Taiga Atlas electric snowmobile

• Gold Member
12 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

If they seriously lighten them up you almost never burn a full tank in the hills in a day so range not the issue but they need to drop 200. And that is not going to happen any time soon .

But for shit like at my cabin running to the bar for dinner and back 25 min each way poss 40 min if I take a long loop perfect . And a fuck load of guys do that and only that.  I see em every weekend I am up there 

586lbs isn’t horrible what 50lbs heavier than a gassed and oiled up 850 summit and similar weight to a 4s sure it could loose a few and I’m sure with future tech it will. 

Yeah and the weight distribution may be very different with the battery on the tunnel.  I'd reserve judgement till riding it but I think a big issue you have to remember is this is their first time building a sled, they don't have 40+ years of experience in chassis/suspension development to build from and pull knowledge from.  Anyone with experience in anything knows that is a big deal.  But you have to start somewhere.  I know I could have an electric sled and find alot of use for something like that.  

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yeah and the weight distribution may be very different with the battery on the tunnel.  I'd reserve judgement till riding it but I think a big issue you have to remember is this is their first time building a sled, they don't have 40+ years of experience in chassis/suspension development to build from and pull knowledge from.  Anyone with experience in anything knows that is a big deal.  But you have to start somewhere.  I know I could have an electric sled and find alot of use for something like that.  

Cat has 60 years of knowledge/experience to draw from - so they launched a new Blast and then after showing off the 2022's only Jim Ramstad is in love with they debuted an add-on Garmin gps and mount?  Pathetic effort and foresight. 

Taiga has made quantum leaps moving forward over the 'big three' and I honestly applaud their efforts, but that doesn't necessarily mean I want one or would consider buying one.  If I had to wager and speculate, BRP or a multinational investment group buys them out before they sell their first sled if their technology and product is 'that good'.  

I honestly hate being so down on Cat - but the disappointment for Cat loyalists with what has come out of TRF since Textron took over is frankly overwhelming this year even more so than in the past few years.      

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Cat has 60 years of knowledge/experience to draw from - so they launched a new Blast and then after showing off the 2022's only Jim Ramstad is in love with they debuted an add-on Garmin gps and mount?  Pathetic effort and foresight. 

Taiga has made quantum leaps moving forward over the 'big three' and I honestly applaud their efforts, but that doesn't necessarily mean I want one or would consider buying one.  If I had to wager and speculate, BRP or a multinational investment group buys them out before they sell their first sled if their technology and product is 'that good'.  

I honestly hate being so down on Cat - but the disappointment for Cat loyalists with what has come out of TRF since Textron took over is frankly overwhelming this year even more so than in the past few years.      

That time of the month again?  Now you can't buy a sled you were never going to buy in the first place.  Dangit.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, mnstang said:

That time of the month again?  Now you can't buy a sled you were never going to buy in the first place.  Dangit.

1,446 posts, 409 of them are positive, 324 of those are Ramstads
https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/2022-release-date.1877809/

247 comments, 31 of them are positive, 28 of those are Ramstads

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/2022-Arctic-Cats-Launched---A-High-Level-Overview

jus sayin...

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member
8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

and... not complete rubbish?  maybe it's a good thing they haven't been building sleds since the 1960's  :lmao:

The 180hp version sounds interesting and if it’s anything like the electric cars I’ve driven the thing probably pulls like a mother farker. I want to ride one.

On 3/31/2021 at 9:06 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

1,446 posts, 409 of them are positive, 324 of those are Ramstads
https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/2022-release-date.1877809/

247 comments, 31 of them are positive, 28 of those are Ramstads

http://www.arcticinsider.com/Article/2022-Arctic-Cats-Launched---A-High-Level-Overview

jus sayin...

Wow you really look at numbers alot to justify your decisions, maybe you should switch up to the #2 you'd fit right in.

22 hours ago, mnstang said:

Wow you really look at numbers alot to justify your decisions, maybe you should switch up to the #2 you'd fit right in.

just weighing choices when Cat inevitably only offers Blast models or Textron shutters the sled division

at least Taiga gives people another option besides Doo & Poo