The old HCS is back just under a new name see you on the dark side.

A message I left on HCS. 

The old HCS is back just under a new name see you on the dark side. I'll stop by just to say hello to my old friends from time to time.

Beer Cheers 🍻

Badger

20210115_182638_720x.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Badger** said:

The old HCS is back just under a new name see you on the dark side

The old HCS will NEVER be back,,,sooner some of you guys figure this out the sooner we can move on. It's over,, fini,,caput!

I'm good with it.  You can only make so many post about the Polaris employees possible looses their benefit to use sleds on the weekends because of high demand.  Who's clutch kit is the greatest.  What studs to use. To use a bearing in the 2ndary with or without shims or use delrin washer and how many.

Still some good guys there but when I drop in every once and a while some of the threads have lost their value pages ago.

I'm good the way its turning out and waiting for my sled.

Edited by Doug

Thanks for the welcome. Now I have to figure out how to configure this new forum. Signatures, avatars, following topics, latest activity, etc. 

Sorry about the conflict w/ VS. There's always been camaraderie between sledders- and HCS was a great reflection of how sledders bust balls when out riding.  HCS was unique, and you guys were what drove the success at HCS. I've had the opportunity to meet some of you refugees- either through ISOC, or through corporate Cat- and most of you guys are a class act. So, I'll try to contribute here and will watch the fun that ensues! 

HCS has and will continue to become more homogenous. The things that made it unique and stand out from other forums/facebook are now gone. And HCS will SLOWLY fade to become just like every other forum. What made HCS unique, made it successful. This is a prime example of cancel culture. 

Although I haven't traditionally posted daily, I typically lurk most days. I had been at HCS since 2006, and ArcticChat since 2003. ArcticChat is mostly dead, and now pretty much caters to new folks seeking info on old iron. 

I'm looking forward to seeing if other folks will make the trek over here, and if this site will grow- even when other forums are on the decline. 

• Thanks 1

And Thank you Chris @Bontz for the welcome. 

BTW- after 29 new Cats since 1990, I just came to the dark side and ordered a new '22 Indy XC 650..... My first new Poo since my Fusion 700. Let's hope that this is a better decision than that one was.....

• Like 2

I don't care what brand a guy rides as long as they're a fellow sledhead ... the banter is just for fun, as long as people can have somewhat of a thick skin.  So with that said, congrats on the new 650!!  I'll be joining you with the same/similar sled next season.  I never thought I'd stray away from Cat either, but I did & really have zero regrets.  Here's to hoping next season is a GREAT ONE 🍻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ziemann said:

@Zambroski Thanks, buddy. It's good to see ya. 

BTW, when the hell are ya going to ride with Mac and I?

Yeah man!  How’s Mac doing?  I’m probably going to be breaking ground somewhere in Cheese Land by fall.  So, we’ll pound trail next winter for sure.  I missed this last season being south, in case you haven’t heard,

:bc:

I missed you at Duluth this year for sure!

248CEAAA-F703-42F4-847A-7F5560DCBE06.jpeg

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah man!  How’s Mac doing?  I’m probably going to be breaking ground somewhere in Cheese Land by fall.  So, we’ll pound trail next winter for sure.  I missed this last season being south, in case you haven’t heard,

Says Mr. No-Show...

Hooligan?  In a sled website I really just want quality sled content.  Naming it hooligan implied (to me) it's just going to be a giant shit show of shit slinging.  Sounds exciting but no thanks.

4 hours ago, Ziemann said:

And Thank you Chris @Bontz for the welcome. 

BTW- after 29 new Cats since 1990, I just came to the dark side and ordered a new '22 Indy XC 650..... My first new Poo since my Fusion 700. Let's hope that this is a better decision than that one was.....

I can just about bet good money that you’d have to get the worst 650 Indy to date, to ever compare it to a Fusion 700. This coming from an ex-Fusion 900 owner. :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bontz said:

Hey @Ziemann ... welcome to the new playground!!

And yes, Steve is right ... the HCS of old will never be back.  We can officially thank Vertical Scope for that, but meh ... whatever.  

We can thank, Vertical scope, Pit Grunt & Rodeo Rider.

New subjects that need to be discussed on HCS

How's your garden growing

What's your summer plans

What's your favorite musical instrument 

Vapor Trails......... AGAIN

How to stop rabbits from eating my garden

Is any one a bee keeper or do you have bee boxes/hives

lol.gif.6361e9537a49543cb5f9473145535c74.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I remember that pic! LOLOLOL- My finger looks great there, doesn't it????

Yo @D-rail

Sad thing is that we were up on the Gunflint a couple of days before you ran up to Grand Portage. Yes, I am a NO SHOW on your rides. I'm starting to get to the point where I think I may have trouble keeping up with you guys any more on a long ride....my body is starting to bark back at me. 

Mac and I have been running from my house in Solon Springs weekly on Mondays or Tuesdays during the season. I NEED to have you guys out. I tend to groom trails later in the week, and ride earlier in the week.....

IMAG0819.jpg

• Like 2

@SayatodaU.P.eh?

The bar is set pretty low compared to my Fusion 700. It soured me on a Polaris for a really long time. I tend to be a sucker for any new tech, chassis, engines, etc. And at times have suffered from those 1st year headaches. That Fusion turned me to back to Cats for 15 years. If the Indy XC 650 Matryx is half as good as everyone says it is, then I will be a happy camper. Cat had an opportunity to knock it out of the park for their 60th Anniversary....and they blew it and lost me as a customer. 

The only down side was finding a decent Polaris dealer since I didn't have an existing relationship with a dealer any more. I had bought a new Ski-Doo Skandic for our snowmobile club back in December at an area dealer, and he treated me really well. I initially overlooked them, and went back in for a Polaris quote last week, and he remembered me and gave me a decent deal.....  

• Like 2

I was referring to big Zambo... he's lost several years of riding when he was around.  And often late to the show... 

We'd love to get with you in Solon, you guys do a great job on those trails. Only problem I have is those boring straights, although not terrible 'cuz there's no speed limit. i like that part. but some of those corridor runs are snoozers. Yep, when we can put together a Brisker, I'll get hold of you and see what you have going. Many of our "scouting runs" we get in before the main rides are pretty fun, too!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerry 976 said:

We can thank, Vertical scope, Pit Grunt & Rodeo Rider.

@Jerry 976 - After all of that, they aren't even around on HCS. Rodeo Rider says she is gone til fall......

VS is just stupid. A site's success is about button clicks and participation. There's never been a snowmobile forum that's seen as much activity as HCS. And to gut the site for what? To make it homogenous to increase participation? Cancel culture.....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, D-rail said:

I was referring to big Zambo... he's lost several years of riding when he was around.  And often late to the show... 

We'd love to get with you in Solon, you guys do a great job on those trails. Only problem I have is those boring straights, although not terrible 'cuz there's no speed limit. i like that part. but some of those corridor runs are snoozers. Yep, when we can put together a Brisker, I'll get hold of you and see what you have going. Many of our "scouting runs" we get in before the main rides are pretty fun, too!!

I'd love that. Come on down. I tend to not ride the North Shore as often either because of the distance between beer....I mean pit stops. The rail grades down here essentially just get you to the decent trails. They are an appetizer, not the main course.....