Covid at Work

• USA Contributing Member

One guy I work with brought it in and 10 people that worked with him that day were quarantined. This guy and one other ended up in the hospital, one on a ventilator.

Guy down the hall got sick and went home. Died 2 weeks later. 

I took a week off and went to Fla. Came back to find one guy in my room out sick.  The other guy talked to me briefly on Monday.  Both were then out sick the rest of the week.

I was called on Friday to say I had been exposed at lunch with one of these guys, they got it wrong but gave me enough info to figure it out that it was the guy I had talked to briefly on Monday and told them. Based on the distance and time of exposure they determined that I was ok.

I went and got tested Saturday morning just for piece of mind. It was 5 on Saturday, today is 6, I have no symptoms.  Will get results by Monday.

I got lucky taking off a week.

These 2 guys are older, I hope they make it.  This shit is bothering me big time.

I took the time off because I had a couple things happen to me including a breakup with girlfriend and I needed some time away from covid, work, and all the other shit.

I’m almost ready to sit down with a shrink.

Been running every day (16 out of 17 days), I think it helps. Talking to and seeing some friends, trying to stay busy.

• Sad 2

• USA Contributing Member

So the relationship I had with this woman was only two and a half months but I did start to develop feelings.  It was going good, nice and easy, she was into it and I was confident by then that it was something that would work.  Something happened on her end all of a sudden and she called it quits with no reason.  Ouch.  She was having problems with her family that began to really bother her, I was supportive but I think she needs time to deal with this.  I’m leaving her alone.

Meanwhile work has been slowing down and it’s been stressful keeping busy. Need to charge time against something and being government you have to keep it as realistic as possible.  I’m safe, just stressed.

Then covid during all this...

I’m feeling guilt because I’m thinking about this woman and feel like I should be worried about these 2 guys that I work with everyday.  Then I feel guiltly that I was lucky enough that I wasn’t there.  One guy isn’t that healthy, both are in their 60’s.  Haven’t heard a thing from either.

Going to see my kid at college, don’t want to dwell on this with him so I hope he’s in a talkative mood.  He knows about the girlfriend and that covid has been happening where I am.  

• Like 2