Pyros

I use to love them Till I wached a good bud get his hand litteraly blown off at birthday party . It was over 4 min from when the fuse was lit and when he picked the thought to be dud morter tube up it was a show none if the kids will ever forget.  

• Sad 2

Not licensed but put on a couple big shows every year.  Regularly toy with the idea of a Type 54 but just never seem to pursue.  Last years show on the 4th was 108 cues, all e-fire.  Finally made the leap to COBRA this year, huge upgrade from the Chinese firing systems.  Ben used to blow off quite a bunch of stuff if I recall. Here is the set from last year, curvature is due to the pano photo.  Decent mix of consumer and 1.4Pro cakes and 162 shells.  Also had 4 wheels and 4 500 gram fountains.  Product availability could make this year interesting.

IMG_7107.thumb.jpeg.f667754e38e399e898f3049031ebd79f.jpeg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jdels said:

Not licensed but put on a couple big shows every year.  Regularly toy with the idea of a Type 54 but just never seem to pursue.  Last years show on the 4th was 108 cues, all e-fire.  Finally made the leap to COBRA this year, huge upgrade from the Chinese firing systems.  Ben used to blow off quite a bunch of stuff if I recall. Here is the set from last year, curvature is due to the pano photo.  Decent mix of consumer and 1.4Pro cakes and 162 shells.  Also had 4 wheels and 4 500 gram fountains.  Product availability could make this year interesting.

IMG_7107.thumb.jpeg.f667754e38e399e898f3049031ebd79f.jpeg

Cobra is definitely the way to go. We still occasionally use pyromate and i can't stand that. 

I shot 660 mortars and 40x500g cakes last year on a single fuse. It went well until I suffered the same preignition of fuse coordination I have in the past. I need to step up to an electronic system but I’ve been too lazy. I’m not doing fireworks this year. Just way too busy

Edited by f7ben

• Platinum Contributing Member

Put on one good show about a decade ago for friends and family.   Was picking up little shreds of paper for months.   Last time ever.  :lol:  

Edited by Highmark

31 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

I worked for zambelli for several years and then started my own, maybe 25-35 shows a year.

Did you have shows last year? We were hurting bad.

Atlas normally has around 225 shows for july 4th, i think they had about 20 total. 

I even had a town cancel the day before i was supposed to shoot.

Im hoping this year is better

1 hour ago, Tommcat said:

Atlas normally has around 225 shows for july 4th, i think they had about 20 total. 

All the local towns baild in my parts.  But the local sugar daddy's picked up the slack and hired the people the town baild on and had them yank the barges to do privet showes in fr of there homes . 

16 hours ago, Tommcat said:

Of the 35 shows I had contracted I did 5, I only have three licensed shooters so I’m limited as to how many I can do, not to mention I don’t go after winter shows any more because it seem like it’s alway 20 below on show day. 

3 hours ago, Sleepr2 said:

Of the 35 shows I had contracted I did 5, I only have three licensed shooters so I’m limited as to how many I can do, not to mention I don’t go after winter shows any more because it seem like it’s alway 20 below on show day. 

winter shows are my favorite. i'll take cold set up over 100 degrees in a parking lot any day. plus, the effects are better IMO

18 hours ago, jdels said:

If you guys were closer I'd work for free for the experience.  Good luck with upcoming season.

Be careful who you work for, several have a reputation for paying months later or not at all.