Guys that are going to stud their sled

Doug

If your're going to stud your sleds you WILL need tunnel protectors if you use studs. The Matryx has flat heat exchangers so it not like the Axys.  Tell your dealer NOT to install the snow flap. It makes installing the tunnel protectors and studs much more easier.

10 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Not sure if I’m going to stud my Axys Indy yet or now. Heard horror stories about the tunnel protectors causing them to overheat. 

Only stud the center belt and you don't need tunnel protectors on the Axys.

12 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Not sure if I’m going to stud my Axys Indy yet or now. Heard horror stories about the tunnel protectors causing them to overheat. 

I have aluminum tunnel protectors for that! They work awesome!

I won't drive a unstudded sled---but that's me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fastsleddr said:

I have aluminum tunnel protectors for that! They work awesome!

I won't drive a unstudded sled---but that's me.

I’m not a fan of riding an unstudded trail sled either I’ve just really taken a liking to the ice ripper style tracks but don’t want to put that much money into it. I can get Woodys at a decent discount, and have a brand new set of 6” carbides sitting here for pro steers so I will probably just toss 96 gold diggers on double backers in it next fall, before I ride it. 

Then I’ll need my legal brap brap chaaan. 

And a Jimbo special clutch kit. :thumbsup:

I agree with Doug on the idea of not needing tunnel protectors if staying with just inner belt studs.  I wish Polaris would go back to integrated tunnel protectors, but then I'm sure guys would bitch because it would end up being an added cost.  Anyway ... don't sweat adding tunnel protectors - not needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I agree with Doug on the idea of not needing tunnel protectors if staying with just inner belt studs.  I wish Polaris would go back to integrated tunnel protectors, but then I'm sure guys would bitch because it would end up being an added cost.  Anyway ... don't sweat adding tunnel protectors - not needed.

You will need them on the Matryx.

2 hours ago, racerdave said:

You will need them on the Matryx.

Yup - had them installed on last year's sled and have them ordered for my XCR.  I was just echoing Doug's comment about not needing them on the AXYS chassis if staying on the inner belt.

3 hours ago, Bontz said:

Yup - had them installed on last year's sled and have them ordered for my XCR.  I was just echoing Doug's comment about not needing them on the AXYS chassis if staying on the inner belt.

Have tunnel protectors ordered for my XCR also 👍

• 6 months later...