Helmets

• Gold Member
14 hours ago, Deephaven said:

I've worn the Titan down to -30F and not a cold spot to be found.  Bought the carbon one, it's super light and comfy but you will need a smaller size than you think.  I wear a 7 3/4 baseball cap, but a L Titan fits.  The XL was too big.  

Thats funny because with the Mission I had to go up a size. 

Im normally a Large in every helmet I ever had,  but for this one XL fits perfect. 

They didn't have any Titans to try on unfortunately.  

Amusingly I can get the medium on my head...but it hurts to take off.  Made me order both the L & XL and I returned the XL.  I basically wear nothing underneath it even in the coldest weather.  The Titan is sealed up really well.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

bumping this up as I'm starting to look for a new lid... for warmer day (10-33F) riding.

don't want MX lid and goggles - but am interested in the CKX Titan 

have looked at the CKX Mission - idk?

wish Klim made a winter style Krios....

will be keeping my trusty old A/C TXI lid for cold days which never fogs, has a great visor is very warm and is literally a bowling ball as far as weight

You really need that cluster fuck oxygen helmet skidoo makes. The added lights and cord will go great with your ride lights

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2021 at 7:58 PM, Doug said:

Funny story.  Years ago I use to do a lot of radar runs.  I had top speed in trail stock.   A friend of mine blew his track in improved so I was helping him change the track in his trailer.  Some other freinds of mine talked my wife into registering my sled under a fake name and had her run my sled without me knowing and she beat my top speed.  We went up afterwords and I'm looking and now I'm in 2nd place and have no idea who this girl is.  I take my 2nd place trophy still wondering who beat me.  As they announce the name my wife walks up to except thr trophy and all my buddies are laughing their asses off.  She still has that trophy.

Used to do a lot of radar runs also. My wife still has her 700 class winning trophy on my sled!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm torn.....ran a BV2s for years, then traded for an Oxygen 3 years ago when they first came out.  Great helmet but useless without the cord plugged in.  Shield will fog over in minutes.  Also would often take 10 minutes or so in the morning to warm up and keep the shield clear.  The internal visor could take as long as 15 minutes to clear out if I put it on after lunch.  I probably should have went with an XL because I couldn't use the sound deadening pads.  Ran that 2 years then bought a CKX Mission.  I liked it and hated it.  Visor snapped off and broke in 2 pieces first ride.  Loved that it didn't need to be plugged in and it was plenty warm.  Problem I had was the nose piece never sat right on my nose, and I adjusted it every way I could.  About 5 rides in the internal visor mechanism failed, rendering it useless.  Dealer told me he sold 5 that came back with the same issue.  I ended up getting a full refund after using it all season.  This year Ski Doo came out with the Exome, which I want to check out, but my dealer doesn't have any yet.  Price is very reasonable.  It has to be warm as we're often out in below zero, and especially on a saddlebag trip where there are no options if it gets cold.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2022 at 5:37 PM, Deephaven said:

I've worn the Titan down to -30F and not a cold spot to be found.  Bought the carbon one, it's super light and comfy but you will need a smaller size than you think.  I wear a 7 3/4 baseball cap, but a L Titan fits.  The XL was too big.  

Stopped by a multi line dealer today to see what they had for lids and they had a multitude of Missions in all sizes.  M fits great, now I just have to decide if it's going to be a Mission or Titan.

On 10/9/2022 at 5:38 PM, Deephaven said:

If you come this way, I have a Lg and my neighbor/riding buddy a M you could try on.

On 10/10/2022 at 8:16 AM, EvilBird said:

I just picked up a Mission Carbon Electric on Sat.

Ill run my 509 Delta with goggles for warm days. It was just too drafty for cold days even with the shield. 

D2FB85CA-BEC2-45B0-A761-4C35C0978F62.jpeg

Nice

I'm personally not crazy about the visor but that's the trend now.

IMG_20221112_114449862.jpg

On 11/13/2022 at 9:17 AM, mnstang said:

Moto helmet and goggles.  Works every time.  And better safety than these gimmicky tinker toy helmets in the sled industry.

But hey wear a tekvest and you're good to go lol

I've considered going back to that setup again after trying a couple styles that aren't supposed to fog and still having trouble with fogging. I think I have an odd shape head which doesn't help. 

34 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

I've considered going back to that setup again after trying a couple styles that aren't supposed to fog and still having trouble with fogging. I think I have an odd shape head which doesn't help. 

if Cat redid the TXI helmet and made it lighter I'd have already purchased one as I've never had it fog once.  but, they don't and though I've tried I just can't get used to goggles in winter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if Cat redid the TXI helmet and made it lighter I'd have already purchased one as I've never had it fog once.  but, they don't and though I've tried I just can't get used to goggles in winter.

I had a txi years ago and didn't like it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I still have a TXI that works dang good.  Nice simple helmet that doesn't fog.  It allows plenty of fresh breathing air.  It also works well with glasses.

I wish somebody would make an updated version without all kinds of knick knacks.  Make it lighter and update the face grommet material.  I'm fine with making my own sound deadening if I need.

It seems crazy that nobody has figured out how to make a simple helmet like the TXI that actually works.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, favoritos said:

I still have a TXI that works dang good.  Nice simple helmet that doesn't fog.  It allows plenty of fresh breathing air.  It also works well with glasses.

I wish somebody would make an updated version without all kinds of knick knacks.  Make it lighter and update the face grommet material.  I'm fine with making my own sound deadening if I need.

It seems crazy that nobody has figured out how to make a simple helmet like the TXI that actually works.

all the above, great visor and it was cheap AF 

very much underrated head mounted bowling ball.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 3:07 PM, Sled_Hed said:

I had a txi years ago and didn't like it.

I had one, wasn't a fan.  Mine would fog.  Modified the vent system which helped but still sometimes an issue.  Buddy has one and has to run an electric shield for the fogging.  He's finally talking about looking for a moto style.  The only time I've had goggles fif is if I take them off and they fall in snow and get all wet.  I carry a second pair in case that happens and the industry leading procross has an Innovative goggle heater bag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/13/2022 at 10:17 AM, mnstang said:

Moto helmet and goggles.  Works every time.  And better safety than these gimmicky tinker toy helmets in the sled industry.

But hey wear a tekvest and you're good to go lol

Yup. Sadly, after spending a decent amount of money on another full face helmet last year (509 R3L Ignite), I’ll keep wearing my Klim F3 for pretty much everything. Yes it’s cold to trail ride in, on colder days, without the cold weather liner in and a decent balaclava, but it fits great and I have a good amount of good goggles that never give me any issues when trail riding. 

The 509 can NOT be worn without the stupid snow/chin skirt because air goes right up into your eyes from underneath because they don’t have a chin curtain for the fucking thing. Just the big stupid skirt thing.