ADAPT

Cwhite138

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

Is the spider in a fixed position now? As in you can’t shim it in or out?

I didn't go through the work to make a grunt tool, to see what is under that cloverleaf shaped nut the spider bolts to, but ASSUME you can either shim it, or shim between it and the spider.  If you shim between it and the spider, I wouldn't go crazy, and a lot of shim would put all the torque on the bolts, where most of it now is carried by the fit of the spider around the outside of that piece.

Pic  of the casting mark.  Anyone recognize this logo?

PXL_20210510_205427460.jpg

Edited by krom
  • Like 2

On 5/12/2021 at 4:09 PM, krom said:

I didn't go through the work to make a grunt tool, to see what is under that cloverleaf shaped nut the spider bolts to, but ASSUME you can either shim it, or shim between it and the spider.  If you shim between it and the spider, I wouldn't go crazy, and a lot of shim would put all the torque on the bolts, where most of it now is carried by the fit of the spider around the outside of that piece.

Pic  of the casting mark.  Anyone recognize this logo?

PXL_20210510_205427460.jpg

I do not, do you?

• 7 months later...
On 1/9/2022 at 7:50 PM, krom said:

Another late update lol

Quite a few small changes between the one I tore apart in the spring and full production. 

Pics of the weights and shims 

Now that people re getting thunder cats delivered are you seeing any issues?? 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:29 PM, Cwhite138 said:

Now that people re getting thunder cats delivered are you seeing any issues?? 

Not much riding to be had on the east coast.  Some trails on Tug Hill opened yesterday, and a few guys are riding on dirt in Old forge, but the vast majority of trails are closed.

So, no complaints yet.

Put on about 1,000 miles running the clutch on an 800 sled.

Very smooth engagement and ride away.  The weight profile also left a little room for the tuners.  Haven't broke anything yet, so I guess durability could be called good so far. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I spoke to a guy at the SSI booth at HayDays today about retrofitting my 21 Riot with the ADAPT clutch.  Besides the titanium clutch bolt and the adjustable magnet-style weights they offer, they also have a BDX milled aluminum clutch cover for the ADAPT that is supposedly stronger.  He said they have seen a small number of cracks on the stock part, which is cast.  Their kit includes everything you need and is customized to each customer's needs and they provide info for tuning the weights.

IMG_7846.JPG

Edited by p51mstg

9 hours ago, p51mstg said:

I spoke to a guy at the SSI booth at HayDays today about retrofitting my 21 Riot with the ADAPT clutch.  Besides the titanium clutch bolt and the adjustable magnet-style weights they offer, they also have a BDX milled aluminum clutch cover for the ADAPT that is supposedly stronger.  He said they have seen a small number of cracks on the stock part, which is cast.  Their kit includes everything you need and is customized to each customer's needs and they provide info for tuning the weights.

IMG_7846.JPG

It'd be nice if they offer a balancing service.  I'm leery of replacing a cover and not getting the clutch re balanced 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

It'd be nice if they offer a balancing service.  I'm leery of replacing a cover and not getting the clutch re balanced 

Good point.  I wonder if they do that when you buy the kit - I will definitely ask.

• Like 1