2021 at 8:23 AM, Doug said:

When they went it was all seasoned Ski-Doo riders and I didn't have the secret Ski-Doo hand shake to go alone.  They actually asked but I was in Tennessee for work when they went.  

They put on over 300 miles are it and to your point they also said it was not user friendly to adjust on the trail.  They loaded it into trailer at night and made adjustments in the morning before they left or by tipping the sled on its side and knocking the snow out of the suspension.  We're all trail riders and the consensus was they're own sleds all new or year old Ski-Doo's had better trail manners.  The Lynx was fun on the straights pulling the skis up at will coming into the corners nice but got light on ski pressure coming out of the corners and pushed.  They tightened up the limit strap but it's a bungy cord like material and stretches.  They thought if they could have put a conventional strap on it it would helped in the corners but didn't know how that would effect the rest of the suspension.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:18 AM, jdsky said:

Everything is a trade off.  The Rave is 100% designed for rough trail and is a ditch banger's dream sled.  It's designed to be airborne with no worries about folding it up.  One downside is the price as most ditch bangers don't have that kind of coin for a purpose built machine.  

My guess is the sled will initially appeal to a large number of riders just looking for something different and new.  Nothing wrong with that because the sport needs new and different to keep it going.  These sleds hitting the used market in a few seasons will be perfect for the demographic that seeks out and rides the rough stuff and can pick one up for half price.  

On 4/7/2021 at 11:05 AM, fortune46x said:

My question to you and others is if I get a lynx - do I have to be a part of the PPP , or the mad catters? I dont know what to do with my hands. I wont be a part of the doo club

Shouldn't all the folks who supposedly loved the Baler which Poo finally killed be all over these sleds?  For years we heard how playful, bitchin and awesome they are.  Clearly the Lynx Rave isn't for Doo guys.

@fortune46x if you get one you'll have to renounce your mad catter membership and join the pussy posse.  

49 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Shouldn't all the folks who supposedly loved the Baler which Poo finally killed be all over these sleds?  For years we heard how playful, bitchin and awesome they are.  Clearly the Lynx Rave isn't for Doo guys.

@fortune46x if you get one you'll have to renounce your mad catter membership and join the pussy posse.  

I personally haven't had a Baler since 2016.  Wife had one until 2 seasons ago.  Still one of the best riding sleds I will say. 

Nothing wrong with the Lynx either it's just not as trail friendly as other sleds from what I'm told by the guys that had it for 3 days.  If they rode more off trail and ditch pounding then they would consider buying a Lynx.  Out of the 5 guys that rode it 3 are buying new Doo's and the other 2 are keeping their current sled.  One friend that had a Cat turbo sold it and put money down on a Lynx but now he's not sure if he's going to take it.

Edited by Doug