Performance Stud Stars ... deals to be found?

If anyone sees any sort of deals going on with the Performance Stud Star backers, please let me know?  I used them on my '18 Assault and the smaller Cobra (1.352") and was really happy with them.  I'm debating on trying them again - or going with old reliable and using Fast-Trac again with their studs & backers.

The best US price I've seen so far is through CB Performance for 1.83/backer.

Edited by Bontz

5 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

No idea, but if you decide to forego the gimmicks and just want some woodys, let me know. 

LOL ... I'm still gonna be using Woody's or Fast-Trac studs.  But I liked these backers on my Assault and would definitely consider them again if found at a decent price.

Just now, Bontz said:

LOL ... I'm still gonna be using Woody's or Fast-Trac studs.  But I liked these backers on my Assault and would definitely consider them again if found at a decent price.

Hit me up when you're ready for studs, i can definitely take good care of you on those.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Hit me up when you're ready for studs, i can definitely take good care of you on those.

I can do that whenever you wanna wheel & deal Tom ... whether that be now or over the summer, fall, etc.   I'd be interested in the 1.45's if going Woody's 👍

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

I can do that whenever you wanna wheel & deal Tom ... whether that be now or over the summer, fall, etc.   I'd be interested in the 1.45's if going Woody's 👍

Single ply track or double?

2-ply ... it's the 1.352" Cobra (I know, I know ... it's really a 1.25) in the 136" layout.  So I'll be doing 2-per on this one since it's just a itty bitty six fiddy, which is 108 studs.

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

2-ply ... it's the 1.352" Cobra (I know, I know ... it's really a 1.25) in the 136" layout.  So I'll be doing 2-per on this one since it's just a itty bitty six fiddy, which is 108 studs.

I'll get you a price.

You want gold diggers?

1 minute ago, Tommcat said:

I'll get you a price.

You want gold diggers?

That'd be the preference, yep!  Thanks in advance Tom!! :ylsuper:

Now get back to your Frankie entertainment LOL

25 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

Just a suggestion, with it only being a 6, consider a track swap for a pre studded.

The ice storm is pretty sweet

I looked at it, but I figured if I'm not running a 1.5 Storm (or a 1.6 Cobra) I'm gonna run what I've always run ... a glorified 1.25 with picks in it.  Hell, if my F7 could run with 170 studs (I think that was the count?) this 650 can run with 108.  I'm not looking for top end numbers so it's not a big deal even if this adds some more rotating mass.

10 hours ago, Badger** said:

Call Arnie's Cat House up in Ontario see what they can do for you.  (705) 385-4228 I worked directly with Star Studs last time I bought them. The exchange was in my favor big time. 

Thanks Rob ... I'll shoot them a note & see what they come back with.

@Badger** - thanks for the suggestion on Arnie's.  I called there and spoke with Bev (or was it Beth?) and she put together a quote for me.  I ultimately found CB Performance had the better price by about $10 or so, which I'm sure has more to do with the shipping than anything else.  Credit to CB, too ... I placed the order for the backers without ordering the tool/wrench because I already have one.  They called me about 10 minutes after I placed my order to make sure I didn't need the wrench - good on them for following up!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bontz said:

@Badger** - thanks for the suggestion on Arnie's.  I called there and spoke with Bev (or was it Beth?) and she put together a quote for me.  I ultimately found CB Performance had the better price by about $10 or so, which I'm sure has more to do with the shipping than anything else.  Credit to CB, too ... I placed the order for the backers without ordering the tool/wrench because I already have one.  They called me about 10 minutes after I placed my order to make sure I didn't need the wrench - good on them for following up!

bought a track from CB this year, best price by far and great customer service