The old HCS is back just under a new name see you on the dark side.

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yep. I have a Culver’s wrap coming for my groomer. I was able to get sponsorship from them when I said I know people that wreck sleds in their parking to get a butter burger delux 

Well done, my brother.  Well done!!  :bc:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Anyone know if the precision efi tune lives up to their claims on a New holland T9? Ever since Scott Wine took over it catches on fire like a 800ctech. I also need it to roll a lot of coal when pulling my groomer. I already bought a 12 inch ggb race pipe for it. 

don't forget to add 406 led lights....... and underglow.  :lol2:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Doug said:

Steel cleats are not fun especially as they start to wear and get thin they then start to crack and break.  Brings back bad memories of our LMC.  

With four belts and I can't remember how many steel bars I think I counted 660 or more bolts and nuts just for one track now think of doing all four tracks on a Tucker. Its just not efficient and yes the old Tucker does a great job laying down a ribbon and the boys do an awesome job keeping up on maintenance but the object is to not burn people out. We owe nothing right now and we have money I think we can do better.   

9 hours ago, Badger** said:

With four belts and I can't remember how many steel bars I think I counted 660 or more bolts and nuts just for one track now think of doing all four tracks on a Tucker. Its just not efficient and yes the old Tucker does a great job laying down a ribbon and the boys do an awesome job keeping up on maintenance but the object is to not burn people out. We owe nothing right now and we have money I think we can do better.   

How much are you looking to spend? The local club I used to belong to sold this one last fall to upgrade and are possibly selling another one.

FB_IMG_1559358384813.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Badger** said:

Badger what kind of drag you goes use?  We have sno-plane and like the blades in them cause we can drop them to fill the drag up and move the snow to fill ditches and low snow areas.  We picked up and Arrow drag to use behind a wheeled tractor we want to try in some areas.

9 hours ago, Doug said:

Badger what kind of drag you goes use?  We have sno-plane and like the blades in them cause we can drop them to fill the drag up and move the snow to fill ditches and low snow areas.  We picked up and Arrow drag to use behind a wheeled tractor we want to try in some areas.

We have one Arrowhead drag and I can't think of the one we have for the John Deere Tractor we lease which no one used this year it takes a talent to drive the Tractor with tires not tracks this rig is a handful with the hills we have around hear. The Arrowhead is a very heavy drag if not careful this drag can pull right our Tucker off the side of a hill or suck you down a hillside. That's another thing they want is a new lighter drag we can't switch out the drag from Tractor to Tucker because they use a different type of hydraulic oil. Doug you guys have more than enough HP to run the big drags. Have you tried using a roller yet they seem to work well at the start of the season?    

11 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

How much are you looking to spend? The local club I used to belong to sold this one last fall to upgrade and are possibly selling another one.

FB_IMG_1559358384813.jpg

I would like to see them spend 80k at the most. 

1 hour ago, Badger** said:

I would like to see them spend 80k at the most. 

Ok. If they sell the other machine I think it might be around 100k but I can keep an eye open around here for you.

• Like 1

There's a special group on FB that exclusively has quite a few groomers for sale. 

Otherwise, LaCrosse County has 2 of their ASV DX Series groomers for sale. One of them has only like 1700 hours on it. 

Our club currently has 3 machines.....we'll be adding to the fleet at some point.....We need something lighter to get us across some of our swamps early in the season....

15 hours ago, Badger** said:

We have one Arrowhead drag and I can't think of the one we have for the John Deere Tractor we lease which no one used this year it takes a talent to drive the Tractor with tires not tracks this rig is a handful with the hills we have around hear. The Arrowhead is a very heavy drag if not careful this drag can pull right our Tucker off the side of a hill or suck you down a hillside. That's another thing they want is a new lighter drag we can't switch out the drag from Tractor to Tucker because they use a different type of hydraulic oil. Doug you guys have more than enough HP to run the big drags. Have you tried using a roller yet they seem to work well at the start of the season?    

With the Sno-Plane drags we can load them up with snow when we drop the blades to the point that the tractor will spin out.  We don't have a roller but as light as the snow was when the season started we talked about getting one which would have help get a base.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Doug said:

With the Sno-Plane drags we can load them up with snow when we drop the blades to the point that the tractor will spin out.  We don't have a roller but as light as the snow was when the season started we talked about getting one which would have help get a base.

Rollers do work well in helping to build the base in the early season.  When we couldn't borrow a roller we went out in the rubber tracked Tucker to help get the air out of the snow and widen it out so sleds don't just ride the middle.

Mogul Master drags were the most common in NH when I was involved with the clubs. We also had a 20-08 Mt Grooming Drag that worked well too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ckf said:

Rollers do work well in helping to build the base in the early season.  When we couldn't borrow a roller we went out in the rubber tracked Tucker to help get the air out of the snow and widen it out so sleds don't just ride the middle.

@ckf Exactly 100%- early season snow is a huge insulator and slows the frost from penetrating the ground. A roller knocks the air out of the snow and compacts it allowing the frost to penetrate sooner. The added bonus is that it helps to get sled traffic on the full width of the trail sooner to help freeze things down. Otherwise, the damn sleds just run right down the center of the trail.

We love early season traffic on our trails. The more we get early, the quicker things are frozen down enough for us to get our groomers across the wet areas.

We are blessed with natural snow, and lake effect. Every day that we can't groom is lost revenue for the club.....

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 10:51 AM, Doug said:

Here's the first groomer our club had.

103443257_2997497990303544_3293567295585605182_n.jpg

One of my friends used to have a Arctic Cat Quadtrac he gave me.  I never did anything with it and he ended up selling to to someone in Iowa.  Had the original drag and everything, but it needed a complete resto.  It was a state of MN machine at one time is my understanding.

Wish I'd have made time to do something with that thing.  

20 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

@ckf Exactly 100%- early season snow is a huge insulator and slows the frost from penetrating the ground. A roller knocks the air out of the snow and compacts it allowing the frost to penetrate sooner. The added bonus is that it helps to get sled traffic on the full width of the trail sooner to help freeze things down. Otherwise, the damn sleds just run right down the center of the trail.

We love early season traffic on our trails. The more we get early, the quicker things are frozen down enough for us to get our groomers across the wet areas.

We are blessed with natural snow, and lake effect. Every day that we can't groom is lost revenue for the club.....

Our preference is have the sleds run in the trails first before we go out with the groomer.  Last year we didn't have enough snow to open the trails and the snow was so light we were just pulling the snow off when we tried to groom.  A roller would have worked nice but we didn't have one.

4 hours ago, ckf said:

... and widen it out so sleds don't just ride the middle.

38 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

helps to get sled traffic on the full width of the trail sooner to help freeze things down. Otherwise, the damn sleds just run right down the center of the trail.

seems no matter how wide the trail is or if it's fresh groom or not, people around here seem the like to ride in the center of the trail, when the aren't riding off the trail.  people?  :koo-koo:

• Like 1