RPM Act

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

No they won’t...  I could go buy a corvette or a multitude of vehicles off of the showroom floor...  hit the road course or drag strip no problem.

heck even nascar could run mufflers and cat converters and not lose any performance.

Probably not for much longer with the trend toward EV's. What about the low buck guys that want to race and have fun?

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Probably not for much longer with the trend toward EV's. What about the low buck guys that want to race and have fun?

So they will get faster then.  Most hybrids and EV’s that are performance oriented are a lot quicker.

low buck guys can buy a used mustang or camaro or challenger or civic and race all they want...  nobody is stopping them from racing.

• Gold Member
18 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

OK so lets get back to mandatory inspections for on road registered vehicles if that's what needs to happen. Why go after racing?

We have mandatory inspections in NH they never say anything about no cats. No check engine light your good to go and that’s easy enough to bypass. The only way to stop no cats on public roads would be like what California does. It is all but impossible to run any kind of modification and still pass smog in ca 

5 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So they will get faster then.  Most hybrids and EV’s that are performance oriented are a lot quicker.

low buck guys can buy a used mustang or camaro or challenger or civic and race all they want...  nobody is stopping them from racing.

Yay...stock unmodified cars  :lol:

Estrogen pills, solar panels and EV's...... sounds like fun!

5 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

We have mandatory inspections in NH they never say anything about no cats. No check engine light your good to go and that’s easy enough to bypass. The only way to stop no cats on public roads would be like what California does. It is all but impossible to run any kind of modification and still pass smog in ca 

I remember when I was younger the mandatory inspections we used to have here and the things people would do to pass them. But that was with Joe the mechanic at the local Gas Station when we used to have mechanics there. 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yay...stock unmodified cars  :lol:

Estrogen pills, solar panels and EV's...... sounds like fun!

What’s wrong with a stock SS 1le camaro, mustang Mach 1, or a used hellcat? There is very little benefit in racing those by cutting mufflers and cats off.  Only thing it accomplishes is making the owner look like an inbred hillbilly when using that vehicle on public roads.

Edited by BOHICA
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

What’s wrong with a stock SS 1le camaro, mustang Mach 1, or a used hellcat.  There is very little benefit in racing those by cutting mufflers and cats off.  Only thing it accomplishes is making the owner look like an inbred hillbilly when using that vehicle on public roads.

How about the everyday guy with skills and a low budget? I can take a $500 car and turn it into a race car this is a hobby and carries a huge following.  You just eliminated a huge industry.

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I remember when I was younger the mandatory inspections we used to have here and the things people would do to pass them. But that was with Joe the mechanic at the local Gas Station when we used to have mechanics there. 

They’ve definitely gotten a lot more strict but it’s still not a issue as long as no codes show up. They care more about safety thing tires etc and rust holes.

1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

How about the everyday guy with skills and a low budget? I can take a $500 car and turn it into a race car this is a hobby and carries a huge following.  You just eliminated a huge industry.

Bohica says just got but a 1LE then  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

They’ve definitely gotten a lot more strict but it’s still not a issue as long as no codes show up. They care more about safety thing tires etc and rust holes.

If the issue is from what people do on public roads then maybe there needs to be some changes there. We're all going to be driving EV's or something similar soon enough. Leave motorsport racing alone is all I'm saying. Be it the big buck guys or the low buck enthusiast. It's on a track!

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

You going to use it on public roads in its illegally modified form for onroad use?

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Fuckin right I am.

You are part of reason the gov is cracking down on the aftermarket industry then.  Own worst enemy when it comes to motor sports.

you’re pretty much an off trail rider in and on trail only area and ruining the sport for everyone else.

Edited by BOHICA

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

You are part of reason the gov is cracking down on the aftermarket industry then.  Own worst enemy when it comes to motor sports.

you’re pretty much an off trail rider in and on trail only area and ruining the sport for everyone else.

Only you can make that comparison smh.  I'll build my rusty beater and come do donuts on your solar grid and knock over your windmills.  I don't roll coal though that's just disrespectful.

How far down the road will we need special acceptations to drive an old gas powered vehicle on the road anways? Let's not speed that up by allowing the EPA to do a massive overreach.

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Only you can make that comparison smh.  I'll build my rusty beater and come do donuts on your solar grid and knock over your windmills.  I don't roll coal though that's just disrespectful.

Your not the type that is really in discussion on the RPM act.  It’s not like you are buying anything that has much newer tech then a carburetor.  So your $500 tuning might be a timing change, split fire plugs, MSD wires and some carb jets.

this whole thing revolves around widely available tuners that defeat emission equipment.  They need to be regulated out if people are not going to police themselves

Edited by BOHICA

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

If the issue is from what people do on public roads then maybe there needs to be some changes there. We're all going to be driving EV's or something similar soon enough. Leave motorsport racing alone is all I'm saying. Be it the big buck guys or the low buck enthusiast. It's on a track!

agreed on track there should be no issue-  but the reality is for a long time all that stuffs been for offroad use only and yet daily is on the road.  so now they are taking it to the enxt level.  big fines didn't seem to help.  Reality is like with many things we already have laws to address it but no one wants to enforce them so they will pass more feel good laws.  

7 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Your not the type that is really in discussion on the RPM act.  It’s not like you are buying anything that has much newer tech then a carburetor.  So your $500 tuning might be a timing change, split fire plugs, MSD wires and some carb jets.

this whole thing revolves around widely available tuners that defeat emission equipment.  They need to be regulated out if people are not going to police themselves

Tell me again why anything needs to be more regulated.  What reason?

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Fireball 440 said:

Tell me again why anything needs to be more regulated.  What reason?

People removing clean emissions equipment and driving said vehicles on road in public.

Edited by BOHICA

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

People removing clean emissions equipment and driving said vehicles on road in public.

So you're so concerned about this 0.000005% of cars on the road you need to do more regulating and not more enforcing. Removing and defeating emissions equipment is already illegal. If it's such a big deal, enforce the current laws already in effect. Just like the southern border.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Fireball 440 said:

So you're so concerned about this 0.000005% of cars on the road you need to do more regulating and not more enforcing. Removing and defeating emissions equipment is already illegal. If it's such a big deal, enforce the current laws already in effect. Just like the southern border.

Current laws state aftermarket modification manufactures can’t sell emissions defeating devices for on road use...  so they are enforcing the law and that is why some are upset 

9 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Current laws state aftermarket modification manufactures can’t sell emissions defeating devices for on road use...  so they are enforcing the law and that is why some are upset 

There was no problem until some Karen went all liberal about 5 years ago. There still isn't a problem. 

Biden needs to strong arm this RPM act but he's an electric car faggot so he won't.